Author Topic: Police Agencies Unions and Others Call for Action on Revolving Door Policies  (Read 1846 times)

Concerned

• View Profile
Accused killer back in custody
Broke bail condition again: cops
By WINNIPEG SUN
Last Updated: August 26, 2010 7:39am
A homicide suspect who is awaiting trial is back in custody for allegedly violating conditions of his bail for the second time in a year.

Police brought attention to the situation Wednesday in a sign of frustration and as an example of the so-called revolving door of the criminal justice system.

Joseph William McNabb, 27, was arrested and charged with manslaughter in the April 2009 death of 60-year-old Evaristo Caniuman.

McNabb was granted bail Aug. 31, 2009.

Since then he has twice failed to comply with conditions of his release, police said.

McNabb was arrested for at least one breach Jan. 10 and was released again April 13, police said.

He violated at least one condition Monday and a warrant was issued for his arrest, which occurred in downtown Winnipeg on Tuesday.

He remains in custody.

The breaches relate to a curfew and an order to abstain from alcohol, police said.

Police expressed frustration because they frequently re-arrest people who were granted bail and repeatedly ignore their conditions.

The scenario consumes valuable resources and time for police, the courts and other areas of the criminal justice system.

McNabb is accused of inflicting fatal injuries to Caniuman during a robbery at Sargent Avenue and Young Street.

McNabb allegedly assaulted and pushed Caniuman to the ground, where he struck his head. Caniuman, who moved to Canada from Chile and was the landlord of a nearby apartment block, died in hospital days later.
http://www.winnipegsun.com/news/winnipeg/2010/08/25/15143841.html

Twenty-seven year old Joseph William MCNABB of Winnipeg has been charged with Manslaughter.
On August 31, 2009 MCNABB was released by the Courts. Since his release MCNABB has failed to comply with conditions of his release on two occasions.
On January 10, 2010 MCNABB failed to comply with conditions of his Recognizance and was subsequently arrested by police.
On April 13, 2010 was once again released by the courts.
On August 23, 2010, MCNABB failed to comply with conditions of his Recognizance and a Warrant was issued for his arrest.
On August 24, 2010, MCNABB was located and arrested in the downtown area.
http://ww.oyetimes.com/news/101/5473-joseph-william-mcnabb-back-in-jail-in-winnipeg

A man died because of his behavior. And, ......he's let out to mock the system. Anybody wonder why these murders are happening? Perhaps, because they can.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 12:27:40 AM by Concerned »

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
Goodness sakes this is getting to be a joke. When I was 17, I went to the county jail for unpaid tickets and there was no chance at leaving until I paid the bill or spent a few days (my Dad left me stay for the weekend). In Canada it seems rapists, murderers and even terrorists gegt instant bail.

Remember that guy who killed those 4 RCMP officers near Mayorthorpe? that guy too seemed to always get bail.