Welcome to UnsolvedCanada.ca

This forum lists unsolved murders and missing people from Canada and other related discussions. If you wish to add a case, please create an account and add it, or send the information using the 'Contact' link on the top menu. Please Read The Rules Here.

Question:

Why are many people unwilling to provide tips to police that could solve a murder?

Author Topic: Dennis Melvin HOWE - First Degree Murder of a child - 1983 Toronto  (Read 34316 times)

FRANZ01

• View Profile
Re: Dennis Melvin HOWE - First Degree Murder of a child - 1983 Toronto
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2007, 12:41:10 AM »
Newspapers do help although not everyone reads them. The LaFleche hotelier's sighting report came after an article in the Regina Leader-Post, not a magazine as I said before, but it was 4 years after the fact.
Perhaps Chris can tell us about the level of awareness in Saskatchewan. I know I've seen his picture so many times that, when I see it again, I feel like I know him. Everyone knows about it here....

I think if you want to publicize the case, you should mention his other outstanding giveaway features like his crooked fingers, probable deafness, perhaps requiring a hearing aid, and use of the word Turkey.
Instead of Turkey Man, maybe he should be called Crooked Fingers.

Chris

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2007, 12:47:34 AM »
No one here is aware of anything. That is one thing I noticed. Just today there was a guy busted for a murder in Creston BC but there was no word that he may have even been in Saskatchewan. Heck, there are even unsolved cases in Saskatchewan no one is aware of.

Thanks for those tips. I will add that to a flyer. Maybe just maybe someone knows of him. It seems like Saskatchewan would be an easy place to just hide in. Plus the fed closed down half the RCMP detachments here a few years ago. You could like in a place like Orkney Saskatchewan and never see a cop.

Except in Winter, I end up on every back road as I do lots of prarie photography. I know every post office is closed and everyone must show up to get there mail at those rural PO boxes. I will post these flyers there whenever I can and at gas stations when possible.

Boy it would be great to nab this creep.

Chris

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2007, 12:00:25 AM »
From Kindheart

To me, this case is #1. I have a feeling some of our other cases may be tied to this guy.

Yup me too Chris..he is a loose end and unaccounted for. Child killers generally do not stop this activity but may also kill child like woman. Petite or small boned.

This case is a Canadian shame.

Tony Righy

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2007, 09:06:35 AM »
From KindheartI think they should for sure release EVERYTHING and write a book so we can all read about him. We need to find him.

The following information on Dennis Melvin Howe comes from Max Haines' book on Canadian cases:

He likes country music.
Prefers to drink in restaurants than pubs.
Heavy smoker, lines up his unfiltered cigarettes end to end as he's drinking.
Usually travels by bus and stays in hostels. Learns skills quickly.
Crooked baby fingers, dark complextion, hairy arms, gains and sheds 30 lbs. easily, loud laugh.
Good liar, conman, talked of owning a Mercury but never had one.
Talked about liking to work in woods.
Texas is his preferred place to live.

Haines says all the sightings, including one from the Phil Donahue show audience, were false.

Carol-Lynn

« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2007, 09:24:04 AM »
When you get your flyer done send me a copy and i will send it out to my little neck work.It is funny how it works but it dose work very very fast.

Chris

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2007, 12:30:07 AM »
OK but I won't be doing that until my drive season starts. Wonder if he did go to Texas? Maybe Mexico? Texas is kind of a hard state to hide in, but Mexico would probably be easy.

