Author Topic: Trever Andrews, 26, missing since Oct 28, 2009 London Ont.  (Read 14974 times)


  • Member
  • Posts: 431
    • View Profile
Re: Trever Andrews, 26, missing since Oct 28, 2009 London Ont.
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2014, 07:46:30 AM »
So sad that the public and police don't take this as seriously as they should just because of his lifestyle. He disappeared from the same area as Donna Awcock


  • Administrator
  • Member
  • Posts: 4776
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Trever Andrews, 26, missing since Oct 28, 2009 London Ont.
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2014, 10:00:50 AM »
Below is an older article, written a month after Trever went missing. It is a fairly long read and gives a bit more detail about who Trever was. 

Man missing for a month

Saturday, November 28, 2009 8:00:00 EST AM   

Midnight approaching, Trever Andrews left Christine Acker's house to catch the bus that would take him home.

Acker, a new mom in need of rest, hurried him out and watched as he headed down her driveway.

I rushed him out the door," Acker says, thinking back to that day, Oct. 28.

Now I just sit here wondering, what could have happened?"

Andrews disappeared. No one seems to have noticed him leave.

Outside of his family and friends, no one seems to have noticed he's gone.

Police did not issue a missing persons notice until 13 days after he disappeared.

Media outlets have given the story passing notice.

November's cold rain has disintegrated the handmade missing posters friends put on telephone poles and at bus stops.

A search for clues two weeks ago drew 40 volunteers. Last week it drew four.

Trever Andrews, 26, is the missing man London doesn't seem to miss.

You can bet if he was a 26-year-old Western grad with a job and a nice address, the police, the public and the media would have paid more attention, his family and friends say.

He has been stereotyped," says his sister, Kelly Andrews.

Trevor Andrews comes from the harder edges of the city's northeast end. It's a world of single moms and dads living somewhere else, and custody disputes, where everyone knows someone from high school still dealing. Andrews grew up a lazy student, but a friendly, happy-go-lucky kid.

When we were younger, there were always friends of his everywhere," his sister remembers. He was always with friends."

Acker met him in high school.

He's the same guy he always was, outgoing, friendly, talkative. We would go do kid stuff and I'll just leave it at that," she says, laughing.

Andrews didn't finish high school and at some point, started experimenting with drugs.

Nothing stuck for Trever Andrews. He had a baby with a woman but the relationship fell apart. He earned a rap sheet from that ending, and breaches of court orders.

But Andrews wasn't a drug-addicted street person, family and friends say.

He still saw his son regularly at his mother's or sister's place, and was hoping to hire a lawyer to get more access. He was getting counselling.

He was always really good with babies and children," Acker says. Even in high school, he loved to show off his nephew. He loved to come over and play with my baby, just hang out and watch movies with me."

Acker and Andrews lost track of each other after high school. About a year ago, they reconnected.

Acker was pregnant, just out of a bad relationship and living with her mother.

He was there for me. I would say I am tired and he would rub my belly and cook for me and watch movies with me."

They talked every night on the phone, partly because Andrews was always up late.

He was just one of those guys who makes you laugh."

Andrews had rushed over to Acker's home, by bus, the night of Wednesday, Oct. 28, to have a quick beer and grab the rest of a six pack she'd bought a few days earlier for him. The next day and the day after that, Acker called her friend.

Andrews shares an apartment with his father Rick, but had an appointment to get his own place that Friday, Oct. 30. He spoke of going back to school once he settled in.

He was so excited, he talked about it every day for months," Acker says.

Meanwhile, Rick Andrews came back from a few days away to find the apartment empty.

Two bags of food he had left for his son were untouched. His son's backpack was hanging on the door.

He never went anywhere for long without it. That was my first clue something was wrong."

Rick Andrews manages his son's money for him, and knew Trever had no cash on him.

Family and friends began scouring woodlots and streets, launched a poster campaign and set up a Facebook page. Rick Andrews harangued the London Transit Commission to find out if a bus driver remembered picking up his son. He confronted police and pestered the media.

Everyone says he's an adult. That's not the point. I don't care if he's 50, he's still my kid. I'm going to worry."

The first media story ran in The London Free Press Nov. 5. At that time, police said there was no reason to issue a missing persons alert because there was no foul play suspected and no medical conditions that warranted concern.

The family, not police, provided a description to the newspaper of Andrews.

On Nov. 10, Andrews missed an appointment with his probation officer. The probation officer got a bench warrant issued for Andrews' arrest.

Only then did London police issue a missing persons alert. For this story, London police were asked a series of questions about the investigation and the delay in producing a missing persons alert.

Spokesperson Const. Amy Phillipo e-mailed the following response.

We are considering a number of possible scenarios and foul play cannot be ruled out. It cannot be positively confirmed as to whether he (Andrews) got on the bus or not," Phillipo wrote.

The missing person was not reported to police until several days after his disappearance. The investigation commenced and the information was released to the public at the time that it was based on information known at that time. Police do not routinely release photos of missing persons. Each case is judged on its own merit."

Andrews's family and friends do not want to get into a battle with police, but they are disappointed.

Police are taking it seriously now," Kelly Andrews says. Unfortunately, it feels like it took a long time for police to get there."

Kelly Andrews is a counsellor to troubled youth. She knows her brother some-times made mistakes.

But he never strayed so far he wasn't loved or gave love back, she says. He called his family and friends every day, no matter what was up or what he was doing.

This is what I want people to know. He is a son, he is a brother, he is a father, he is an uncle, a grandson, a nephew."

Family and friends are organizing another search today. His family approaches each search with a sense of foreboding.

I want to be out there gung ho doing these searches, then the other part of me wonders what I would do if I found him," Kelly says.

His mother knows she might stumble across his body. She braces herself with an even grimmer thought when she sets out.

It's harder to think he's out there. The snow's going to come, and we're never going to find him."