Author Topic: Amber Alyssa TUCCARO - 20 - Missing - August 18, 2010 - Edmonton, AB  (Read 54761 times)

SAP

Re: Amber Alyssa TUCCARO - 20 - Missing - August 18, 2010 - Edmonton, AB
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2012, 10:37:12 PM »
The last words Amber says and are full of static, it does sound like she says to pull over. He says something too but it's unintellligible due to the static. IMO, there could have been more said and it's being held back for reasons. Unless he grabbed the cell phone, but with Amber already worried and stressed, I doubt she would have closed the phone. So that makes me think, I suppose could be the same reason LE say they were heading south, if she was heading into Edmonton the reception wouldn't have been getting worse. LE will also have cell pings to go by.
If alot of truckers stop at the motels there, I hope the voice video has been given to the clerks who work there.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2012, 09:23:52 AM »
SAP, in that brief "conversation" recorded with Amber, there are some things that he did not say.
Such as he did not tell her to "shut up", nor did he swear at her. He appeared to be placating her, assuring her that they were heading into Edmonton. It is almost as though he was talking to a kid.

I would not be surpised if he has done this before.

50th Street.
Now usually we would refer it as 50th (leaving the street out)  However, drivers who take a city to city run for example, when  reporting in to dispatch would say Street. They are more precise.

I wonder if RCMP have considered checking in with dispatch companies and have them listen to "the voice"?
He does not have an accent.  Speaks very clearly and comes across in that short conversation as probably quite articulate in speech. I wonder what part of Canada he came from? He does not have what I would call a discernable provincial speech pattern ie: from the Rock.  It is fairly generic.

Yes, the clerks at motels and Nisku Inn, as well as restaurants and other eateries in that area would be good a start.  Perhaps they have already done all of the above.

It seems to me that they have been working on this for quite sometime.

Amber was desperately trying to give out clues as to where she was, trying to get it out of him.
She was suspicious and anxious for her safety.
My heart went out to that Mother!! - and I am sure it has to all of us.
With the mother living under constant stress and concern for Amber over a two year period (a living nightmare)
it takes a toll,  on a persons health and there is no let up.
God Bless her.

jb

« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 09:51:54 AM by jellybean »

SAP

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2012, 09:56:13 AM »
Yes dispatchers to trucking companies is another avenue I hope Police followed up with.
You could be right about his way of saying 50th street but he might already have known she was from out of the city and only wanted to make that clear to Amber. He knew she was on the phone with someone and it did sound as though she was repeating him loud and clear to whomever she was speaking to. He kept repeating as well, so my thoughts on that at the moment are he was just saying that to appease and draw attention away from where he was really headed. Saying it to throw off anyone who may have tried calling police for Amber?
His voice doesn't sit well with me. I don't know why. It just gives me the creeps.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2012, 10:02:14 AM »
Quote from SAP: "draw attention away from where he was really headed. Saying it to throw off anyone who may have tried calling police for Amber? unquote

Hey, good point!!
JB

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2012, 05:40:41 PM »
This does not sound very good for Amber I am afraid.  Two years and nothing.  Wondering why it was not released to the public sooner.  Memory gets dimmer with time I am thinking. 

SAP

« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2012, 06:25:46 PM »
It may be like the SV case ... anniversary publicity. I would think and would hope that police already took that recording of the man's voice and went to trucking company dispatchers and hotel clerks etc., long ago and striking out there brought the tapes to the public.

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2012, 07:26:56 AM »
This morning I noticed this thread for Amber, since it has been brought to the forefront.  Another family just faced a horrible anniversary of a missing loved one.

Of course I went and Google-Mapped the locations mentioned.   Seems to me there is a 50St. and a 50Ave in Beaumont Alberta.  It is quite possible that Amber was taken east and north of Nisku on the pretense of heading to Edmonton.  It is one way into Edmonton, rather than take Hwy #2.

It does not say what Hotel Amber was staying at.  I would like to know, as it is important to know what places were around there, places where Amber would/could talk to someone in a vehicle and end up getting in the vehicle to head to Edmonton.