Tony Righy

« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2007, 10:13:50 PM »
Max Haines also said Howe needed immediate dental attention for painful teeth. He conned his boss into advancing him 200 dollars after the murder.
Howe had more than a 10 day head start. It took police 10 days to find the body and then they had to find out his true identity. They only found that out because he used parts of his real parents' names and other info. when he applied for a birth certificate in Sask.
I thought he might have hightailed it back to Saskatchewan but he's been portrayed as a complete loner. He'd likely have no support system. An immediate return might have proved risky. He had no idea how much of a headstart he had although he was using an assumed name. Maybe he took the risk of a long busride. Maybe not.
A good con man can make it anywhere. He may have stayed in Ontario. Maybe an Ontario dentist remembers a dark hairy guy with crooked fingers and black teeth. ???
« Last Edit: December 31, 2007, 12:53:33 AM by Tony Righy »

Chris

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2007, 01:13:50 AM »
It could also be that he is dead. Even the best con men makes mistakes, I just hope he is alive so he can get justice.

kindheart

« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2008, 11:13:51 AM »
Where is he?

A quarter century after the body of nine-year-old Sharin' Morningstar Keenan was found in th efridge of a low-rent flat, the police officer who made the grisly find wonders if he'll ever get the chance to help send her suspected killer to jail
By THANE BURNETT

In the quiet corners of in his mind, Brian Lawrie still waits. Now and then, reviewing the testimony of a very bad day, he's saved, in detail, for a quarter of a century.The former policeman struggled with the fact that he, and fellow officers, weren't in time to save a young girl. Now, so long after, he wonders whether he'll ever get the chance to give his first-hand account, which could send her suspected killer, Dennis Melvyn Howe, to prison. It's been 25 years ago today that a Toronto murder, and the manhunt to follow, captivated a nation. And like any true bogeyman, Howe -- alive or now dead -- has managed to stay out of the light ever since.The Jan. 23, 1983, abduction, and killing, of Sharin' Morningstar Keenan, is still recalled as one of the city's most notorious slayings.

Sharin', a pretty nine-year-old, was last seen playing in Toronto's Jean Sibelius Park. More than a week later, Lawrie -- once a seasoned police officer in the U.K. and then in Canada -- would pry open a fridge in Howe's former low-rent flat. A garbage bag with a shirt sticking out could be seen. "Who keeps clothes in the fridge," he wondered. Then, after another tug to free the jammed door, and Sharin's remains would spill out. Her nightmare was over. But for many, who lived hoping she'd be found alive, the torture and torment were just beginning.

Const. Lawrie's close friend and partner that day, Det. Mike Pedley -- a sensitive cop, Lawrie recalls -- would later commit suicide.
Who knows why any man chooses that as a solution, Lawrie says, when asked how much the grim discovery of Sharin' had to do with a good cop taking his own life. But Lawrie recalls the moment the weight of the discovery began to crush him -- or, at least, his future plans as a police officer. It wasn't at the moment he noticed the fridge, with its racks removed. Or even when it opened wide, and Sharin's hair tumbling out of the bag. "I said, 'Mike, she's in the fridge,' " he now recalls, having to rush up to Pedley, who was in the flat's doorway. At first, Pedley didn't hear -- or couldn't comprehend -- what he was being told.

"The last thing you imagine (during a massive search) is finding the person. But that doesn't stop you from looking at all the details." It was Pedley -- as he and Lawrie were armed with a vague composite -- who put the pieces together, to find the room where Sharin' was found. That was after investigators -- including detectives Wayne Oldham and David Boothby, who later became Toronto's chief of police -- decided to do a second sweep of homes around Sharin's residence. It would be the lead investigators who would cut through Howe's false identities, to discover his true name. For hours after their discovery of the body, tipped off by a landlady who hadn't seen one of her roomers for days, Lawrie and Pedley were pushed forward by the momentum of training and adrenaline. Even by the urgent need to find a phone, since they didn't have radios."A lot of deep breaths," he recalls.

