Author Topic: Unidentified Remains | 20-30 M | 5'9" | 140-160 | Died July 28, 1995 Regina SK  (Read 24175 times)

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile

Do you recognize this person? View more photos here:
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/720umsk.html

MYSTERY OF JOHN DOE

The Regina Police Service in conjunction with the Office of the Chief Coroner, is renewing efforts to bring a 10-year-old unsolved mystery to the public?s attention in the hope that, this time, an answer will emerge to the question, ?Who is John Doe?? It is the story of a young man?s death and the efforts, so far unsuccessful, to identify him and notify his family.

On Friday, July 28, 1995, at about 3:40 p.m., police were dispatched to the Canadian Pacific Railway crossing at 13 th Avenue and Courtney Street for a report of a fatality Police interviewed two CP rail employees who had just witnessed the young man come from the ditch on the south side of the tracks and position himself in the path of an eastbound, four-locomotive train hauling 104 box cars. The crew was unable to stop the train, which was traveling approximately 65-70 kilometres per hour as it approached the crossing. The railway traffic control arm was down and the red warning lights were functioning. The victim was killed instantly by the impact.

The victim was described as male, caucasian, about 20 to 30 years old, clean-shaven, with short, medium-brown hair and blue eyes, about 5? 9? tall, weighing about 140-160 pounds. He was wearing a black denim button shirt with a gold ?crown? logo displayed on the left front pocket. Under this shirt the victim wore a white t-shirt with the words "Boca Authentic" on the front. He also wore faded blue jeans, white socks and a pair of size 12 and 1/2, blue and white Reebok runners. He carried no personal identification and a search of a knapsack he?d had in his possession, revealed some clothing and personal items, but virtually nothing to help investigators determine his identity. In his pocket, there was a silver brooch, shaped like a rose, sometimes referred to as ?The Christmas Rose?.

The resulting investigation, though extensive, has failed to identify this young man. The case has remained open since July 28, 1995 and will remain open until ?John Doe? is identified and any family members notified of his death. Regina Police Service investigators believe the unknown male was not from this area, and probably not from Saskatchewan. For this reason, police and Coroner?s Office are requesting help from the media in publicizing this case as widely as possible.

http://www.reginapolice.ca/newsroom.htm#JOHNDOE

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
This is always the saddest type of case for me. There is probably someone, somewhere that has spent all this time wondering what ever happened to their loved one. Being that he carried nothing that would identify him and most likely did not use his real name it would appear that he wanted to remain anonymous for whatever reason. What a sad way to end a life. We can only hope that someone sees his picture and recognizes him.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
I never thought about it that way Des, maybe he was running from something or maybe even someone?

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
What is sad is that no one seems to be looking for him or else they would have found him. I feel really bad for this guy too.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile

t-lynne

• View Profile
Hi, I am new to this site and in browsing around on doenetwork.org I came across something that I find interesting.  I may be way off the mark, but I am going to attach the two images that I came across...1 is the unidentified male in question and the other is an age-progressed image of Jeffrey Gordon Murray - missing from Dartmouth Nova Scotia...does anyone else see the similarities?

Have faith

• View Profile
t-lynne:    Well to my eye they are very similar. In 1995 Jeffrey Murray would have been 22 years old.  He had blue eyes, and I think it is reasonable that he could have grown 8 inches from age 13 to 22.
He was abducted in 1986 and apparently has never been found. Nine years later and thousands of miles from home...very interesting.

Have faith

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
Very interesting. Worth notifying either police depts to see what they think.

t-lynne

• View Profile
Thanks Chris
How does a person approach the police with a theory like this?  Does anyone actually listen?  I would think that if a random 'browser' such as myself picked up on the similarities here...that trained proffessionals(police) would have taken notice prior to now...
I keep thinking that 'somehow' Jeffrey ended up out west(maybe abducted) and after almost 10 years...he was trying to get home??
Maybe depressed about everything he went through...???

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
He carried no personal identification and a search of a knapsack he'd had in his possession, revealed some clothing and personal items, but virtually nothing to help investigators determine his identity. In his pocket, there was a silver brooch, shaped like a rose, sometimes referred to as ?The Christmas Rose?.

This statement has always bothered me. This unidentified young man didn't carry much with him and had no ID, yet he carried this brooch with him. I've always felt it must have meant a great deal to him, for some reason. It does not look to be expensive and I wonder if it had sentimental value. I've always wondered if it belonged to someone he loved.

t-lynne

• View Profile
I have sent the pics to mcsc.ca, maybe someone there will see the similarities...

t-lynne

• View Profile
 :)  Just recieved an email from an investigator with MCSC thanking me for the tip. They are going to "look in to these similarities and conduct a procedural initiative investigation to determine possible outcomes/findings."  It's a start, and hopefully can lead to some closure...

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
Oh Good! Yes I do think they listen, but still, it is worth it evn if they don't.

t-lynne

• View Profile
I recieved an email today from Dan Picken, an investigator with MCSC.  He has forwarded info to the Regina cold case unit for further investigation ...will keep you all posted if I hear anything