Author Topic: TAMRA JEWEL KEEPNESS - Missing From Regina 2004  (Read 46880 times)

raisinpie

• View Profile
Re: New tool for search for Tamra Keepness
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2008, 05:21:49 PM »
Hello Chris,  yes, the police may well know who in Tamra's case... The rumors appear to be accurate with the Amber Redman case in that a month after her disappearance, there was the talk.. it did take 4 yrs for the RCMP to be able to make the arrests though... so they don't tell us everything they know! We just gotta keep praying that she is found....  :)

Adrian

• RIP Adrian (1953 - 2009)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2008, 05:55:28 PM »
We need new technology in keeping records, of our missing children, and adults. I am happy that Saskatchewan is continuuing to keep Tamra, in the news.I still hope that Tamra is found, and her abductor is caught.

Thanks, raisinpie, for the link, and what is happening. Tamra Keepness is often on my mind, especially when I hear of crimes against children. :'(

New technology to be used in search for Tamra Keepness

Kerry Benjoe
Leader-Post

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

An undated photo of Tamra Keepness. This July marks four years since the little girl went missing from her Regina home.
CREDIT: Leader-Post file photo
An undated photo of Tamra Keepness. This July marks four years since the little girl went missing from her Regina home.

REGINA -- The Federation of Saskatchewan Indian Nations (FSIN) is applauding the efforts of the Regina Police Service (RPS) in keeping the disappearance of Tamra Jewel Keepness in the public eye.

"A lot of people's hearts and minds are on this child and I think just the announcement of the database and the technology to increase the on-the-ground experience this police service has I think is welcome news," FSIN Vice-Chief Guy Lonechild said Thursday when the RPS announced the creation of a new database containing information about the case.

July 6 will mark the four-year anniversary of the disappearance of the then five-year-old Keepness, who was reported missing from her home on the 1800 block of Ottawa Street. A massive search ensued both in and out of the city but she was never found. The case has remained open.

A week after her disappearance the ground search was halted and the FSIN launched its own search. However that search also netted no results.

Lonechild was at the announcement of the new RPS database and said after four years any news or discussion is appreciated. He said since the disappearance, the FSIN's Women's Secretariat has been working to raise awareness of missing women and children.

"It's important because we keep missing people in Saskatchewan. It's unacceptable when it's children," said Lonechild.

He was equally thankful that the police will continue to advertise the $25,000 reward to encourage anyone with information to come forward.

"Today we just want to make sure the police commission and others will look at reinvigorating public efforts in terms of raising awareness that Tamra Keepness is still missing," said Lonechild. 

Chief of Police Troy Hagen said the RPS is forming a seven-person investigative team that will correlate and sift through the investigative file pertaining to Keepness. That information will be reformatted and entered into a database, making the large file far more accessible, explained Hagen.

"It will assist investigators in the future and throughout this process actually on extracting relevant information pertaining to the files we received in tips," said Hagen. "We will also be in a better position to evaluate any opportunities for further investigative methods that we might want to embark upon and look for any gaps we may have in relation to the file as well."

He explained that the RPS has had the technology for the past two years but as with anything new it took some time to learn the system. Due to the sheer volume of the Keepness file it was necessary to have the information added to the database.

"One of the challenges any police service always faces when they're faced with a very significant investigations is record management," said Hagen.

He anticipates the data entry will begin sometime in August and said it will likely take about four months to complete.

"Once the work is completed we're going to be in a far better position to service," said Hagen.

He said there will be some associated costs for the work but it's neither significant nor relevant.

"We want this matter resolved. We want to find out who is responsible for the disappearance of Tamra Keepness," said Hagen. "It's not a matter of dollars."

City Coun. Mark Fougere said the Keepness case is a priority for the FSIN, the police and the city.

"We're hoping this (database) will get us over the top and we'll have a solution," said Fougere. "I applaud (Hagen) for bringing this forward. It's a new way of looking at the issue. We're using all the resources and all the tools that we can to bring a resolution to the file. So we're very pleased."

kbenjoe@leaderpost.canwest.com

? Leader-Post 2008

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2008, 05:36:13 PM »
The Federation of Saskatchewan Indian Nations (FSIN) is applauding the efforts of the Regina Police Service (RPS) in keeping the disappearance of Tamra Jewel Keepness in the public eye.