But the next morning, as he sat eating toast and drinking coffee, Lawrie says the clash between that routine pleasure and having found a dead child hours before began a rush to question his future. The fact he would be called to an unrelated suicide the day after Sharin's discovery simply set things in concrete.He told Pedley: "I don't know if I want to do this anymore." Hardest for the pair, he recalls, was the frustration over not being there in time to save Sharin'. Pedley would often mention the day afterward. For awhile, Lawrie would have flashbacks to Sharin's hair falling down. He would think of her when he would see a little girl looking back at him from a car window.
"What would she be now ... a 34-year-old woman?" he considers. "Until you called, I didn't think it was a quarter of a century.
"I don't dwell on it as much as I did, but I do think of it ... every time I hear of a child going missing or assaulted or of a pedophile on the loose."

The search for Howe -- an early note in his police file says it would only be a short while before he was caught -- has been a frustrating marathon.He was tracked to Winnipeg, then nothing. It's led to hundreds of sightings across North America, the exhumation of a body in Sudbury -- which turned out not to be him -- and a dentist figuring he had the killer in his chair. The man had teeth which were almost as bad as Howe's. And like Howe, he was, by his bad luck, also wanted by the police. "A ghost ... that's a good way to put it," says Det. Sgt. Reg Pitts, of the Toronto police homicide squad.

He believes there's a good chance Howe couldn't have stayed out of trouble for 25 years, and that he may well be dead.
"We still get ten to 12 calls a year," Pitts says of the notorious case. "No one has ever completely forgotten it."
Legendary crime writer Max Haines -- who's retired from Sun Media, and has taken up a consulting position with the Toronto force -- says Howe's legend was born from the vision of a child in a refrigerator, and the fact he's remained out there, somewhere. Haines, for years, kept Howe's picture in his wallet. He took it out, only because he thought the exhumed body was arguably Canada's most wanted man.

"It would be a happy day to see the headline that he's been found," says Haines.
For Lawrie -- who went on to establish POINTTS, a successful traffic court representation firm -- he routinely goes over the details, preparing testimony he may never give. "I go over all the evidence ... what I would have to say," he explains.
That, he finally adds, would be a very good day. One too long in coming.

If you have information on Howe, please phone Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or Toronto Police Homicide Squad at 416-808-7400.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/News/Canada/2008/01/26/4795148-sun.html

vanringo

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2008, 11:51:24 AM »
vanrijngo

(21 of 31)
http://boards.aetv.com/thread.jspa?threadID=300006332&messageID=800006398

Re: Sharin' Morningstar Keenan

Sep 1, 2006 5:27 PM
Report Abuse

Sharin' Morningstar Keenan. Please remember that name.
I'm very sorry for your loss and how it has effected your whole family lives throughout this whole ordeal in the authorities looking for him. I'm in the hopes that this will alleviate your thoughts that this guy named Dennis M. Howe using many other aliases, who had committed this auful crime, is still amoung the living. I'm afraid I'd have to say myself, since July of 1998, he very well could be among the not breathing. I'll tell you my story and you can make up your own minds.

It all began in 1998;

Canada's Most Wanted Criminal Still?

Most are good people at heart and I thank you very much for your time in reading this true story of mine. Do you think that is it possible to see into the future? Well,.... we all know we can see into the past, and I had a good experience of this myself, where I was being a good citizen in 1998 to possibly get a bad guy off the streets if it were for sure the guy I had seen on AMW T.V. program.

They had a complete new up dated profile on AMW of him with a brand new sketch and drawing of what he would look like today if you happen to see him, and that he was last seen in Washington area just earlier and had manage to get away from them.

Well,... as far as I am concerned it kinda back fired on me a little, because I became a person in question, by authorities, Channel Six New Reporter Mary Beth Walker, FBI, Boise City Police, plus all my friends and family who thinks my story to be rather strange one and not true. This is what happens to a person who claims to have original Rembrandt's and Vincent van Gogh's in his posession.

I do know that I am the cause and reason for this mans disappearance, and for good reasons no less,... but that is besides the point. This is just an assumption of mine that more than likely this man alias Tom Ross and many other aliases became more than likely bear food in a primitive area in the tundra, most likely from a fall on his the way back to Canada from an airplane.

