Author Topic: Trever Andrews, 26, missing since Oct 28, 2009 London Ont.  (Read 14577 times)

Edsonmom

• View Profile
Trever Andrews, 26, missing since Oct 28, 2009 London Ont.
« on: October 15, 2010, 12:55:18 PM »
I just came across this case.. First time hearing about it.. I will search for more info, and see if I can find a pic or discription of him..

Missing Ontario man mystery deepens

By RANDY RICHMOND, QMI Agency
LONDON, Ont. - The end of a lost year looming, Kelly Andrews approached her mother with the idea of a memorial service for her brother.

No way, her mother Debbie Harding answered.

"I just can't do that," Harding says. "I am determined I am going to bring him home. I know we will find him."

But exactly what, Andrews wonders aloud, will they find after a year? "I don't know so much we are even looking for a body anymore, and that runs through my head," she says.

"I don't know that I am prepared for that to be my last vision of him," Andrews says.

Since Trever Andrews, 26, mysteriously disappeared Oct. 28, 2009 from a northeast London neighbourhood, family and friends have grappled with questions that grow more agonizing each month. 

In an world of surveillance videos and the constant chatter of social media and cellphones, how could a man vanish without anyone knowing or saying anything?

How much longer should they search? What will they find at the search's end?

"It is draining, It is taking a huge toll on everyone," Andrews says. "We put our year on hold. It is not that we want to give up. But for our own sanity we have to start rebuilding our own lives."

Still, they can't give up.

Only a week ago, prompted by rumours, the family arranged to have two volunteer divers check three ponds near Fanshawe Lake for Trever's body.

"It was a long day. I was on pins and needles," Andrews says. "Nothing was found."

Harding lasted all of 45 minutes. When the first diver surfaced, she left, unable to stand the thought of the diver finding nothing, or something.

The family took the search for Trever into their own hands from the start.

He was last seen leaving a friend's house late at night, headed for a bus home to the apartment he shared with his father.

Struggling with drugs, Trever sometimes left home for days to party with friends. But he called friends and family each day -- so often, he was considered a bit of a pest.

There were no calls this time. His bank account showed no activity. He missed a long-sought appointment for his own apartment.

Despite pleas of family, police did not issue a missing persons report until Nov. 10, when Trever missed an appointment with a probation officer.

"Obviously, something has happened to him," Andrews says. "They can't trace him going anywhere. It is like he stepped off the face of the Earth."

Police still check out tips, but say little to the family about any progress in the mystery, Andrews says.

The family has raised $10,000 for a reward for information about Trever's whereabouts.

"We are not asking people to tell us who did it and why. We just want to know where he is," Andrews says.

Until they find out, family and friends keep monitoring Facebook for clues, keep traipsing through woods and fields, keep playing detective and keep asking questions.

Andrews wonders what will happen, how the family will cope if they are told Trever's body is found.

"I don't know what that would be like the day he came . . . ," she says, pausing for a moment.

"We are constantly, constantly working to get this solved. What are we going to do when we do?"
http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2010/10/15/15699291.html

Edsonmom

• View Profile
Re: Trever Andrews, 26, missing since Oct 28, 2009 London Ont.
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2010, 01:15:07 PM »
Trever Andrews is described as a white male, about 5'10", 180 pounds, with sandy blond hair in a brush cut. He has a birthmark that makes the left side of his face appear redder than the other.

Here is one of the first articals about this case..Take note, on how long, it took the police, to issue a missing persons report... The family had pushed for one to be done, but the Police only issued it, after he missed an appointment, with his PO..

Family growing fearful with each passing day
MYSTERIOUS DISAPPEARANCE

By RANDY RICHMOND, THE LONDON FREE PRESS

Last Updated: November 30, 2009 1:26pm
Midnight approaching, Trever Andrews left Christine Acker's house to catch the Oakville Ave. bus that would take him home.

Acker, a new mom in need of rest, hurried him out and watched as he headed down her driveway.

"I rushed him out the door," Acker says, thinking back to that day, Oct. 28. "Now I just sit here wondering, what could have happened?"

Andrews disappeared. Outside of his family and friends, no one seems to have noticed he's gone.

