Author Topic: Amber Alyssa TUCCARO - 20 - Missing - August 18, 2010 - Edmonton, AB  (Read 54762 times)

cana_nomad

• View Profile
Re: Amber Alyssa TUCCARO - 20 - Missing - August 18, 2010 - Edmonton, AB
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2012, 01:02:07 AM »
@jellybean- I have been trying to discern that as well- it sounds to me like an Albertan.  I've lived in four provinces, and it sounds like an Edmontonian to me- I would even guess someone in his 40s based on the bass like sound in his tone.  could be wrong.  I would also like to know about the vehicle.  The unfortunate thing about Alberta these days is that so many people are moving there for the work and are bringing in out of province vehicles, meaning few people will pay attention to an out of province plate, especially if it's one from Nfld (lots of Newfies moved out West), Yukon, NWT.  I think the only license plates I have never seen in Alberta were Quebec, PEI or Nova Scotia ones, and this man is NOT Quebecois from what I'm hearing.  I don't know, I just don't hear Maritime in his voice either.

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2012, 02:01:39 AM »
Am I reading this thread correctly?  Did the Police just release audio tapes and now this past weekend Amber's remains were found?  What?  Why both in the same week, two years after she went missing?

I too, thought the perp does not sound young or old....40's sounds about right to me.  And someone from around those parts of Alberta I would say....someone that knows those back roads.
I thought I heard a slip of the tongue by the perp in that phone conversation....at first he said they were heading south and then he corrected himself and said north (but they really were heading south).
His voice almost reminds me of a Pickton....

RIP Amber Tuccaro.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 02:20:09 AM by jobo »

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2012, 10:10:19 AM »
Skull found near Edmonton identified as mother missing since 2010

By Dave Lazzarino, Edmonton Sun

Tuesday, September 4, 2012 8:57:21 MDT PM 

EDMONTON - Human remains in a wooded area south of Edmonton over the weekend has brought a search for a missing woman to an end.

But the search for those responsible for her death still continues, say investigators with Project KARE, a unit responsible for investigating high-risk missing persons.

According to detectives, the remains belong to Amber Alyssa Tuccaro, a woman missing since August 2010.

"This is very sad news for the Tuccaro family, and our thoughts are with them," said Project KARE unit commander Staff Sgt. Gerard MacNeil.

"This discovery brings us closer to finding out what happened to Amber."

A group of horseback riders spotted the remains Saturday afternoon on trails near Range Road 241 northeast of Leduc.

"They were on the trails near here and they looked down and appeared to see human remains. It was in fact a skull. They went to a residence and immediately contacted RCMP in Leduc," said MacNeil.

Forensics teams used dental records to confirm the Tuccaro's identity.

More than 40 people, including civilian search and rescue workers and dog teams, have been scouring the area since Saturday looking for more clues.

MacNeil said more remains have since been found in the area.

Investigators will be searching for the next two days to find anything else that might lead them to suspects involved in Tuccaro's death. During that time, an airspace restriction has also been set up over the area.

Tuccaro was last seen in Nisku, just south of Edmonton, on Aug. 18, 2010. After flying in to the area from Fort McMurray, the 20-year-old got a hotel room in Nisku with a female friend and her then 14-month-old son. She decided to try and catch a ride into the city but never returned.

Police say she was last seen in the southeast area of Leduc County after getting into a vehicle with an unknown man.

The search for clues about her disappearance have been few and far between, but a week ago police released a voice recording they believe took place between Tuccaro and an unknown male just before she went missing.

On the recording, a frightened Tuccaro can be heard asking a man where they are going.

"You better not be taking me anywhere I don't want to go. I want to go to the city, OK?" asked Tuccaro during the two-minute call. The man continues to tell her they are taking gravel back roads that will connect with an east Edmonton street before she asks him to pull over.

The recording, which is now posted on both the KARE and Alberta Missing Persons websites, then becomes muffled.

MacNeil said the release of the audio just a week before the body discovery is simply a coincidence, but the recording has received a lot of attention.

"I would describe it as an exceptional response. The websites that I mentioned received over 8,000 hits in the 20-hour period following the release and from that we've received a substantial number of tips," he said.

He could not say whether any of those tips have led to any concrete leads but said police "remain optimistic."