I can only imagine myself, him with not much time left for this world and able to think about his crimes on his way down. I'd only guess quite possibly being fully nude, falling from about 30 thousand feet or so without a parachute and with his extremities following after or before him.

This is only an assumption on my part since he was never heard of again and the fact that his profile was taken off the AMW computer file of him only a couple of day after this incident occurred. I did manage to print out a couple of copies on my copier from the computer profile before they took the file off AMW website. There is still plenty you can look-up on Google (of Canada), but none on AMW website.

I had only knew this man "Tommy Ross" for a short while, the previous week or so of working with him in the mornings to be exact, before one week-end I thought I recognized him from an artists drawing on Americas Most Wanted on a Saturday evening program. While I was at home in the evening and half-way asleep and listening to the description on AMW at 8 O'clock P.M. and opening one eye to get glimpse at this figure of their drawing, I felt immediately as if I new this man I was looking at and abruptly opened both eyes.

You will most likely not understand how I see, but I am telling you I knew it was him almost immediately, that I had recognized this latest drawing that they showed of this criminal even as the composite drawing wasn't very close to what he looked like now at the present time. In everyone else's eyes, you might say he wasn't even close for the average person to recognize him from the drawing if you were standing in front of him. The way he had changed his looks was a simple close hair-cut, but I seen through it because at our first meeting at the coffee house he had longer hair and I remembered how he had looked when first striking up a conversation with me,... it was more like the drawing or should I say a perfect resemblance. I seen this man that said to me; "I ought to kick your ass", and who called me "turkey" a little later as I will explain.

The story begins when I had met this man named Tommy Ross, and many more aliases I hear, at a coffee house just a block away from my New Discoveries Art Gallery on Main Street here in Boise, Idaho, where I was in the process of moving in some of my collection. I had just leased a basement small business location for a year to show my collection of art and was staying there on the week-days and going back to Nampa on the week-ends 17 miles away. I was setting up the gallery early in a mornings when it was still cool and the fact that I needed coffee, this is where I first met Tommy Ross outside in front of the coffee house one block up the street.

In our first meeting he represented himself to being fairly well off, and was just moving into town from another state, I believe he said Washington, Seattle area. He was real friendly right away and told me of the split up with his wife and a sale and split of there business and property in Washington and he wasn't going to get his money right away. He did represent himself as a respectable person in need of work, so as I needed a little help at that time I thought that I would take advantage of his labor service as a minimum wage earner.

He had told me and said he didn't mind helping me for a couple of days and he seemed mighty happy to find a little work, even if it were just temporary until he was able to find himself a full-time job of his liking.

After working with him for a couple of mornings, I got to know the motor mouth and his family from Canada I thought quite well. He finally leveled with me on his situation, and told me he was staying at the homeless shelter and was broke and was looking for work and a apartment to get out of the mission because he thought himself to be better than the majority of the people he had to live with there.

I had to agree with him because it was a real surprise to me, and that he looked like he had a lot more on the ball than having to stay at a homeless shelter.

He asked me if he could leave his suitcase at my art gallery for a couple of days and use the shower in the bathroom and for changing his close if I didn't mind. I told him I didn't mind.

After picking up his luggage at a bus station locker where it was stored in a locker, I let him keep it at the gallery. I said that it was fine with me for just a while until he found a job and a better place to stay and was able to get back on his feet.

We had become friends even though I was paying him for his help and was anxious for him to better his position in life and even took him around on his job interviews a couple of mornings. After getting to know him better and becoming more less friends, I brought him back with me to my home in Nampa and introduced him to my wife Nancy. My wife is Canadian and so was he, for I had heard all about his family there many times.

On one day before the weekend Thursday or Friday, we went to Fred Myers to buy some hardware for hanging pictures and I felt that he was walking on my heels, so once or twice I just stop dead so he would run into me, just for a joke. Then I also would make abrupt turns right or left because he walked watching his feet, therefore he would continue on straight until he figure out what I was doing. We just laughed about it then, but when we were back at the gallery alone, he look at me real serious, and said rather meanly; "I ought to kick your ass!" I looked him right in his eyes and said; Go for it M---. F---. He laughed and said; "You turkey" in more of a friendly manor.