Police did not issue a missing persons notice until 13 days after he disappeared.

Media outlets have given the story passing notice.

November's cold rain has disintegrated the handmade missing posters friends put on telephone poles and at bus stops.

A search for clues two weeks ago drew 40 volunteers. Last week it drew four.

Trever Andrews, 26, is the missing man London doesn't seem to miss.

You can bet if he was a 26-year-old Western grad with a job and a nice address, the police, the public and the media would have paid more attention, his family and friends say.

"He has been stereotyped," says his sister, Kelly Andrews.

Trever Andrews comes from the harder edges of the city's northeast end. It's a world of single moms and dads living somewhere else and custody disputes, where everyone knows someone from high school still dealing. Andrews grew up a lazy student, but a friendly, happy-go-lucky kid.

Acker met him in high school.

"He's the same guy he always was, outgoing, friendly, talkative. We would go do kid stuff and I'll just leave it at that," she says, laughing.

Andrews didn't finish high school and at some point, started experimenting with drugs.

"He just got carried away into the stream of things," Acker says. "It is the neighbourhood."

Nothing stuck for Trever Andrews. He had a baby with a woman but the relationship fell apart. He earned a rap sheet from that ending, and breaches of court orders.

But Andrews wasn't a drug-addicted street person, family and friends say.

He still saw his son regularly at his mother's or sister's place, and was hoping to hire a lawyer to get more access. He was getting counselling.

"He was always really good with babies and children," Acker says. "Even in high school, he loved to show off his nephew. He loved to come over and play with my baby, just hang out, watch movies."

Acker and Andrews lost track of each other after high school. About a year ago, they reconnected.

Acker was pregnant, just out of a bad relationship and living with her mother.

"He was there for me. I would say I am tired and he would rub my belly and cook for me and watch movies with me."

They talked every night on the phone, partly because Andrews was always up late. "He was just one of those guys who makes you laugh."

Andrews had rushed over to Acker's home, by bus, the night of Wednesday, Oct. 28, to have a quick beer and grab the rest of a six pack she'd bought a few days earlier for him.

The next day and the day after that, Acker called her friend.

Andrews shares an apartment with his father Rick, but had an appointment to get his own place that Friday, Oct. 30. He spoke of going back to school once he settled in.

"He was so excited, he talked about it every day for months," Acker says.

Meanwhile, Rick Andrews came back from a few days away to find the apartment empty.

His son's backpack was hanging on the door.

"He never went anywhere for long without it. That was my first clue something was wrong."

Rick Andrews manages his son's money for him, and knew Trever had no cash on him.

Family and friends began scouring woodlots and streets, launched a poster campaign and set up a Facebook page. Rick Andrews harangued the London Transit Commission to find out if a bus driver remembered picking up his son. He confronted police and pestered the media.

"I don't care if he's 50, he's still my kid. I'm going to worry."

The first media story ran in The Free Press Nov. 5. At that time, police said there was no reason to issue a missing persons alert because there was no foul play suspected and no medical conditions that warranted concern.

On Nov. 10, Andrews missed an appointment with his probation officer. The probation officer got a bench warrant issued for Andrews's arrest.

Only then did London police issue a missing persons alert. For this story, London police were asked questions about the investigation and the delay in producing a missing persons alert.

Spokesperson Const. Amy Phillipo e-mailed the following response.

"We are considering a number of possible scenarios and foul play cannot be ruled out. It cannot be positively confirmed as to whether he (Andrews) got on the bus or not," Phillipo wrote.

"The missing person was not reported to police until several days after his disappearance. . . Police do not routinely release photos of missing persons. Each case is judged on its own merit."

Andrews's family and friends do not want to get into a battle with police, but they are disappointed.

"Police are taking it seriously now," Kelly Andrews says. "Unfortunately, it feels like it took a long time for police to get there."

Kelly Andrews is a counsellor to troubled youth. She knows her brother sometimes made mistakes.

But he never strayed so far he wasn't loved or gave love back, she says. He called his family and friends every day, no matter what was up.

"This is what I want people to know. He is a son, he is a brother, he is a father, he is an uncle, a grandson, a nephew."

