Welcome to UnsolvedCanada.ca

This forum lists unsolved murders and missing people from Canada and other related discussions. If you wish to add a case, please create an account and add it, or send the information using the 'Contact' link on the top menu. Please Read The Rules Here.

Question:

Why are many people unwilling to provide tips to police that could solve a murder?

Author Topic: Natasha Lynn Montgomery - Deceased - Still Missing  (Read 41842 times)

D1

• View Profile
Re: Natasha Lynn Montgomery - Deceased - Still Missing
« Reply #255 on: July 09, 2013, 01:44:59 PM »
There was a similar case down in the US some years back where a killer admitted to an additional murder and gave locations to a body on top of what he had been charged with and convicted of to avoid having to face it later. He got whatever sentence he was to get from the original murder charges and willingly took the rap on another murder so long as no extra time was added on. Concurrent sentencing. The prosecutors had arranged it that way holding back some charges with some foresight.

The detail that likely aided in making that deal was that the body of the victim in that case was not well concealed and was near a public rest spot where it was likely to have been found sometime.

There are more ways than just one to work on in most any case and there is maybe more hope after the trail in some instances than before. Totally frustrating, I can only imagine..

leonagleant

• View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 09, 2013, 10:19:30 PM »
It is a sad state of affairs when such a miserable excuse for a human being is "popular" in prison for his money. After murdering women including one who was more of a child, what contribution can such a person make? The best he can do is tell the truth about where he hid Natasha.

gumpslou

• Forever changed
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 10, 2013, 05:21:41 PM »
It is a sad state of affairs when such a miserable excuse for a human being is "popular" in prison for his money. After murdering women including one who was more of a child, what contribution can such a person make? The best he can do is tell the truth about where he hid Natasha.

Well I guess money can buy you friends in jail... I'm sure a majority of the criminals in PGRCC don't have allot of money being sent to them... so someone like Cody would be a great opportunity for many.... Hopefully he will be popular for other reasons once he is found guilty....

leonagleant

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 15, 2013, 09:52:42 PM »
Being found guilty is just a formality in this case. He was caught with the dna in his vehicle and having just killed his last victim up the road. While the trial is of course important, we all know Cody is guilty no matter what occurs in the trial.

looking

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 13, 2013, 09:05:06 PM »
Still looking for Natasha.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 14, 2013, 08:54:11 AM »
I think of Natasha's family often.  I am hoping that he will talk eventually as to what he did with her.
Even then, who could believe him?  - unless he takes law enforcement  directly to her remains?
I am hoping that hunters will eventually find her, or at the very least his lawyer will talk some sense into him and he will lead them to Natasha with hopes of getting a lesser sentence.

jb
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 11:23:35 AM by jellybean »

looking

• View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 14, 2013, 12:43:22 PM »
I don't think he deserves a lesser sentence.  I would like to take that option away from him.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 14, 2013, 05:16:11 PM »
Crown has said there will be no deal, three other families involved and they all have they're loved ones back.... His lawyer has my phone number, so if he decides he wants to talk he is able call someone in our family... He's had it about a year now and nothing, its also been about that long since they stopped interrogating him....
I hope the RCMP have a few ideas up their sleeve.  After all they are parents too - and are probably very aware that there is one person on the  list of Cody's victims  that has not been returned to her family.
That would bother a good cop, and a good cop likes a challenge.
Ever hopeful - that's me.

JB

CCF

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 15, 2013, 02:12:23 AM »
I stumbled on a news article indicating that this waste of skin's trial is set to begin next month.  I don't visit this site much anymore, but figured there'd be a few threads and read this thread.  I wanted to post some thoughts which I didn't see mentioned.  A few pages back, someone was wanting to have a map drawn up.  I use this website quite frequently for work as I need to determine distances/locations within a certain distance of a radius.  http://www.freemaptools.com/radius-around-point.htm

According to Ms. Montgomery's mother, the address where her daughter's murder is believed to have taken place is **** Liard Drive.  On the radius website and directly under the map, you can enter in how big of a radius you want drawn in miles or kilometers.  12 miles was suggested....so enter that.  Beside the "(2)", which is a couple of spots below where you enter the distance, enter the address, city and province, then click on "Draw Radius" beside it.  A green circle in the radius distance requested will appear with a blue dart in the middle of the map, which would be the address entered.  As it is linked to Google Earth, you can zoom in and out.  Both victims who have been found are well within the 12 mile radius of either residence he lived at.  If you do the direction input on Google Maps from the address of his apartment and to the locations where both bodies were found, they are roughly 7-8 kilometers from his place.  The other two things I noticed is one body was dumped in the NW corner of PG, the other at LC Gunn Park, which could be considered slightly SE so I'd be looking within that 7-8 km range in either the NE or SW quadrants of the city, and near a park.  The gravel pit where Jill was found borders a park and Cynthia's body was found in a park.  The teenage girl he just had to dump on a road he was likely familiar with as she still lived at home and her parents would be starting to make calls, so she is the "exception" to his M.O.  Thank God those two RCMP members chose that time and place to meet...five minutes either way and this guy could still be on the street.  The three others were grown women, whom he had met up within Prince George.  Since two bodies have already been found in the city limits, I'd bet Natasha's body is somewhere within the city limits as well.