He would shower and change cloths every night before heading back to the shelter for the evening which he had to be in close to 6:00 P.M. Needless to say, I wanted to be wrong of the bad vibes that I was receiving Monday morning when I met him at the art gallery where he was to work on a project for a couple of hours from 6 A.M. to 8 A.M. before I was to take him on a job interview.

While he would be working, I laid down on my cot in the back room for a couple hours of sleep as I had usually done while he was doing the odd jobs that I didn't want to do myself.

At eight o'clock he came in and woke me up to take him on his job interview. When we returned he had a bunch of papers to fill out and he threw them in the trash can as we walk in. I asked him why he didn't go ahead and fill them out,....... to work in a laundry would suffice until he found something better. He told me he needed to get his drivers license renewed in this state and it wasn't enough money for what he was expected to do. He and I left it as that.

As he opened up his suitcase he carefully pulled out a leather jacket, and he told me it was too large for him and had me try it on. It fit perfect, so I asked how much he wanted for it. He said since I was so good to him that I could have it for $30.00. I told him that I would give him $50.00 for it and pay him for the couple of hours work, but I had to go to the bank first to get the money and he was welcome to come along. It was a beautiful late June morning, so I told him that we would just walk, that it was only a few blocks away.

I was still un-aware of the type of crime and the details that he was wanted for at that time, because Of drowsing off during AMW's program and I was still not sure that I was going to call you know who. If I would have know it was for murdering a young girl I doubt very seriously if I would have been sleeping while he was in the next room.

I wanted to check a couple of things out for myself that I had heard on the A.M.W. T.V. show while partially asleep. I remembered they had said that he had walked with a definite limp that was prominent, and was last known to be in the Oregon or Washington area, I couldn't remember which, and that he stayed in boarding houses and missions and homeless shelters.

Continued:

vanringo

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2008, 11:56:42 AM »
Continued from the post below so read it first.  Thank you.

I felt that I should have a little more to go on before making a call to 1 800 CRIME TV, if you know what I mean. As we walked to the bank, I was a little more observant of how he walked and if he were to limp at all since that was to be one of this criminals characteristics. I would look in the window of the town store fronts as we walked through town an noticed that he would walk about 1/2 a step behind me looking down to make sure he wasn't limping as we walked taking short jerky steps and would look away from passer byer's and when we got to the bank I told him he could just wait outside and I would be right out.

When I came out, I paid him his money for his two hours of work and the $50.00 for the jacket and said to him, you could have came in if you wanted. He said that I asked him to wait outside or he would have. I said, yeah, I know, I just didn't want you to be caught on camera and have them think we were going to hold the place up, and he smiled. I asked him what he was going to do for the rest of the day since I didn't need him till 4:00 P. M. because of an appointment I had with my landlady. It had to do with the storage room in the back of my art gallery and I wanted her to move a bunch of her things out so I could use it. He said he was going to kill the afternoon at the library and at the park by the Boise river's green belt.

I had already pre-arrange on Friday for him to be back at 4:00 P.M. on Monday, So when I got back to the art gallery from going to the bank around 9:30 P.M. and leaving him heading towards the library and park I almost was sure that it could possibly be him. So I called 1 (800) crime TV, just as every good citizen with my sure feelings would have done. When I finally got through, it was around 10:15 A.M. or so and I had told the woman that answered the phone that I saw a composite artist drawing on AMW that could be a gentleman that I had just met here in Boise, Idaho at a coffee shop. I told her I had hired him to help me move in to my new art gallery and that he was staying at the homeless shelter community house here in Boise and was planning on being back at my gallery at percicly 4:00 PM to do another job for me.