Family and friends have organized another search today. They approach it with a sense of foreboding.

His mother knows she might stumble across his body. She braces herself with an even grimmer thought when she sets out.

"It's harder to think he's out there. The snow's going to come, and we're never going to find him."

--- --- ---

SEARCH CONTINUES TODAY

Family and friends are organizing another search for Trever Andrews, set to start at noon today at the Talize store parking lot at Huron St. and Highbury Ave.
http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/2009/11/27/11956406.html#/news/london/2009/11/28/pf-11960821.html

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2011, 07:58:11 AM »
Saturday, March 26, 2011
News London
Man missing since 2009http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/2011/03/25/17759001.html

goNgo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 08:59:41 PM »
Thanks for posting this, Concerned.

My heart breaks for Trevor's family and friends.  To just disappear.....without a trace.  :(

art-hu

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 08:57:28 PM »
Could Trevor somehow be connected to another missing person, Patricia Bordato who went missing in mid Aug. 2009.
Both seemed to dissappear off the street.
Someone offering a ride.???

art-hu

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2011, 08:03:46 PM »
Trevor has been missing for over 2 yrs. now. I wonder if anyone has heard anything.? any new leads.?
What happened to Trevor Andrews.?

TrevsFriend

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2011, 10:20:48 AM »
There has not been any developments in this case unfortunately. The police have been very mum on this whole situation, even towards his family. There have been no answers offered, but we still are hopeful that some answers can be brought forth, and some closure given to his loved ones. I would like to thank Randy Richmond from the London Free Press for being compassionate to Trever's family, and being a catalyst in bringing this story to light. For that we are truly grateful. Thank you all for the kind words and concern.
Sincerely,
Chad M.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 10:27:48 AM by TrevsFriend »

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2011, 11:07:10 AM »
Thank you friend for the pics and up date.  Are the police still actively working on Tevers case.  The family and friends need to keep pushing or it just sits on the back burner persay.  Praying that he is found for the all his loved ones.

art-hu

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2011, 12:12:21 PM »
Thanks for the info TrevsFriend.  Just wondering, did he live near the search area at Huron st. and Highbury Ave.??Was this his approximate destination.?
TrevsFriend,... would he have accepted a ride from someone.?

chickapey

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2011, 10:43:56 AM »
Have the police looked into anyone who would have left London soon after Trever disappeared? Someone has to know something.

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2012, 04:44:19 PM »
Here is the London Police Service post:

Missing Person, Trever John Andrews

Missing Person Trever John Andrews, DOB 1983-Aug-08

Trever Andrews was reported missing to police by family members on November 1st 2009. Police believe that he was last seen on October 28, 2009 at approximately 11:30 pm in the area of Oakville Avenue at Tilipe Road in London, Ontario. Police have conducted a search of the area where Trever was last seen, as well as a neighborhood canvass, but believe that there are still witnesses with information to offer in relation to the investigation.

Trever Andrews is described as a Caucasian male, with short light brown hair and green eyes. He is 5-10' to 6'00" and approximately 170 pounds and has a birth mark on his left cheek. When he was last seen he was possibly in possession of a yellow "No Frills" shopping bag with several bottles of beer in it. Trever was wearing a white hooded sweatshirt, white Reebok running shoes with black trim.

Anyone with any information in relation to the disappearance of Trever Andrews is asked to call the London Police at 519-661-5670 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS.

http://www.police.london.ca/d.aspx?s=/Newsroom/Andrews_Details.htm

art-hu

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2012, 05:26:44 PM »
It's been over 3 yrs  now.  Lets not forget Trevor.  No updates.? Just wondering.

Kasey

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2012, 10:54:30 PM »
Thank you for thinking of him.
Trever was a very dear friend. Still no progress here. :(

art-hu

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2012, 07:23:17 PM »
Trevor looks like the kinda guy with a heart of gold. Thanks Kasey for posting the pic.  Keep him close to your heart.

Sunshine31

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2014, 06:20:55 AM »
Disappearance of Londoner Trever Andrews remains unsolved 0     
 By Randy Richmond, The London Free Press

http://www.lfpress.com/2014/10/27/disappearance-of-londoner-trever-andrews-remains-unsolved