Author Topic: Amber Alyssa TUCCARO - 20 - Missing - August 18, 2010 - Edmonton, AB  (Read 54759 times)

Carol-Lynn

« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 06:55:27 PM by Carol-Lynn »

solvy

• View Profile
Re: Amber Alyssa TUCCARO - 20 - Missing - August 18, 2010 - Edmonton, AB
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 10:51:51 PM »
Has Amber called home yet?

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2010, 08:07:51 PM »
There is a missing Facebook site devoted to Amber.  (I noticed that her last name is spelled with 2 c's- Tuccaro, if anyone is searching for news on her.

**FaceBook link removed
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 09:40:55 AM by debbiec »

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2010, 03:50:55 PM »
I couldn't find anything with the on 'c' but quite a bit with the two 'cc' so I think it would be safe to change. I haven't seen the official LE posting though.

Bobby Lee

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2010, 11:02:03 PM »
I was wondering if there is a picture of this girl, for the public to see. A person may recognize her face but not know her name.

Bobby Lee

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2010, 12:26:32 AM »
Thank you so much, i found out about this girl from her sister who is worried sick. 

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2010, 12:39:58 AM »
Welcome Bobby Lee.

If there is anything you would like to add about Amber, feel free.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 12:50:18 PM by debbiec »

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
RCMP appeal for help in case of missing Fort McMurray woman
Global News: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 2:35 PM

One year after the mysterious disappearance of a Fort McMurray woman, RCMP are again asking the public for assistance in locating her.

20-year-old Amber Alyssa Tuccaro was last heard from on August 18, 2010.

Tuccaro left her mother's home in Fort McMurray to travel to Nisku with a friend for a medical appointment. Her friend says Tuccaro left a hotel in Nisku late one night and never came back.

"I don't even want to think about it but I think that maybe something has happened to her because it's not like her," Tuccaro's mother Vivian told Global News at the time. "She always calls, I mean she's gone out before for a couple days or whatever but she always phones to check on her baby and to let me know that she's okay."

Tuccaro is approximately 5'1", 143 lbs with black hair and brown eyes. Anyone with information relating to her disappearance is asked to call RCMP at (780) 980-7267

http://www.iammissing.ca/Missing-M-1.html#Amber_Alyssa_Tuccaro_

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
I've posted a picture of Amber below.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile

SAP

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2012, 12:40:31 PM »
I can't get that recording to play.
Something does not sound right ... all that from Amber's cell phone ... when she was in the vehicle with the unknown man. Was he talking to her on his cell to her cell while sitting in the adjoining seat?

eta: Finally heard the recording at this link:

http://www.calgaryherald.com/RCMP+release+disturbing+important+recording+missing+Alberta+woman/7161628/story.html

Amber had received a call and her phone was still on when her conversation with the driver began. Pretty rough sounding voice he had. I hope whatever it was that police were able to get from the call will assist in finding Amber. Those words from the call devastated the family even  more. Thoughts and prayers are with them in their time of need. I wish I could help but I do not recognize the voice but sure hope someone out there does.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 12:52:21 PM by SAP »

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2012, 01:15:43 PM »
I've posted this aritcle in hopes that it will refresh people's memory about Amber's disappearance. Hopefully someone will recognize this man's voice and call the authorities. Contact numbers are listed in the article below. 

KARE releases new info in case missing Amber Tuccaro

Karyn Mulcahy, Global News : Tuesday, August 28, 2012 4:37 PM

EDMONTON - RCMP investigators from KARE have unveiled new evidence in the missing persons case of Amber Alyssa Tuccaro, who hasn't been seen since August 18, 2010.

On Tuesday, KARE investigators released a voice recording taken from a cellphone conversation between Tuccaro and an unknown male.

Police are calling the male a person of interest in Tuccaro's disappearance.

Tuccaro was last seen leaving a Nisku hotel room in 2010. Investigators say the call took place after Tuccaro left the hotel room.

The cell phone recording is approximately two minutes long, and is available online for the public to hear.

"We know that the voice on the tape belongs to a man who was in Amber's company after she was last seen, so identifying him is a critical piece in our investigation," said RCMP Staff Sergeant Gerard MacNeil of KARE in a written release. "We want the public to go online and listen to his voice. Our hope is that someone out there will recognize him and call us."

Some of the material on the tape is disturbing, as Tuccaro expresses concern about her whereabouts.

Amber Tuccaro is described as an Aboriginal female, 5'6" in height, and 144 lbs with brown eyes.

In 2010 when she vanished, Tuccaro was 20 years old with black hair with blonde streaks in it.

Anyone who can identify the voice on the tape or who knows anything about Tuccaro's disappearance is asked to call Project KARE toll free at 1-877-412-KARE (5273) or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477). Edmonton residents can also call KARE at 780-509-3356.http://www.globaltvedmonton.com/kare+releases+new+info+in+case+missing+amber+tuccaro/6442704642/story.html

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2012, 07:47:31 PM »
(My gosh, this thread was started Sept 5, 2010 by Carol Lynn)

At last - her case is being brought before the public.

Here is the explanation as to how RCMP were able to put out this recording.

They also have a recording of just the man's voice, editing out hers.
Apparently some tips are already coming in.
Keeping fingers crossed/jb

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/news/edmonton/Project+KARE+releases+disturbing+important+recording/7157446/story.htmlThe audio tapes can be found at www.edmontonjournal.com, or at www.kare.ca and www.albertamissingpersons.ca.

Anyone who recognizes the voice of the man on the recording is asked to immediately call investigators at 1-877-412-KARE (5273), or 780-509-3356.

SAP

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2012, 08:19:12 PM »
There's no gravel from the airport to 50th street and it's not even a direct route. Those roads leading back country to Nisku were all paved or hard top. He wasn't going to 50th street, imo. This is 2 years too late for Amber.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 08:30:41 PM by SAP »

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2012, 09:00:25 PM »
Yes, 2 years too late for Amber.

I heard the tape again, and Amber said ..... over.  Was she demanding  him to pull over?

The police said "vehicle" They did not say what type.  ie: car, truck, van.
Surely the witness would know what type of vehicle it was?
Why no  broad description of vehicle.
To me he sounds Caucasian, mature voice - in 30's or older.
He speaks matter of factly - no hesitation.  I kind of get the feeling that he speaks on truck radio or 2-way system frequently, judging  by his enunciation of streets.  He emphasizes 50th street, and his phrasing -- just north then he says south of Beaumont.  Sounds like a possible truck or commercial van driver to me.
Many truckers stay at the Nisku Inn.
But.... how can that be?
RCMP did not say truck driver.
I hope someone hears that tape and light bulbs go off!!
jb

« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 09:30:46 PM by jellybean »