That is true. From the beginning it seemed the media just wanted this case to go away, but those police kept putting back in the front pages. Even made national news. Good job Regina police! This case will be solved.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
Re: TAMRA JEWEL KEEPNESS - Missing From Regina 2004
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2008, 04:29:04 PM »
Every time I hear a story like this I wish every town had a police force that cared this much. I guess in some cases it isn't a matter of caring but maybe manpower and money. I applaud them too, for relentlessly trying to make sure that this beautiful little girl is found. Isn't it odd that it was the media that wanted this to go away. I wonder why? I thought it was often the other way around.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2008, 04:32:07 PM »
I wonder why? I thought it was often the other way around

Probably becasue it was on an urban indian reservation. I heard of this term called 'White Woman Syndrome' on an american TV station recently. It said that if the victim fits a certain profile, the media will give that almost ALL media coverage even though the demographic is very small. I think wikipedia defines the term on there site.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2008, 04:50:56 PM »
Thanks Chris, that makes sense. I just don't think that way so it never crossed my mind. Like has been mentioned before, it seems that what gets done is relevent to how important the victim is deemed to be by society. I'm happy to see that the police don't treat this as less than if it was a white child, and not on an indian reservation.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2008, 05:15:49 PM »
I agree with you. It is wonderful what the police did with this case.

naproxen

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2008, 02:10:16 PM »
I wonder why? I thought it was often the other way around

Probably becasue it was on an urban indian reservation. I heard of this term called 'White Woman Syndrome' on an american TV station recently. It said that if the victim fits a certain profile, the media will give that almost ALL media coverage even though the demographic is very small. I think wikipedia defines the term on there site.

who ever told you that this child went missing from an urban reserve - we have no urban reserves in regina (except for 2 retail gas outlets - NO RESIDENTIAL) -- this child went missing from the core area (inner city) of the city -- i've heard many speculations for tamra's disappearance ranging from: she was a payment for drugs, slave ring, a male from their party house raped and/or murdered her, etc -- there are just too many possibilities when a parent has no true regard for the child(ren)  -- there are too many discrepancies in what people who were 'there' have to say

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2008, 08:54:37 AM »
who ever told you that this child went missing from an urban reserve

No one, I just assumed. Sorry I was wrong on that.

Adrian

• RIP Adrian (1953 - 2009)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2008, 07:36:39 AM »

I hope, that Tamara is in the arms of the Creator. If she is alive, I wish, she is with people who care, and will protect her. I would hate to think she was sold, or raped and discarded, or ran off, scared with the fighting that night. A predator could have easily picked her up.

I hope the perpetrator of this crime, is caught, if she was taken, and look for Justice. Someone must of known what happened that night!!! Was there any pedophiles there, or anyone with a history of baby raping, skinners? Please open up, to allow Justice for Tamra Keepness!

mauvelilac

« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2009, 03:46:19 PM »
http://www.briansprediction.com/MISSING/publicr/615.htm

I don't agree with Brian. I believe she's near Indian Head, Saskatchewan and she is deceased. The person who took her wanted to take her twin as well but the other child was very loud and he didn't want anyone to be alerted. This person was known to family members and had expressed an affection to both children.
However, I do hope Brian is right and I am wrong.

aunty jay

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2009, 11:03:41 AM »
Maurvel. Can you tell me where Brian's information comes from?  I am interested in this as Courtney went missing so soon after so I am interested in information about people in the area at the time.

mauvelilac

« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2009, 11:26:51 AM »
Brian is a remote viewer. He literally sleeps on the request. He dreams like on the show the "Medium". I dream too but only about certain cases. Sometimes he gets a lot of information, sometimes just a bit.

aunty jay

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2009, 01:34:41 PM »
Brian is a remote viewer. He literally sleeps on the request. He dreams like on the show the "Medium". I dream too but only about certain cases. Sometimes he gets a lot of information, sometimes just a bit.
So he could be someone who could help us with Courtney.  Is he usually correct?

mauvelilac

« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2009, 03:05:18 PM »
He has a good record. I don't agree with him on Cedrika, Tamra and there was one other case but I keep an open mind. I can be wrong too. He's worth a shot Aunty. When you have a missing child anything is worth a shot. But a warning, he took a year to do Cedrika's and it would have been longer but I asked for a special favour. So be prepared to wait.