Author Topic: Sonia Varaschin | 42 | Orangeville | Murder | August 29, 2010 | Part 1  (Read 651337 times)

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
Re: Sonia Varaschin | 42 | Orangeville | Murder | August 29, 2010 | Part 1
« Reply #1335 on: September 29, 2011, 02:33:47 PM »
I guess the fact that he was supect enought that the police asked for a DNA sample or which he aluded he had not be cleared yet with a letter, plus the fact that he took a momento and used the word momento kind of got my hackles up abit???????????????????????? what does every one think, worth look into more or just a mouth piece

amIam

« Reply #1336 on: September 29, 2011, 03:15:42 PM »
Just another person with mental issues, in my opinion. Such a sad state of affairs, really that as a result of the Internet, anyone can post anything, anywhere.  There was a time when claims such as these went though to police and could be weeded out, not so now.   

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: September 29, 2011, 03:41:36 PM »
Yes...probably doesn't like the cops...and is being a jerk because he is innocent of murder, but still unbalanced.   I thought the facebook group should not discourage him from yakking, because who knows, he might have access to more info from the streets then you'd think. 

Jessica-

• The truth will come to light; murder cannot be hid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: September 29, 2011, 10:53:23 PM »
Where is the link for that guy?

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: September 29, 2011, 11:39:27 PM »
Go on facebook and type in In Loving Memory of Sonia Varaschin....you will find it that way.

Jessica-

• The truth will come to light; murder cannot be hid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: September 30, 2011, 12:41:22 AM »
Thankyou :)

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: September 30, 2011, 05:58:20 AM »
I guess it is the fact that he took a momento that gets me.  Isn't that what serial killers do?  Sick at any rate to post that on her memorial site in my opinion.

redbeard

• Author of Cold North Killers, coming March 3, 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: September 30, 2011, 02:28:17 PM »
Eyeswideopen - Yes, it's a common behaviour among serial killers and lust-murderers in general.  I'd definitely be taking a closer look at that guy. 

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: October 02, 2011, 08:57:07 AM »
Red, I wonder if the police had planted a cop at that memorial and had taken pictures. I went onto the Facebook and couldn't find that persons comment, so I believe it was removed.

Of interest to me, was one person who said that the police have an eye on one person and is watching him.
So, if that is true, then the police may think that this guy is still in Orangeville or somewhere within their reach.

Shelly Loder, I think there was a question as to where her studio was situated.  The family lived in an old farmhouse bungalow, and her studio was a seperate building beside it. Her husband was re-finishing the inside of the farmhouse to restore it - at least that was their plan, (according to the only interview given by her husband)
This is why I had wondered if perhaps a tradesman was used by Shelley and Sonia.

The laundromat. - According to a poster on Websleuth (who lives in Orangeville - I gather) said that the nite Sonia was murdered, cop cars were parked in front of the laundromat.  That they often park there.  So I am wondering if  perhaps "cop cars" turned into Forensic wagon.
Where is the police station from the laundromat?
If the forensic vehicle was parked in front of the laundromat, it just may be that it is the only place for them to park in that area.
If the laundromat was used by the killer, would police tapes be put around it, and wouldn't witnesses see the Forensic people go into the laundromat?
Also noted that the video re: the reporter said that the forensic van  was parked in the alley way in front of the laundromat, but this was in winter, Sonia was murdered in August. Perhaps the van was there to do forensics on the apartment on the other side of the alleyway??
Since this was done in winter, ...........
JB

« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 10:39:55 AM by jellybean »

sunshine11

• View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: October 02, 2011, 09:04:29 AM »
JB - the police station is no where close to the laundrymat - a 5 minute drive at best.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: October 02, 2011, 09:30:13 AM »
Thanks Sunshine! Re; Police Stn.
Shelley and her husband moved into their property in Mono 8 years ago(taken from the time of the attack)
Sonia lived in her townhouse 3 years (taken from the time of her murder.)

Wellwell, your link to the video of the ex FBI was interesting.  The part where he said, the killer may also have had confidence that should he be stopped, he would of had a good reason for being there (I am assuming in the killers two stops), I am thinking especially in the area where he left her.
He did talk about a possible stalker as well.
Sonia's area was confined, and there were always kids outside,, and in the little park around Sonia's house.  Kids have been taught to be wary of strangers, and if they saw someone creeping around from time to time, one of them would of reported it to the parents (I would think) The only report of a male at or around Sonia's home, was her boyfriend who was seen there occassionaly, according to Sonia's neighbour(s).
That says alot, in that neighbours can and do notice things - especially a man around Sonia's home.
So, I don't feel that she and her house  was snooped upon by a stranger with a fascination for her.
Just my feeling and opinion.

JB

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: October 02, 2011, 09:57:21 AM »
Check out the bloodied item under the bush at Sonia's home via this video. What is the item? Sure,  further down the walk there is a piece of paper, but what does the item on the sidewalk under the bush look like to you? It doesn't look like paper to me.

http://www.citytv.com/toronto/citynews/news/local/article/104809--police-reveal-possible-traits-of-sonia-varaschin-s-killer

JB

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: October 02, 2011, 10:37:07 AM »
Jellybean, perhaps these three photos will help. One item was under the bush. One was on the step (green). One was on walkway to driveway. These were grabbed from the video you referred to.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: October 02, 2011, 10:46:26 AM »
Thank you Concerned. This is very helpful.  Re: item under the bush, in the video the sun is shining through one end of the item, and it appears to be clearer, in that the item is whiter. In the photo, it looks like it could be newsprint. In the video it looks like it could be cotton material.

JB

wellwell

• View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: October 02, 2011, 11:13:35 AM »
Isn't it strange how a laundromat played a role in Sonia's case and the case of Audrey Gleave?

The First Laundromat in Orangeville was mentioned in the video I posted recently, with a reporter in the alley where the laundromat is located. The reporter interviewed some people who live in apartments above that alley. This report was done soon after the Shelley Loder attack, which was the reason for revisiting what happened in Sonia's case. IIRC, people were wondering if the two crimes were linked, as we still are.

Back to the rumor about blood being found in the Tim Horton's near Sonia's house. Isn't it possible that the police went to the laundromat after being called to the Tim Horton's? Assuming for a moment that the rumor is true, police might not have been aware at that time that Sonia had murdered, nor that bedding had gone missing from her home.

The man (now released, with charges dropped) arrested for Audrey Gleave's murder in Ancaster was arrested in a laundromat in Brantford. Audrey Gleave's murder took place in late December, 2010. Who uses laundromats? People who don't have laundry facilities where they are living, travellers, workers who have overalls (some laundromats have special heavy duty machines reserved for work coveralls, etc. that might be covered in oil, tar and mortar), and people who occasionally need to wash large items like comforters. Some people could use them for nefarious purposes, like bleaching away evidence of crime.

Has anyone learned exactly what Sonia's work at the pharmaceutical company involved? Was there any testing of medical devices or medical imaging, etc.? These could be relevant to pharmaceuticals, as it all ties together as part of the treatment process. Was Sonia working with patients who would require painkillers such as narcotics?

Shelley Loder appears to have relocated her photo studio to her home in Mono not long before she was attacked. Soon after her case made the news, I checked the location of Creative Photography by Shelley Lorraine. It was appearing in various directories at the location in Orangeville near Sonia's house. Now it is appearing in most of those directories as the Mono address. So although she and her husband bought the Mono property several years ago, it seems that Shelley kept her studio in Orangeville for some time.

As for the green item, it's one of those plastic plant pots that come from greenhouses.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 11:31:11 AM by wellwell »