Author Topic: Jeffery Lorne Bishop| 35 | Found Kawartha Lakes | September 14, 2010  (Read 4961 times)

Concerned

• View Profile
|Sep 14, 2010 - 3:16 PM|  0
Human remains found |UPDATEI can confirm that there was a vehicle found late last week in the area when they were found, though he could not say how long.

The OPP Crime Unit for Haliburton Highlands and Kawartha Lakes are assisting in the ongoing investigation.

Stay tuned to www.MyKawartha.com for more details as they become available.
http://www.mykawartha.com/news/article/873448--human-remains-found
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 06:48:24 AM by Concerned »

Concerned

• View Profile
Re: Human Remains Found | Kawartha Lakes | September 14, 2010
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 09:59:32 AM »
Anyone have any information on the vehicle found?

Human remains found near Fenelon
Local News
Posted By Lisa Gervais
Posted 1 day ago

...At the entrance to Bear Rd., - just a short drive down Hwy 35 from where Hulcoop works - an unmarked car and police tape marked the entrance to an overgrown dirt roadway where a forensic anthropologist was at work during the day Wednesday.

Const. Peter Leon, an OPP Central Region media relations officer, told The Lindsay Post on Wednesday afternoon that the coroner had requested the assistance of the forensic anthropologist.

Const. Leon expected police to remain at the scene for at least another day but said that would depend on the forensic anthropologist.

Once the forensic anthropologist is finished at the site, the remains will be sent to the Office of the Chief Coroner in Toronto.

Const. Leon said at that point the sex of the person should be determined and the body identified.

Leon would not speculate on media reports regarding missing persons cases, saying police want to confirm the identity of the body before answering such questions.

In Peterborough, though, city police Staff Sgt. John Lyons confirmed that the body is not that of Carol Hodge, missing since Aug. 9.

Const. Leon said the OPP received some information late last week about an abandoned vehicle.

It had been found in the area. They commenced a search and located what they believed to be remains. The coroner was called, who confirmed it was human remains. Leon said the discovery of the vehicle is helping "to shine light" on the ongoing investigation but would not elaborate further until the body is identified. He said the remains had been there "for a period of time" but would not say how long. Asked if police suspected foul play, he said he would not speculate on that either, until after the results of a post mortem are known.

Article ID# 2760769
http://www.thepost.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2760769

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 10:12:12 AM »
This YouTube video is probably unrelated, but does indicate two other unsolved cases in the Kawartha Lakes area.  One is of the missing person known as Nikki Lysanewitch who went missing at the end of summer 1994 whose vehicle has since been recovered at a nearby airport. And, the second in the video is of human remains found that male human remains that remain unidentified since 1994 or earlier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfYNM-CMZRE

Missing people in the area, and human remains found. Wonder what the history is of the area.

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2010, 10:22:13 AM »
Body could be that of missing city man
News
Posted By EXAMINER STAFF-QMI AGENCY, QMI AGENCY
Posted 2 days ago

Human remains found Tuesday afternoon near Fenelon Falls could be those of missing 35-year-old Peterborough man Jeffrey Bishop, investigators say.

City police Staff Sgt. John Lyons said Wednesday police aren't discounting the possibility that the remains could be those of Bishop, who was reported missing in June.

Investigators will have to wait for the results of autopsy before any identification is made, Lyons said.
The remains are being sent to the Office of the Chief Coroner in Toronto for the autopsy.

Bishop was last seen taking clothes off a clothes line at his city home June 21, before driving off in his van, a silver 2007 Freestar.

He bought gas for the van in Peterborough, then made a purchase at the LCBO in Omemee. Though Bishop's disappearance is a city police case, the invest i gat i o n in

Fenelon Falls is being handled by City of Kawartha Lakes OPP because the body was found in its jurisdiction.

City police Staff Sgt. Phil Davis said the body found Tuesday is that of a Peterborough man who recently went missing, but he could not confirm the name. The vehicle found near the body was the one associated with the missing man, Davis said.
http://www.thepeterboroughexaminer.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2759665

|Jun 25, 2010 - 3:22 PM|  1
Police release identity of missing man
35-year-old Jeffery Lorne Bishop left his residence prior to noon Monday (June 21)
Jeffery Bishop.
(PETERBOROUGH) City police have released the name and a photo of a missing Peterborough man.
Police say 35-year-old Jeffery Lorne Bishop left his residence prior to noon Monday (June 21). Police say there is some indication he may have gone camping but concern for his well-being is mounting.
The man departed in a silver 2007 Ford Freestar van with Ontario plates BBAY 509. Anyone who sees that vehicle is urged to call police at 876-1122.
http://www.mykawartha.com/news/article/839373--police-release-identity-of-missing-man

« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 10:25:29 AM by Concerned »

Concerned

• View Profile
Jeffrey Lorne Bishop | 35 | Found Kawartha Lakes | September 14, 2010
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2010, 06:47:02 AM »
Does anyone know if there was foul play?

jobo

• View Profile
Re: Jeffery Lorne Bishop| 35 | Found Kawartha Lakes | September 14, 2010
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2010, 08:17:47 AM »
I believe I read that Jeffrey suffered depression.  He was found in bush/swamp.  I don't believe anything too sinister is happening in City of Kawartha Lakes.   There has been cases in the past.  Non related.
Most around here are personal crimes.  Business partners, ex-spouses, buddies fighting and one dies.  Death by misadventure, suicide are a couple of others.  I do not feel there is a killer on the loose around here.   But there was:
There was a horrible one several years ago, where they found remains of 2 dead in a barn south of Cameron.   One was a female, I believe, from Toronto, and the other was a male that attended Fleming College in Lindsay.   Sorry, but their names escape me.   I think the perps name was Robertson or Robinson; and he is in jail, I believe.