Author Topic: Sonia Varaschin | 42 | Orangeville | Murder | August 29, 2010 | Part 1  (Read 653751 times)

Dew

• View Profile
Re: Sonia Varaschin | 42 | Orangeville | Murder | August 29, 2010 | Part 1
« Reply #1650 on: February 26, 2012, 11:09:41 PM »
"You have a point Dew, but I think, the vehicle was parked and likeley not touched or moved by anyone till forensics were finnished with it."

You're putting alot of faith in the Orangeville Police with that, art.   ;) 
Me, I have no faith in them.  At all. 

sunshine11

• View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: February 27, 2012, 06:17:50 AM »
Take a look at the resemblance in the nose as well - it's a quirky shape - let's hope this one turns out to be the one we're all hoping he is.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: February 27, 2012, 11:22:06 AM »
Concerned: Such a resemblance.  When the drawing of this person was first presented, I thought that this person looked "puffy", perhaps with a soft chubby physique.  But in comparing this devil to the picture it is uncanny.
They have dna from Shelley's attack as well as Sonia's. 
I missed out on the "physical description" of this evil man. If you have it, could you post it?
Re: the witness of Shelley's "possible attacker".  I wonder how close he or she was to him, and if this witness could identify him in a line-up.
Thanks Concerned for your post.  Great work!!
JB

Dew

• View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: February 27, 2012, 01:11:06 PM »
Hi, Jellybean.

Hope you and Concerned don't mind if I butt in and post what you're looking for....

here's the link to the pic and descript:  http://www.orangeville.com/feature/article/959601--man-seen-near-mono-attack

and here's the descript:

"

As both Concerned and Sunshine11 noted, the nose is distinct.

Dew

• View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: February 27, 2012, 01:20:35 PM »
JB, just reread your post above...not sure now if you mean the description of the SL POI or the person charged with Ms Flanagan's murder. 
Sorry if you meant the latter.

ETA:  I haven't come across any written description of AK (person charged in AF's case), but:  he is the right age, his build looks to be "average", his haircut is almost bang on, and he does appear "neat" (as opposed to dishevelled). 
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 01:25:50 PM by Dew »

Marley

« Reply #1655 on: February 27, 2012, 06:24:30 PM »
Concerned, I've noticed that a lot of these composite sketches have similar features and descriptions.  The sketch you posted in the SL assault was the exact sketch used by the OPP for a sexual assault suspect in the Barrie area last year.  I posted about this (with links to both identical sketches) in the thread about sexual assaults in the Barrie area but I can't find the thread now to link it.  Maybe this shouldn't be in Sonia's thread but I'm not sure where to put it  :o

I also did a quick search and found these sketches which (to me) appear similar to the SL/Barrie sketch.  Sorry, I don't know how to embed the pictures  :-[

http://www.timminstimes.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2846715&archive=true

http://www.thewhig.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=3097581

Mom

• I will always protect my child.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: February 27, 2012, 07:25:32 PM »

Other than they're all sketches, I don't see many similarities.

Ron

• View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: February 27, 2012, 08:06:40 PM »
Look at the eyes.............all extremely similar.

art-hu

• View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: February 27, 2012, 09:05:16 PM »
If you look at all three, full size, I also think that they are different suspects. Yes, the eyes are a bit similar, but the face shapes are all different. I see 3 different perps.

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: February 27, 2012, 10:18:35 PM »
This might have been posted before, but look at what the LE say about whether or not there is a connection to the Sonia case.  It makes me believe the DNA they have may not match Sonia's scene, but perhaps another. If so, Marley maybe there is a reason the sketch of the POI may be used in two different cases...perhaps the DNA match and/or witnesses believe they are the same. It would be interesting to know the circumstance of the other similar sketch. BTW, this is a theory and I have no proof of the real reasons for the comments made in the story. They just seem odd, but I have to believe the LE have a sound theory to make such  statements so publicly.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: February 29, 2012, 09:31:15 AM »
Since we are looking at all possible angles, here is an article which caught my eye.  Sonia worked for a pharma company approximately one month before her death.  Is it possible that someone had it in their head that perhaps Sonia had drug samples in her home? (We know that she was not hired as a pharma salesman), however.....

http://www.orangeville.com/news/local/article/1306274--elderly-man-assaulted-during-break-and-enter

By Bill Tremblay

Feb 27, 2012 - 3:10 PM
Elderly man assaulted during break and enterFollowing an investigation, police arrested a suspect at Headwaters Health Care Centre on Monday (Feb. 20). A 33-year-old Orangeville man is charged with theft of a motor vehicle, Theft under $5,000, robbery with a weapon, break and enter and two counts of fail to comply with undertaking.

JB

« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 10:10:07 AM by jellybean »

Dew

• View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: February 29, 2012, 10:22:36 AM »
"charged with theft of a motor vehicle, Theft under $5,000, robbery with a weapon, break and enter and two counts of fail to comply with undertaking."

No assault charge?

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: February 29, 2012, 04:19:01 PM »
Kindly read post 1673.
Didn't mean to interrupt the flow of "conversation", which could prove to bring some results as to who the perp may be in Sonia's case, so I have re-copied it again. (however, the copy function missed a great part of it)- sorry.
This might have been posted before, but look at what the LE say about whether or not there is a connection to the Sonia case.  It makes me believe the DNA they have may not match Sonia's scene, but perhaps another. If so, Marley maybe there is a reason the sketch of the POI may be used in two different cases...perhaps the DNA match and/or witnesses believe they are the same. It would be interesting to know the circumstance of the other similar sketch. BTW, this is a theory and I have no proof of the real reasons for the comments made in the story. They just seem odd, but I have to believe the LE have a sound theory to make such  statements so publicly.

foundintranslation

« Reply #1663 on: March 02, 2012, 11:33:54 AM »
Since we are looking at all possible angles, here is an article which caught my eye.  Sonia worked for a pharma company approximately one month before her death.  Is it possible that someone had it in their head that perhaps Sonia had drug samples in her home? (We know that she was not hired as a pharma salesman), however.....

JB

This is an interesting theory JB, which also made me think of another scenario - is it possible Sonia was getting pharmaceuticals for someone she knew? And maybe she made the decision to stop providing said person with the pharmaceuticals, triggering an enraged withdrawl? People will do crazy things to have access to drugs.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: March 02, 2012, 04:01:40 PM »
assumed,or hoped that she had drug samples in her home.  Sonia's work had to do with working with patients. It would not be within her character to be involved in anything other than professional care.
Sorry, if I possibly misled you into thinking that ...............

JB
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 04:08:22 PM by jellybean »