RCMP are still asking the public to listen to the recording online and contact them if they have any idea who the voice of the unknown man could belong to.

david.lazzarino@sunmedia.ca

Twitter: @SUNDaveLazz

http://www.leducrep.com/2012/09/04/skull-found-near-edmonton-identified-as-mother-missing-since-2010

Amber Alyssa Tuccaro was last seen August 18, 2010 in Nisku, Alberta. (Handout Photo)

Click to enlarge

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2012, 11:55:27 AM »
Amber was 5'1, weighing 143 lbs.  So the perp was larger than that.  I also think this man is in his 40's, white,
raised in an English speaking family.

Cana nomad: Yes, he sounds like a homegrown Albertan (believe it or not we do have some).

People from Saskatchewan speak clearly but slowly (lived there for about 5 years-in various places)

He knows Edmonton well, so may be local. He does sound Albertan - but other posters from other provinces may say that he sounds as though he came from their province.
We'll wait and see what others think.
jb
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 02:12:30 PM by jellybean »

SAP

« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2012, 07:52:20 PM »
Video at this link from Leduc. She was found in a wooded area off Highway 263 and RR 241. It would seem that after Amber's cell phone was closed or they were out of range, she had a short ride to her death.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/story/2012/09/04/edmonton-missing-woman-remains.html

RCMP say human remains found on a rural property near Leduc, south of Edmonton, are those of Amber Tuccaro, who went missing from the area two years ago.

RCMP Staff Sgt. Gerard MacNeil says the remains of Amber Tuccaro were found by a couple of people riding horses in the Leduc area Saturday. (CBC)
"This is very sad news for the Tuccaro family, and our thoughts are with them," said Staff Sgt. Gerard MacNeil. "This discovery brings us closer to finding out what happened to Amber."

MacNeil said a human skull was found east of Leduc on Saturday by horseback riders who immediately contacted police. Dental records confirmed that it belonged to Tuccaro, and her death is being treated as suspicious.

Officers have found other remains that are believed to belong to Tuccaro and are continuing to search.

Police said Tuccaro, 20, left her Nisku hotel room to catch a ride to Edmonton with a man two years ago.

She has not been seen since.

Tuccaro, who lived in Fort McMurray, was visiting Edmonton with her 14-month-old son Jacob and a female friend.

Last week, police released audio of a cellphone call in connection with the case, asking the public for help in identifying a male who was part of the call.

MacNeil said the response from the public has given investigators new leads.

"I would describe it as an exceptional response," he said. "From that we've received a substantial number of tips."

MacNeil said the release of the audio tape did not lead to the skull being found.

Tuccaro's family asked for privacy after the discovery was announced.

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2012, 05:50:57 AM »
JB I suppose that is possible but be may also have been a midget in a wheel chair and had a traciotormy , if he had a gun it would matter what size he was , or even a piece of rope to put around this poor girls neck. This is so Sad , so young, and you can hear the fear in her voice.  Hope this man rots in hell.

LadyVenom

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2012, 08:18:29 AM »
This case is so sad, the phone call literally gives me chills ..hearing that mans voice and the fact she knew this man wasnt taking her where she wanted to go. But what I will NEVER understand is how people hitchhike or get rides into places? WHY on earth would you get into an unknown vehicle with an uknown person. The idea baffles me. You have no idea who they could possibly be, or what their intentions are. In this case inparticular, shes young getting into a truck or car with an uknown male. Why on earth would you do that! You hear over the years many saddening and heartfelt cases of individuals going missing after hitching rides (esp young females), it honestly makes me so sad, but also makes me wonder..these are smart intelligent individuals...you hear what happends ...why would you put your safety and your life at risk?

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2012, 09:49:37 AM »
I hitchiked all the time when I was young, back in the day.  Some creeps did pick me up, but nothing too bad happened that I couldn't get out of.  Young people do it because they don't think every second vehicle has a killer in it.  Most vehicles don't.  When I think back I was lucky, and I have not dared to tell my kids how naive and trusting I was, I just warned them against hitchiking.

The phone call also disturbs me to no end.  Amber started to realize things were not going the way they were supposed to, and you can tell she is starting to freak out, poor thing.
Seriously, what are the chances there is a guy cruising in Nisku on the very night Amber decides to get a ride to Edmonton?   Was the guy cruising for many weeks before he got his opportunity?   Has he done this before or since? 

