Author Topic: Kerrie Ann Brown - Murder - Thompson, Manitoba - October 16, 1986  (Read 89746 times)

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
Re: Kerrie Ann Brown - Murder - Thompson, Manitoba - October 16, 1986
« Reply #120 on: November 05, 2011, 09:32:13 PM »
Jean Marc, thank you for posting. It took some courage in doing so, and I greatly admire you for that.  It might of been easier to just  sit back and read this thread and say nothing, and  you chose not to. And this case has bothered you. It's not always easy being a cop even a retired one - cops  are people. And sometimes it isn't that easy to speak up, as the rest of us would like to think. Definately not in some detachments, so I have read in the past.
In certain cases, when the camera's have stopped rolling, and the public memory fades, the familes never forget, ever.

Families are speaking up in this day and age, and are demanding answers more often than not. And it is about time that these  things have changed.
JB
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 09:41:08 PM by jellybean »

tips.needed

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 11, 2011, 09:35:15 AM »
WOW...Thank you Jean Marc for your courage and being so candid.  I can not put into words how much respect I have for you for posting your comments.  I would like to state I know for a fact the RCMP would like nothing more than to have solved this crime.  We all wish it had never happened, maybe even the perps, but its hard to beleive with the damage done to young Kerrie.   Thompson and communities like it are a training ground for the RCMP.  I have no doubt mistakes were made.  We all feel bad for what has happened except for the guilty obviously.  There are people who know, all those old adages apply, "The truth will set you free!"  It really will.  The new Inspector in Thompson, Mr. Ron Corner, I believe has been in the right direction many times.  Congratulations on you posting Inspector.  Please come forward party goers, do it for yourself, you will notice a huge differance in your life, and the lives of others.   Truly it is never to late to tell the truth.  My blessings to the Brown family, the aunts, uncles and cousins.  Thank you Jean Marc
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 07:41:21 PM by tips.needed »

SAP

« Reply #122 on: November 12, 2011, 01:31:20 AM »
Yes, Jean Marc, I also thank you for being so candid. Hopefully this is the year that someone will relieve their conscience and end a long quest, although I doubt it would ever relieve the pain the family have had to live with.
Unfortunately those kinds of mistakes and cover-ups were all too common.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 18, 2011, 11:14:02 AM »

Kerrie Ann BROWN  

Cold Case Files

Name : Homicide of Kerrie Ann BROWN

Details : On October 16, 1986 fifteen year old Kerrie Ann BROWN disappeared from a house party she attended in Thompson, MB.  On the afternoon of October 18, 1986 her body was found murdered outside of Thompson, MB. 

Victim: Kerrie Ann BROWN
Age at time of incident: 15
Date of Birth: 1971-08-19
Race: Caucasian
Hair color: Blonde
Eye color:Blue

This year marks the 25th anniversary of Kerrie Ann BROWN's murder. To date nobody has been convicted of her murder.   

Contact: If you have any information about this or any serious crime in Rural Manitoba, you can contact your nearest police service or RCMP detachment.

To provide information ANONYMOUSLY:

Call Manitoba Crime Stoppers toll free at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS).
SUBMIT a secure tip online at www.manitobacrimestoppers.com
TEXT "TIPMAN" PLUS YOUR MESSAGE to CRIMES (274637)
Callers never have to give their name. You can earn a cash award of up to $2000.00 and at the same time help to make your community a safer place to live.

http://205.193.86.86/cc-afn/brown-eng.htm

SAP

« Reply #124 on: January 10, 2014, 07:55:08 PM »
Thank you Jean Marc for your candidness. Family members have been made aware of your most recent post. I hope and pray that Kerrie gets justice as well as her family and relatives.

firehorse

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 10, 2014, 08:50:01 PM »
Thank you Jean Marc Villeneuve for this and  thank you also to SAP for making me aware of this post. This has taken much courage for you to post this Jean Marc Villeneuve and lets hope it is the end of the silence and beginning of things being solved.

Have faith

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 10, 2014, 08:53:43 PM »
Jean Marc--you think this case was fast tracked to keep the Det. budget down.  Do you think the following post from Member "njohansen74" might have something to do with it?

Quote: njohansen74

Reply # 15, page 2

"I totally agree with you. I feel as though the people that have admitted to having been involved with this crime have pull with the Rcmp. Their father is good friends with most of the guys on the force. I wish their was someone else that you can talk to."

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 11, 2014, 12:00:59 AM »
Thank you for posting Jean Marc Villeneuve. I admire you for the courage you've shown in speaking out.

I sincerely hope that someday there will be justice for Kerrie.

firehorse

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 11, 2014, 10:48:53 AM »
Jean Marc would you be willing to speak to members of the family?  You can contact me through private message here or through Kerrie's face book page as a private message. Through face book we could set up a family/multi-party chat.
Thank you again Jean Marc for the courage to do the right thing.After all of these years it must have been difficult to do.It is very much appreciated. I am Kerrie's Aunt and sister to her mother Ann.

believer

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 09, 2014, 03:49:04 PM »
I have left the north for some time now. One the questions that to this day remained with me was why this case was not solved. It saddens me that it has not. Since I still have family that lives there, I worry a lot about how life was and still remains there. Secrets get buried conspiracy of silence, some seaming to have more power over authorities and so forth. Fear and the stress of a fast paste life style perhaps is what leads people not to  say what they should say. Maybe even the timing questioning. What I mean by that is: I remember when the police came around and asked if I had witness any unusual activity in the area of where I then lived. Having being woken up early in the morning trying to recover from bad health, my brain did not kick in like it should. So what I mean is people have lives and stresses that sometimes does not allow them to think clearly. Perhaps for those that do know and now hopefully have had time to clear their minds and make sense of things they could do the right thing...Come forward with what they know. I would like to know if there are any specific questions that was asked to the public about info needed on something..

believer

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 09, 2014, 04:02:29 PM »
Firehorse was there any questions about a tent being in the forest nearby and if anyone knew whom it belonged to??

firehorse

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 09, 2014, 04:36:01 PM »
Hello Believer, thank you for your post and questions. We all wonder why it is still unsolved. There has been so much said and I do recall some questions about a tent being posted somewhere.It was thought that someone was living in it, maybe a transient. There are so many questions still unanswered and with it being so long ago, we don't know if who ever was involved is even still alive now. It would be nice if those who have info step up and come clean. Give Kerrie's Dad ( Jim) and her brothers ( Trevor and Ian) some closure. To those who are holding onto info, you know it will haunt you until the day you leave this earth. Karma makes a full circle, it will again repeat on you next life and the next and until you learn the lesson it was meant to teach you. All we can do is keep Kerrie's case out there and make those who know something squirm every time they hear someone mention her name!

tips.needed

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 01, 2015, 05:00:35 AM »
I just fell for the family, so much.  They are and were amazing.
Do not be afraid to say how you feel.

I feel like saying........FY ........Those that know. Your worse than those that did it, jussayin!

30 years plus ur age....almost time 2 talk to someone

edited for language

« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 05:10:45 PM by debbiec »