After his hair color, height and assumed weight, I also told her about his smoking habits of one right after the other, and always talking about his family in Canada after he found out that my wife was Canadian. After saying that, she had asked the rest of her questions, and then she asked if I wanted to remain anonymous. I told her if it was not him, of course. She thank me and said that Denis Melvin Howe had committed the crime of murder and had evaded the Canadian authorities for 18 years, and was their "Most Wanted" and thanked me for helping to get this guy off the streets, that she felt sure that it was him from my description of him, and that she would get back to me soon. (which she never did)

Well, .... I am the type of person that doesn't normally like to get involve in accusations of others unless they happen to be true. I felt I had to pull up the file of AMW of Dennis Melvin Howe on my computer to read the crime that he might possibly be wanted for to see for myself what his crime was all about. This occurred after all this whole ordeal was all over with in a couple of days later. After reading the file I knew myself it was definitely him and they had pick him up at the Community center where I helped him move to earlier the previous week.

I then called the F.B.I. person Scott Nathan, whom I called once before when I left a message about possibly having some incriminating evidence that they more than likely needed to pick up from my art gallery that belong to this possible murderer Dennis Melvin Howe, alias Tommy Ross that I believed they had picked up a couple of night before. He past it off like it was not important and he might pick it up some time later. America's Most Wanted when I called them back told me that they had a line on him somewhere in the Midwest that he was still at large. The America's Most Wanted, The F.B.I., The Boise City Police Department, and the Channel Six new reporter Mary Beth Walker, the officials of community house all refused to talk to me anymore about this so-called non-happening. They would not give me a good explanation where my part time worker and supposed friend had disappeared to on Monday evening never to be seen again. He was just wearing a T shirt, pair of old Levi's and a worn out pair of tennis shoes when he headed back from the cactus bar to go to the community center that evening about 6:00 PM.

In reading his biography later after his supposed capture, it said that "You Turkey" was one of his favorite phrases. At 4:00 o'clock, when alias Mr. Tommy Ross arrived back at my gallery, I had a supposed customer out in front of my gallery. This was around the time that I told the lady at A.M.W. he was due to come in to do a job for me, and that he was never late and always on time. There was a man that had arrived 10 minutes earlier supposedly to show me and try to sell me some antique musical posters from early bands out on the front steps with them all spread out on the side walk. As I look up I seen Mr Ross walking towards us and with a little surprised look on his face I guess from myself and the customer both watching him walk up the street. I was amazed that they hadn't picked him up yet. I felt that he was very nervous as he walk by us both as we look at the posters spread out on the side walk.

He walk straight down the stairs and didn't say much at all other than, "Is the stuff down here for the job". I answer yes, I will be in when we are done here. Shortly after he arrived the guy gathered up his posters and said that he had someone else to look at them down town, and there was a couple that I wanted to buy but he said he would come back later if he didn't get what he wanted. Now I understand why they hadn't picked him up yet, because they could not identify him from the drawings or pictures that they had of him if they even had seen him walking around town and more than likely he was in the Cactus Bar having a drink.

When I went in the gallery after this guy left with the posters, he was busy putting up the picture hanging rods that I had asked him to do. I asked him if he wanted a Pepsi before I laid down to take a nap and he said no thank ,I will just finish this and see you in the morning. I said to him, before you leave be sure and wake me up. He agreed and I went to sleep for a while until he woke me up and said that he had finished the job and that he was going to shower before he went back to the community center.

He left at 5:15 just warring a pair of levy pant his tennis shoes and a light shirt and said he would see me at 8:00 o'clock in the morning on the dot. I went ahead and cleaned up to go down town for a drink myself and as I walk by the Cactus bar I just happen to look in and I seen him at the bar so I went in and sat down at the bar and ordered a glass of beer. When a seat opened next to him I moved over to be friendly and talk with him and I could still see that he was a little nervous still, possibly of that guy being in front of the gallery when he walk up.