I would think that this guy is just beside himself this week...They have released his voice and also found Amber's remains, after 2 years of silence...I hope the Press out there in Alberta are playing that recording over and over again on every TV station, and the radio, as this man needs to be flushed out.  I would guess his demeanor will have changed with this latest news..   

gumpslou

• Forever changed
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2012, 10:23:48 AM »
what happened to the 14 month old child she had was the baby with her in that vehicle or did she leave the child with her friend at the hotel? I pray they find this creep ASAP. RIP Amber. :'(... I can't get this creeps voice out of my head.

expecting rain

• Truth is stranger than fiction.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2012, 12:05:25 PM »
The child was left with the friend from what I have read/understood. I am glad this family is able to get some closure and I am sure they are going to catch this creepy asap. I wonder how many more ppl he has murdered, I don't think Amber was his first. Seems too planned.

SAP

« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2012, 12:19:33 PM »
Can't think of any similar MO's but I think Amber's case is unique because she had been on the cell with a friend and that call was given to police. There will be others out there who didn't have their cell handy to record. There have been more missing girls in southern AB. 

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2012, 02:06:34 PM »
from jobo:
The phone call also disturbs me to no end.  Amber started to realize things were not going the way they were supposed to, and you can tell she is starting to freak out, poor thing.
Seriously, what are the chances there is a guy cruising in Nisku on the very night Amber decides to get a ride to Edmonton?   Was the guy cruising for many weeks before he got his opportunity?   Has he done this before or since? 

I'm wondering the same, jobo. Has he done this before? I'm not sure what the circumstances were at the time Amber decided to take a ride into the city from this guy. All I've read makes it appear as if Amber simply accepted a ride. That having been said, we do know that Kare is involved. Perhaps there are things the public is unaware of.

SAP

« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2012, 04:11:32 PM »
The Staff Sargeant stated that hitchhikers also fall into the high risk category which would come under Kare.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nisku,_Alberta

This is what Nisku is about, mostly industrial. I can't imagine anyone coming for an appointment and staying at Nisku if the appt was in Edmonton. There are frequent air buses, as well as cabs running from airport to Edmonton. The population of residents is very small, except for a larger population on neighboring acreages. There would be nothing to cruise around Nisku for unless someone was keeping tabs on young girls coming in on flights. If the appt was at Nisku, it would have been for a job of sorts.
It doesn't make sense they were staying at Nisku and then needing to find rides into Edmonton.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2012, 04:56:29 PM »
from SAP:
The Staff Sargeant stated that hitchhikers also fall into the high risk category which would come under Kare.

Yes, hitchhiking falls into the category of high risk. I guess accepting a ride with a stranger pretty much comes down to the same thing as hitchhiking, even though you're not standing on the road with your thumb out. I'm not sure when Kare became involved, or if they always were.

from an earlier article:
Project KARE is an RCMP-led unit mandated to investigate Alberta cases of murdered and missing persons whose vulnerable circumstances may have resulted in their disappearance.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2012, 05:10:35 PM »
I got the impression that she flew into the Airport - if that is the case, she could have stayed at a Nisku Hotel - in fact the Nisku Inn. Or, if she took a bus from Fort McMurray, it would also take her to Nisku.

Why was she in Nisku?  Did she have a Dr's appointment for her son in Edmonton?  Really, what was her purpose in being in that area with her son.   The RCMP have not said why, nor have her parents.

There was no reason to murder her.  She should be able to move about in freedom like the rest of us.
I am curious - that is all.

However, I don't think her purpose for being here, had anything to do with her murder.
We had one native on this site, I can't recall the thread, whereby he explained to us, why natives hitch hike.
and it made perfect sense.  They usually live outside of towns or cities and hitch hike on a regular basis to get to town to shop etc., since often they have little choice, and besides they manage to do this quite safely.
So, in coming into the Edmonton area, accepting rides from a stranger would be natural, albeit, in hindsight not wise in this case.

My heart goes out to her Mom and Dad and siblings. How very tragic - accepting a ride innocently enough, only to find that you "may be in danger".  There is no such thing as closure, as we have been told.  Many families hate that word.  But after a certain length of time of their child missing, when they are found, it can lead to acceptance that their child has passed onto another life.  At the very least, they now have her remains returned home, and have a memorial for her, and lay her to rest.  There are so many members on this site, who do not even have that much.

Gumpslou comes to mind.  I am thinking about him today. 
Am hoping that, as Amber's remains were discovered by those on horseback, that eventually his daughter's remains will be found, so that perhaps he too, can have some peace, and lay her to rest.

And yet, it is true that as long as their "loved one is still missing", there is always hope held in their hearts that they will return home safely. And it is a shock when remains are found, even though they suspect that their loved one may be deceased, they are never prepared.

I realize that the words closure, acceptance and peace - do not even begin to take the place of the living, breathing loved one whom they have lost.

JB
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 05:32:04 PM by jellybean »