Author Topic: Lillian Rozon-Blondin 90 and Jim Dunne 86 | Gatineau | September 29, 2010  (Read 10409 times)

Concerned

• View Profile
It appears, the body of Lillian Blondin, may have been found near where the missing car (1008 4-door, dark-grey Mazda3 BDXE 536) was found. They are looking for Mr. Dunne in vacinity of the discovery (near Calabogie).  They had visited the doctors office, stopped at a bank machine and possibly gone to get something to eat.  Robbery for ATM money? Where is Mr. Dunne?

My prayers and condolences to the family and friends of this couple. 

This is a very long and informative article. Interesting quotes:

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/links+missing+Gatineau+couple+scene+body/3616009/story.html
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 01:58:26 PM by Concerned »

Sleuth

I'm not certain if a thread has been made in regards to James Dunne, and Lillian Rozon-Blondin. If so could a moderator please merge the threads. Thanks.

By CBC News, cbc.ca, Updated: October 3, 2010 12:03 PM
Missing elderly couple's car found near body

Ontario Provincial Police have found the body of a woman not far from a car belonging to a missing elderly couple from Gatineau, Que.

An ATV operator found the body on a trail near Calabogie, Ont., about 12 kilometres south of Renfrew, at about 11:45 a.m. Saturday, Lanark County OPP said in news release Sunday morning.

The ATV rider told the OPP, who then examined the body and determined it was a woman's. They have yet to confirm her identity and are waiting for an autopsy.

After the body was discovered, police found a grey four-door 2008 Mazda3 compact car nearby. The car belonged to James Dunne, 86, and Lillian Rozon-Blondin, 90, both of whom were last seen at Ottawa's Westgate Mall on Carling Avenue at about 2 p.m. Wednesday.

Worried family and friends have posted pictures of the couple on a number of websites, including Facebook, in effort to help find them. Family members said the couple would not have gone anywhere without communicating their plans.
http://news.ca.msn.com/top-stories/cbc-article.aspx?cp-documentid=25811430

Woodland

• View Profile
My condolences to the family of Lillian Blondin and best hopes for Mr Dunne.

The Ottawa police 'ordered' the family of this missing elderly couple not to speak to anyone regarding their whereabouts?

A public plea through the media to help find them was out of the question?  Since when can the police 'order' people not to try to find a missing loved one publicly?  Why would the police want to do this?

What would have happened if the family did speak out in a desperate bid to find them - charges of some kind?  What will happen now that they are speaking about the circumstances?

D1

What in the H is up with that? Seniors are going missing all over the country, there are multiple threads showing up on here as of late, everyone is looking for answers and we get this! Shut up about it!!

Concerned

• View Profile
I'm wondering if something, perhaps, was off with Mr. Dunne. They say he got the appointment mixed up. He left the house without Lillian. And he is still missing. Then the police don't want the family to comment on their relationship or home life. (Perhaps until they find Mr. Dunne they felt the opinions of the family should remain quieted?)  Three possible scenarios come to mind.

The first is the one in the United States where the family was abducted in their home, the mother sent to the bank while the families remain home. She took out money, followed orders and the family was still killed. The father did survive.  With all these attacks on seniors you wonder if someone hadn't known they went to the ATM and perhaps followed them home.

The second is to know whether the health of both was good. Sometimes seniors facing illnesses, unfortunately, have a pact. I don't think this is the case, as why would the car and the bodies be found in the woods, and not beautifully together at home.

Which leads to a third scenario of the gentleman being ill.

I hope none of these are true. And, yet, we know something went terribly wrong.  Finding Mr. Dunne will provide more details. Do we know how long they have been together?

Woodland

• View Profile
I'm wondering if Lillian was already in the vehicle when the neighbor looked out and saw Mr Dunne getting in the car.  Otherwise someone else had to have brought her to the site where she and the car were recovered.

How would the police know something was not right when they were reported missing much later in the day, after the family had arrived first to find no one home?  How does one describe or make sense of the 'order' from LE to the family not to speak?

Just not quite right from any angle.  What could LE have known under these circumstances that the family didn't see at the home?  I hope the details will be revealing to other cases if and when we hear them.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 04:08:00 PM by Woodland »

Concerned

• View Profile
This is just too sad. It is beginning to look like another crime against seniors. What in the world is going on?

2nd body found near missing elderly couple's car
Last Updated: Sunday, October 3, 2010 | 2:17 PM ET

Ontario Provincial Police have found a second body not far from where a car belonging to a missing elderly couple from Gatineau, Que., was left empty and abandoned.

Lanark County OPP found the body of a man around noon Sunday in a remote area near Calabogie, Ont., about 12 kilometres south of Renfrew, said Sgt. Kristine Rae.

jobo

• View Profile
That is sad.   This couple was found one hour away from home.   I wonder if they got disoriented and ended up there.

I remember a story several years ago, where LE came across an elderly couple in Peterborough, and the poor dears thought they were in Florida.  I cannot remember if they were locals, or where exactly they were from.

D1

There just isn't any logical explanation I can come up with to explain why people were told to keep quiet about the disappearance of this elderly couple. If any body can come up with one I'd sure like to hear it..

The two left the doctor and headed to the Westgate Shopping Centre to get some cash and possibly a bite to eat.

D1

The news reports said the car was high centered on a rock stuck miles off the main road. It appears they just got lost. Why wouldn't a public plea for help be allowed? If just one person had spotted them along that route, the outcome could have been different. I don't get it??

Woodland

• View Profile
Re: Lillian Rozon-Blondin 90 and Jim Dunne 86 | Gatineau | September 29, 2010
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2010, 01:03:01 PM »
I agree D1 - we will never know now what might have been if 3 days had not been allowed to pass with the public unaware to look out for them.

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2010, 01:46:45 PM »
I can understand if they got lost, and one tried to walk a distance to find help, and possibly passed away. But what are the chances that both passed?  Something just doesn't feel right. I hope they check to see if there are any chemicals in their bodies. If the car was working, or did it run out of gas? The temperature too cold? Their health too frail? Leave any notes behind in the house? Mental state at the last appointment?  Bank account activity?

Did the car break down, they run out of gas, elements too cold for the wife and she went into distress, while the man tries to seek help? 

It just isn't fitting for me. Why were they down that road? For how long?

D1

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2010, 01:56:24 PM »
It doesn't make sense, they left after visiting a bank machine, were supposed to be right home, the car is later found along ways away down a deserted rough back road apparently after becoming stuck. The family is told to shut up and not appeal for help, two seniors are found dead a short time later.   Something stinks!!