One question which has come up frequently is "How would he get Natasha's body out of his apartment without drawing suspicion?".  With all the articles out there about the accused, many have stated he played hockey.  A quick Google search of "Men's rec hockey & Prince George" will show there is a men's recreational hockey league, and a summer men's league as well.  I'm merely assuming he may have still had hockey gear, but the summer league angle could be important as Natasha disappeared in late August.  He could have easily wrapped her body in plastic, then placed her in a hockey bag, grabbed a couple of hockey sticks for the "sell" to any passersby and off he goes without anyone so much as batting an eye at him.  I'm not saying she would still be in a hockey bag, it was just a means to get her out of the apartment without drawing suspicion...just some dude going out to play hockey.

Like I said, just a few thoughts I wanted to share and I really hope Natasha is found.  My sincerest sympathies go out to her family.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 09:50:40 AM by debbiec »

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 15, 2013, 06:45:19 AM »
Interesting post CCF. I am very interested in the geographics...  Very good thought about the hockey bag (especially with sticks as well). Very possible and probable.
I had been looking at where Cody's other victims were found, and like you say CCF, one was found NW and one in SE Prince George.
  I am not 100% clear on how long Cody lived at his last known address, Liard Dr......but when I google mapped it, it is near the south-west side of Prince George and my thoughts went to the west/southwest side of town, I believe the University grounds are over that way to the west.
I do feel that he didn't go too far with Natasha, within the 12 mile radius....like you are saying.

He left the two victims we know of at opposite ends of Prince George (but well within the 12 mile radius)....did he go to both ends of town to throw off the investigators?   And if he lived at the south-west end of town, would he avoid NW and SE (that's where he already left two victims)?  Or....did he leave his victims where it was most convenient since he had been at those areas with them?...thinking along that line I agree with you CCF that SW (and West) areas should be seriously considered.

Looking, keep your eyes peeled for a hockey bag/sticks in your searches.

gumpslou

• Forever changed
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 16, 2013, 04:02:05 PM »
Thanks for your post CCF. The hockey bag theory is plausible as I do believe her body is camoflauged in something. Just to be clear Cody lived in a different place when Jill was murdered but I do know she was found 3 blocks from where she was murdered. They figure Cindy was found not far from where she was murdered. The same thing with Lorne. I don't think Natasha is to far from his place either, I still believe that she was partially dismembered so he could put her in something to get her out of the apartment. Thats something the police havent denied or confirmed with me.

Thank you Looking you truly are a wonderful person I appreciate all you have done for me on your searches for Natasha! And everyone else and their kind words....

looking

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 16, 2013, 11:34:08 PM »
When he killed Jill in the house, he could have had his truck in the garage.  There appears to be a large tool box perhaps, in the back of his truck in the pictures. He could have easily put her in it and drove to the gravel pit without her body being seen.  It must have been very difficult for him to get Natasha to his truck unnoticed.  Maybe a suitcase ? If he half buried Jill, then he owned a shovel and may not have been so lazy the next time. Hard to say. 

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 17, 2013, 12:05:01 AM »
Past discoveries of his victims, shows that he was in haste to get rid of the bodies.
Youth are like that!

Older men who are killers are not in such a rush - they will drive further and will think a few things through and will drive further.

Youth is impatient!!.
And it shows on Cody - typically impatient  for his age group.

How sick - but true!!

Don't you worry gumpslou - Natasha's remains will be found.  Her creator will make sure of that, and justice will be served for his killings, and Natasha will be returned to you for proper burial.

Trust in the creator of all things and that all will be returned in its proper time.

The creator admires patience, fortitude for justice -
and the creator will not let your cries to him go unnoticed . You will receive justice - -what HIS plan is - You do not know!-when  it comes, it will come swiftly,

Keep the faith!!

Peace JB

« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 12:42:16 AM by jellybean »

Alder

• View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 22, 2013, 12:49:02 AM »
I have a hard time believing that 19 year old CL from a so-called 'good family' - and by all reports CL was a well-liked & average kid - would suddenly start killing just like that, all on his own.  There has got to be a lot more to this, in my opinion.

As for the disposal sites, it's interesting that 2 of the victims were found soon after having being reported missing, in locations fairly close to town.

As for Loren, CL was caught just about in the act of disposing her body at quite a long distance from Prince George.  Why did he drive such a long way, didn't Loren and Cody actually meet in Prince George?  This might provide a clue to his disposal pattern.  Once he has someone, or a body bag, in his vehicle, there's no limit to how far he can drive away to dispose of them.  Just my thoughts.

Gumpslou, I'm so sorry for your loss of beautiful Natasha, and I hope and pray that the answers are found soon.

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 23, 2013, 08:38:39 PM »
Cody grew up in Fort St James and Loren was from Vanderhoof...I believe he drove from Prince George (that's where he was living at the time)  to Vanderhoof to meet up with Loren. 
Loren's body was found off the hwy half-way between Vanderhoof and Fort St James.   That makes me think Cody was probably going to head straight back to Prince George that night, but luckily the Police decided to stop him and question him.

A garden of tears: the murder of Kathryn-Mary Herbert

A casefile of events and story related to the 1975 murder of Kathryn Mary Herbert (Sutton).

Click Here