I just started up some causal conversation with him to help ease his tension. He did make a point to asked who that guy was in front of the gallery and I told him it was just a guy trying to sell me some old music poster, the grateful dead or something like that. I told him to take them down to the "head shop" and see if they were interested and if they didn't buy them bring them back tomorrow and I will pick out a couple that I like, but normally I just buy old oil paintings. I seen the relief that had come over him and he left saying he would see me in the morning at 8:00 O'clock on the dot, and looked a lot more relaxed.

For what probably happened on his way to, or at the community center is your guess as well as mine. I do not know, but anyway, that was the last I ever saw of him and I still have his all his things in a safe keeping place if they shall ever be needed in the future for my own proof of his DNA and for the my own protection. I got screwed out of 150.000.00 dollars reward mentioned on AMW site plus other amounts tact on over the period of time that he had evaded the authorities. Another incident which happened about 3:00 P.M. that same afternoon, I was sitting in a chair in front of my art gallery as a man in his late 30's or early 40's walked by looking me over real good and as he past I said afternoon sir, and he just kept on walking towards town and towards the homeless shelters. He never bother to answer me and we both know he heard me.

First of all, I am married to a Canadian and they have there own traits about them. He was wearing shorts, socks and shoes and a heavier tee shirt that was covering up a bulge on his left side more towards the middle back. I damn sure know what a concealed weapon looks like, especially with the look that he gave me. I would be willing to bet it was the Sgt. Crawly himself, from Canada, that this alias Tommy Ross, and murder Denis Melvin Howe has been evading for Almost 18 years. I heard the murdered girls parents marrage went on the rocks and one of the investigative officers wound up committing suicide over the ordeal.

This F.B.I. person Scott Nathan whom I called once when I left a message about having some incriminating evidence that they more than likely needed to pick up from my art gallery that belong to this possible murderer Denis Melvin Howe, alias Tommy Ross consists of all his cloths and shoes and under garments and a pair of what looks like women's jogging shorts with a lot of discoloration of body waist fluids and possible blood stains for evidence to go along with the arrest. (Which by the way has never been retrieved for evidence) Now it will be for my own DNA evidence to prove that they actually pick him up. You would think in just taking him off of "America's Most Wanted", non-compliance from the FBI and from that scared little female reporter with her faint little phone call she afforded me knowing and finding out for herself what kind of a country she is living in should be proof enough they got their man.

What I believe we have here is some kind of conspiracy of a crime being committed or to be carried out at a later time, either by the F.B.I., Sgt.. Crawly of Canada, or A.M.W. or could possibly even go down as far as the city of Boise's Police Dept.... I wonder how this has effected the lady reporter with the channel 7 media finding out and knowing quite well of the circumstances after the fact, and having to remain silent herself on this matter. Before I felt there was no need to go after the rewards that were offered, because you have to be alive to collect them. Right now I don't give a damn, and if they want me they know where I am. I know in my own mind that this person I turn into 1 800 crime T.V., AMW, was in fact Dennis Melvin Howe.

This, as far as I am concerned, is definitely an act just the same as the third Reich that has supposedly passed in history, but we'll just call these Nazi tactics that are very much still alive. Where are these wonderful community, country, US and CANADIAN leaders, when such a wide conspiracy to commit an act such as this takes place.

I know there is no place I could hide where they couldn't find me or have me found after reading this fine piece of literature, so I will just hang out here in my little o'l town of Nampa, Idaho and see if they come around to silence me. More than likely they will just remain silent themselves since that is the best way of keeping it out of the media.

Kind regards
and cheers!
vanrijngo

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2008, 02:57:26 PM »
vanringo, I have just read you're post and WOW! That is pretty heavy stuff.The only part I don't get is about the airplane ride. Is that what you really think happened to this scumbag? It does seem unlikely that he would have dissapeared on his own, doesn't it? However given our record of actually punishing criminals properly in our justice system maybe he got what he deserved if your theory is correct. I remember seeing this guy on AMW myself. Now it seems like we may never know the truth.

