Poll

any information can help

call Crime stoppers
1 (100%)
Thunder Bay Police
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: Stephen Banning_20 years of silence_Thunder Bay ON  (Read 8458 times)

break the silence

• break_the_silence
    • View Profile
Stephen Banning_20 years of silence_Thunder Bay ON
« on: October 12, 2010, 12:47:16 AM »
I have been blogging for a couple of months now to find information about a young man name Stephen Banning from Thunder Bay Ontario. Approx. 20 yrs ago he left our world and my grandmother has been question about it ever since. They pronounced him drowned but my grandmother feels different.

For the last 20 years my grandmother has told me that she refuses to except the death of her grandson Stephen Banning because in her heart she knows someone hurt him. In July 20 years ago when I found my grandma crying in the bathroom to the day we visited Stephen's grave site this year in July and yet again her first words out of her mouth were, I will not except my grandson's death, I know in my heart someone hurt him.

I need information for her. She will not rest until we find the truth. She's a good woman and deserves it. Please call Crimestoppers in you can not go to the police. If you are hurting like my family is hurting, PLEASE PASS ON. God Bless

Sleuth

Re: Stephen Banning_20 years of silence_Thunder Bay ON
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 08:42:07 AM »
Hi Break The Silence, and welcome!  :) Do you have any other information about Stephen Banning? A date, time, place, who he was with, if anyone, age? Thanks.

break the silence

• break_the_silence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2010, 06:36:44 PM »
Last seen in May/June 1990 in Thunder Bay On in the Westfort Area.  Approx. 6 feet tall, slim build, dark curly hair and part aboriginal decent.  He went missing on his birthday and was found in the river by that runs through Thunder Bay near the westfort area.  He came home to Thunder Bay from I believe Fort Francis On for his Birthday and was found by a man and his dog approx. 1 to 1 1/2 month later.

He was born and raised in Thunder Bay On, he has 1 older brother he never had a chance to meet and was raised with his 3 other siblings. 2 brothers and a sister. 

My grandmother does not believe he was intoxicated and drowned and I believe her and believe in her. 

I want someone to have me pull on their heart strings and tell us the truth.  I am fully aware this is going to bring much hurt but if something did happen to Stephen, someone knows and someone needs to speak out.

Even if it is a post, email, crimestoppers, just let me know so I can relieve some of the grandmother pain.

break the silence

• break_the_silence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2010, 06:40:10 PM »
Stephen Banning was approx. 24 yrs of age and was only starting to live

break the silence

• break_the_silence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2010, 06:46:36 PM »
I have been blogging for a couple of months now to find information about a young man name Stephen Banning from Thunder Bay Ontario. Approx. 20 yrs ago he left our world and my grandmother has been question about it ever since. They pronounced him drowned but my grandmother feels different.

For the last 20 years my grandmother has told me that she refuses to except the death of her grandson Stephen Banning because in her heart she knows someone hurt him. In July 20 years ago when I found my grandma crying in the bathroom to the day we visited Stephen's grave site this year in July and yet again her first words out of her mouth were, I will not except my grandson's death, I know in my heart someone hurt him.

I need information for her. She will not rest until we find the truth. She's a good woman and deserves it. Please call Crimestoppers in you can not go to the police. If you are hurting like my family is hurting, PLEASE PASS ON. God Bless

Blog me it does not matter, anything that I can bring my grandmother....thank you

Stephen Banning was approx. 20-24 years of age, approx 6 feet tall, dark wavy hair, slim build.  I believe he was working in Fort Frances ON and came to Thunder Bay ON(home town) for his birthday and I believe went missing or died this night.  Last seen in the west fort Area close to where my aunt lived where he was staying.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 06:48:20 PM by break the silence »

break the silence

• break_the_silence
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2010, 10:40:39 PM »
Last seen in May/June 1990 in Thunder Bay On in the Westfort Area.  Approx. 6 feet tall, slim build, dark curly hair and part aboriginal decent.  He went missing on his birthday and was found in the river by that runs through Thunder Bay near the westfort area.  He came home to Thunder Bay from I believe Fort Francis On for his Birthday and was found by a man and his dog approx. 1 to 1 1/2 month later.

He was born and raised in Thunder Bay On, he has 1 older brother he never had a chance to meet and was raised with his 3 other siblings. 2 brothers and a sister.

My grandmother does not believe he was intoxicated and drowned and I believe her and believe in her.

I want someone to have me pull on their heart strings and tell us the truth.  I am fully aware this is going to bring much hurt but if something did happen to Stephen, someone knows and someone needs to speak out.

Even if it is a post, email, crimestoppers, just let me know so I can relieve some of the grandmother pain.

break the silence

• break_the_silence
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2010, 10:42:01 PM »

break the silence

• break_the_silence
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2010, 10:43:34 PM »

Buble

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2011, 11:24:27 AM »
btl,

I don't know all the details of Stephen's death but I feel that I should tell you upfront that the drowning deaths of young men is a prevalent and troubling phenomenon. It happens nation-wide in the US, so often that some people think there has to be a conspiracy of murder. There is certainly something going on here but I don't think it's foul play by human hands in every case.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smiley_face_murder_theory

truth420

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2011, 09:41:14 AM »
this year another kid went missing and was found in the river in westfort. his name was Jordan Wabasse. He had drowned. they do not suspect foul play but it doesnt add up.

"He is one of seven native teens to die while living in Thunder Bay to go to high school. The students have no choice but to leave their isolated reserves in northern Ontario if they want to further their education.

Nearly all the students have drowned in the waterways leading to Lake Superior. The first to die was Jethro Anderson in 2000."

part of an article i found online.

very interesting this kids come here and end up dead by drowning?
and now i found this about stephen banning same situation.
maybe ur grandmother is right and someone did hurt him and hurt all these kids.

truth420

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2011, 09:52:43 AM »
Missing or native teens
By Tanya Talaga | Sun May 08 2011

Recommend (0)

JETHRO ANDERSON, 15

The teen from the Kasabonika Lake First Nation, 400 km north of Sioux Lookout, drowned in the McIntyre River on Nov. 11, 2000.

PAUL PANACHEESE

Came from the Mishkeegogamang First Nation, 350 km northwest of Thunder Bay. Died Nov. 11, 2006; published reports say his death was drug-related.

CURRAN STRANG, 18

Died Sept., 22, 2005, his body was found four days later in the McIntyre floodway. Strang was from Pikangikum First Nation.

ROBYN HARPER

Keewaywin First Nation girl asphyxiated on Jan., 13, 2007. Keewaywin is 300 km northwest of Sioux Lookout.

REGGIE BUSHIE, 15

The Grade 9 student was found in the McIntyre River seven days after he was last seen alive on the river bank. Bushie was from Poplar Hill First Nation, 120 km north of Red Lake. His body was found Nov. 1, 2007.

KYLE MORRISSEAU, 17

Grandson of the famous native artist Norval Morrisseau and member of Keewaywin First Nation. His body was found in the McIntyre on Nov. 10, 2009.

JORDAN WABASSE, 15

Missing. Last seen Feb. 7, 2011 at 10:30 p.m. getting off a Thunder Bay transit bus on Mary Street.