I am surprised there is not more info such as what time Amber was seen (hopefully on surveillance) leaving the hotel, and which direction she headed, and what time the cell phone call was recorded.  How much time lapsed between Amber leaving the hotel and talking on the phone.  To me, it sounds like they must be just heading out of the town of Beaumont to what seemed like the boonies, when Amber is on the phone. 
I wonder if the perp had an acreage/land/farm around there....My first inkling is that this is a local guy (local to Beaumont and land around there).....and he is not young, not old,and single.  He was cruising in Nisku.

I really wish the Police could/would say there is CCTV of Amber when she left the Hotel.   Doesn't seem to be much info, except for the phone recording.  It is a disturbing call, she seems to feel something just isn't right....I suppose it is due to heading north on 50 ST. which turns into #814 and countryside.  And very sparsely populated, and dark.

« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 07:43:16 AM by jobo »

SAP

« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2012, 10:27:44 AM »
There are several motel/hotels within 1 km to 3.6 kms from the airport.
Also the new google maps show Anthony Hendey freeway that wasn't there in 2010. The man couldn't go anywhere straight once he got to 50th street ... there are parks and industrial sites breaking the street up and heading into Edmonton that way wouldn't make sense imo.
The # 814 goes north past the drop site of STW's in Svekla's time. His buddies are still on the loose somewhere. I believe the # 814 was at least hard top road and this guy was already on gravel roads ... according to what I could hear that Amber mentioned gravel and her voice was rising.
Someone is going to have to be vigilant to the voice; I doubt this man will contact police himself.
Police never mentioned if they had any video footage from the hotel/motel. I do wonder if they have it.

There is little info. On page 1, there was something mentioned at the 1 year anniversary, posted by Debbie. It seems like they are doing anniversary PR only. The voice recording 2 years later ... ???
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 10:31:27 AM by SAP »

SAP

« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2012, 10:41:58 AM »
http://www.canada.com/news/edmonton/Release+tape+prompts+tips+missing+woman+investigation/7163916/story.html

According to the above link, police are pleased with the response and tips from the public. Lets hope they get the right tip.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2012, 03:39:51 PM »
Jobo, she was staying at the Nisku Inn, Nisku. (correction)

jb
ps. After reading debbiec post below - it just says a Nisku Hotel.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 05:47:01 PM by jellybean »

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2012, 03:55:43 PM »
Release of tape prompts tips in missing woman investigationwww.edmontonjournal.com, or at www.kare.ca and www.albertamissingpersons.ca.

Tuccaro is described as five foot six with brown eyes and shoulder-length black hair with blond streaks. She may have been wearing a purple Bench brand hoodie when she disappeared.

The Edmonton Journal

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/Release+tape+prompts+tips+missing+woman+investigation/7163916/story.html

expecting rain

• Truth is stranger than fiction.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2012, 06:07:09 PM »
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/story/2012/09/04/edmonton-missing-woman-remains.html

RCMP say human remains found on a rural property near Leduc, south of Edmonton, are those of Amber Tuccaro, who went missing from the area two years ago.

A human skull was found on Saturday by horseback riders east of Leduc, said Gerard MacNeil, unit commander of Project KARE.

Police said Tuccaro, 20, left her Nisku hotel room to catch a ride to Edmonton with a man two years ago.

She has not been seen since.

Tuccaro, who lived in Fort McMurray, was visiting Edmonton with her 14-month-old son Jacob and a female friend.

Last week, police released audio of a cellphone call in connection with the case, asking the public for help in identifying a male who was part of the call.

Tuccaro's family asked for privacy after the discovery was announced.

Project KARE is an RCMP-led unit mandated to investigate Alberta cases of murdered and missing persons whose vulnerable circumstances may have resulted in their disappearance.

SAP

« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2012, 06:27:25 PM »
RIP Amber. Condolences to family and friends. :'(

That was a stroke of luck that riders were out in that area. Now hoping that some of the tips pay off as well.

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2012, 09:43:56 PM »
Prayers to the family and friends. This is not the ending we were all hoping for.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2012, 11:26:43 PM »
Back to the voice - well, what region or province would you say he came from?  Homegrown Albertan?
Does he sound like a Maritimer, or someone from the Rock? Members from the Maritimes would know - yes, perhaps or not at all.

If not, then we could say that he is not from Nfld, nor the Maritimes.

How about Ontario? Does his speech sound as though he came from Ontario? Or is it impossible to tell?

Just wondering.

jb