Chris

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2008, 03:39:13 AM »
Maybe if you have something with his DNA on it, you can send it to the Toronto police to analys. If that was him, I am sure they would be very disappointed. There was not much you could do, you did what you could, for some reason the police did not concern themselves which is very sad.

vanringo

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2008, 12:30:59 PM »
vanringo, I have just read you're post and WOW! That is pretty heavy stuff.The only part I don't get is about the airplane ride. Is that what you really think happened to this scumbag? It does seem unlikely that he would have dissapeared on his own, doesn't it? However given our record of actually punishing criminals properly in our justice system maybe he got what he deserved if your theory is correct. I remember seeing this guy on AMW myself. Now it seems like we may never know the truth.

The airplane ride doesn't make sense to you? Well, just give it a little more thought,... why else would you think that he was never said to have been captured, tried in a court of law for his crimes, only to possibly be put back into an institution for the criminally insane, which I believe it was said he was let out of on supervision, before this horrendous crime happened.

Ask yourselves why the rewards could not have been paid? Ask yourselves why the FBI did not pick up the incriminating evidence which is in my possession?  Ask yourselves why, when myself asking the lady behind the desk at the Homeless shelter a couple of days after his supposed capture where my friend went. I was told by her they would only discuss this guy Tommy Ross with a family members, and if I were not, rudely ask me to please leave their building and establishment.

Ask yourselves why this News Reporter, Mary Beth Walker, who at the time worked for one of the News stations channel 7, 6, or 2, I can't remember right now without looking back,.. as a news reporter and was transfered shortly after investigating this for me, after I telling her the complete story. She afford me a call about a week later telling me she couldn't find out anything about this so-called happening anywhere, even after myself giving her the phone number of Scott, the FBI agent I myself had talked to about this incident. He told me he would stop by my gallery and pick up the things I mentioned to him that was in Tommy Ross' luggage we had picked up at the bus station of this guy they had captured. 

Also in this phone call of Mary Beth she said if I happen to come up with any additional information I could get in touch with the news station or her colleagues, since she was being transfered out of state, and her voice was sounding pretty shaky to me,... like maybe she found out a little more than what she really wanted or needed too.

As far as I'm concerned, what I myself have found to be the truths involving this story and many others which has since come to my attention, believe it or not, I put very little faith in most all governmental agencies, in most all countries, and I believe that most societies and their cliques, along with their leaders in their own communities are mostly all corrupt, one way or another.

Most readers are going to think that I'm just angry and irritated for not receiving the rewards, which by the way happened to be over $150.000.00, which was supposed to be plus all the tack on rewards over the 15 years he was at large.  It is and was very disappointing though, just as it would be to anyone else.  What has hurt me just as much is all the thing it has caused me to have a closer look at and of the disbeliefs of family and friends, because of this not coming out into the open, after telling everyone that I had a hand in capturing one of Canada's and America's Most Wanted.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2008, 02:36:01 PM »
Actually Vanringo the airplane ride makes perfect sense to me, what I was unsure of was wether I was getting you right or not. It wasn't clear to me if your intent was to say that you believed they had really thrown him from the plane.I could easily see that having happened given all the information you gave.As I said before it is not uncommon knowledge how inadequate the criminal justice is and this may have well been the surest way to justice there was.All I can say about it is good ridance to him, those responsible probably saved the tax payers a lot of money.He will be one less scumbag taking up space in the prison system as he goes thru years and  years of appeals. I don't see any reason why he should have any more rights as he has already had many years of freedom since his grisly crime while that poor little girl didn't even have a chance to grow up. How many others are there that we will never know about? 

A garden of tears: the murder of Kathryn-Mary Herbert

A casefile of events and story related to the 1975 murder of Kathryn Mary Herbert (Sutton).

Click Here