Author Topic: Lawrence Michael Roberts - Have you seen him in your area?  (Read 8793 times)

Sleuth

Lawrence Michael Roberts - Have you seen him in your area?
« on: September 09, 2010, 11:33:08 AM »
an charged in historic sexual assault case in Toronto
Posted September 9, 2010

KJ Mullins-Toronto: During the late 1970s a man allegedly used technical equipment to attack a 13-year-old boy while working for music bands in the Toronto area with the NTSC video road show.

The victim has just come forward to police about a sexual assault that took place in Toronto in the late 1970's when he was 13. He alleges that the suspect worked as a stage and laser-light technician with the NTSC video road show.

According to Constable Wendy Drummond the suspect used his technical equipment to entice his victim(s).

Has anyone seen this man in your area?

On Thursday, August 19, 2010 a search warrant was issued at the suspect's house in Goderich after an investigation began in May 2010.

"The accused is known to have traveled extensively, and has resided in Toronto, Burlington, Mississauga, Hamilton, Goderich, and Thunder Bay. He has also traveled throughout Canada, including Saskatoon and Calgary and has also frequented China," Drummond said in a press release.

Lawrence Michael Roberts, also known as L-Michael Roberts, 60, of Goderich, has been charged with three counts of indecent assault on a male, two counts of buggery and making or possessing obscene matter.

Police believe that there may be additional victims.

http://newz4u.net/entries/crime/man-charged-in-historic-sexual-assault-case-in-toronto

me

• View Profile
Re: Lawrence Michael Roberts - Have you seen him in your area?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 12:04:36 PM »
Sleuth, the second picture is labelled Lawrance Edwards - does he use different names?

I do not know why, but this guy looks familiar

Sleuth

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 11:51:24 PM »
sorry me, my bad. No his name is Lawrence Michael Roberts, also known as L-Michael Roberts. I agree with you about looking familiar. When I first saw his pic, I said to myself, self, why does he look familiar? Then after pondering for a minute, I dismissed it. But then when I looked again just now to correct "my bad" he looked familiar again. I don't know......maybe it will come to me why.

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 04:21:06 AM »
"...frequented China."

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2010, 04:22:50 PM »
For some reason this guy looks like someone I know as well.  ...maybe just one of those faces, however I will print the mug and keep it with me.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 04:26:46 PM by lostlinganer »

lizzy217

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2011, 08:04:56 PM »
I'm reading through this post and am wondering...is there an update on this guy?  When I google his name...his Flikr page comes up with a "seasons greetings'' post from China....
http://www.flickr.com/photos/l-michael-roberts/
Is he aware there is a man hunt for him or is he playing games?  I am one person that would like to see every pedophile get what they deserve.  I hope he is found...

MetalMan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2011, 01:03:43 AM »
I I know a lot about this guy!
When I accidentally came across this thread my mouth dropped!
From 85-87 he started Laser FX and had teenagers working for him...learning so too speak....between 85 and 88 he lived at the whitye building at black creek and lawrence and soon moved too weston and lawrence too a triplex
I can still smell the stench of that dirty appt like it was yesturday!
His drugs of chice was MDA,LSD and hash
His cats name was poppers...he drove a mini van and his stereo was made by SAE
I remember around 87 he was being questioned on an assault on a child and his father got involved
He ran lasershows at twilight zone and astrolight
He listed too Pink floyd and Jean Michele Jarre....mexico was his vacation destination of choice!
And he likes too ski...mont tremblant and blackcomb
Man,this digs up bad memories of the 80's that no teeneager should have been involved in
Catchin this monster will set some of my own demons at ease so please catch him
...I can go on and on...I remember the 80's like they wwere yesturday and I am willing too tell more if need be so contact me and I will give you ALL the info I have!
...Just catch him!!!
BTW-L Michael Roberts is hands down a Genius so catchin him I'm sure won't be easy but this is a great start
Thanxs
The Man Missing Part Of His Soul!

Mom

• I will always protect my child.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2011, 01:41:33 AM »

I'm not one to spread rumours.... BUT, this guy looks familiar too!

http://www.induluxtech.com/About.html

Mom

• View Profile

Mom

• View Profile

MetalMan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2011, 02:44:10 AM »
Both of the photos are 100 percent L Michael Roberts...I believe the first pic was takin in Mont Trmblant when I was 16...I know that pic well and both pics give me such a bad feeling! :(

MetalMan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2011, 03:32:29 AM »
You got it Mom...that's him...and that's the Laser FX
Man,this is just sendin chills down my spine...never even thought I would see a photo of him but you have all kionds!

He is very noticable!...after all these years he still looks the same!