Author Topic: Sonia Varaschin | 42 | Orangeville | Murder | August 29, 2010 | Part 1  (Read 656037 times)

lost_souls

Re: Sonia Varaschin | 42 | Orangeville | Murder | August 29, 2010 | Part 1
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2010, 09:52:23 PM »
Apparently she did not show up for work in Missausaga on monday at her new job, police have said her boyfriend was ruled out as a suspect and a member of the public had reported to police that they heard a gun shot. Perhaps she interupted an intruder which would possibly explain the two crime scenes. This does not look good,  police also stated that they think she knew her attacker.
members of the public are now being asked to check their rural properties.
My heart goes out to her family.

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2010, 07:42:38 AM »
News conference scheduled for today (doesn't say when):

MISSING ORANGEVILLE WOMAN(UPDATE)
September 3, 2010

Police will hold a news conference today to discuss the disappearance of Sonia Varaschin.

The Orangeville nurse has been missing since Monday.

O-P-P Detective-Inspector Mark Pritchard says evidence suggests the 42-year-old was not attacked by a stranger, but likely by someone she knew.

Varaschin's blood-splattered car was discovered abandoned in a laneway early Monday morning and blood was also found in her home.
http://www.fm93.ca/home/NewsInfo/GeneralNewsDetail/tabid/1406/Default.aspx?id=14664

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2010, 03:57:55 PM »

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2010, 03:33:48 PM »
I wonder if someone had a fatal attraction for Sonia....And somehow managed to talk his way into her home.  Perhaps he tried to sexually assault her and ended up shooting her and had to dispose of her and the bedding (DNA?).   I also wonder if the perp removed Sonia's body in her car and then drove to where his was, I believe somewhere near Broadway, in Orangeville..   Her car was found with doors and trunk open..was her body in the trunk, and other evidence just thrown in her car? and then transferred to his vehicle?  At that point he took the body elsewhere to dispose of her.  And there is a lot of bush around there. 

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2010, 04:06:39 PM »
It could be a home invasion. But what seems strange to me is that whoever did this removed her from the area. Perhaps she put up one heck of a struggle. It isn't easy moving a person, unless they can assist. (I'm having a hard time with the theories in that the family may be reading and well, I wouldn't want to put them through more than they possibly are going through, so I'll try to be delicate here).  One scenario says maybe it was a struggle in the house, transported in vehicle, transferred.  I would tend to believe she would still be alive. Otherwise, why transport. It is not easy to move a person's weight, there was a lot of blood, and why put even more evidence in a vehicle that may be owned by the perp(s).

We must not assume that all the blood was hers, maybe she put up a huge fight and the perp(s) were injured. Would be interesting to know whose blood may be elsewhere.

Wonder if her boyfriend has any friends that may have wanted to make a point. Or, did she have an old jealous boyfriend? Why did she leave the one job? Take any restraining orders out on anyone? Mentioned that anyone creeped her out lately?

And, there has to be some science to the gruesome nature of the evidence left behind. What type of person commits that kind of act, to that extent? Anyone released from jail recently with that kind of background? Any that live in the area? Any of her recent patients? Co-workers? Did she turn someone down at a social event lately?

Have there been are burglaries? Perhaps she walked in on a burglary of her own place and surprised the burglars, that didn't quite know what to do at that point.

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2010, 10:26:26 AM »
No words.
Human remains found near Orangeville
http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/Canada/20100905/orangeville-remains-found-100905/

amIam

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2010, 10:48:04 PM »
Bittersweet news. It is probably her, but it also means she is no longer with us. I hope we know soon and then catch the mega dirt bag who did this. It sounds like a very Gruesome murder happened.

amIam

« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2010, 05:22:57 AM »

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2010, 06:09:47 AM »
Interesting article, amIam. Some thoughts while reading it: 1) what would make a nurse at a hospital for sick children switch jobs to being employed for a pharmaceutical company?  2) Could the perp  have thought or known that she got samples and have tried to gain access to drugs for a terrible drug habit?  3) I'm assuming the killer's foot prints, finger prints, and tire prints are all over the crime scene(s) if there was as much blood as they say. 4) It seems when the killer returned to the area with her vehicle, it may have been to get to his/her vehicle. Cameras on or around the parking area?   Let's face it the killer did a lot of traveling. That "electronic shadow" they mention may have a few clues of its own.

Varaschin, formerly a nurse at the Hospital for Sick Children, was employed by a Mississauga pharmaceutical companyIt is believed the assailant drove Varaschin out of town in her own car, then returned to the parkette area and dumped the vehicle.
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/article/857184--dimanno-a-chilling-find-but-no-end-to-family-s-wait?bn=1

amIam

« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2010, 02:40:58 PM »
Good thoughts and good questions Concerned.  Perhaps Sonia left Sick Kids for emotional reasons, I I know of someone who worked there as a nurse and just couldn't take it any longer.  I am unaware of how long Sonia lived in Orangeville but perhaps commuting to Mississauga for work was much easier than downtown Toronto.  Sonia worked for a pharmaceutical company but am unsure whether or not her job involved sales and samples ( that info is probably on this site)  LE have stated or the media have reported them as saying it was someone known to her.  So I gather from that, there was no sign of forced entry??  Or perhaps Sonia felt so secure she left her door unlocked? I just wish they had been more forthcoming with info far earlier..it probably wouldn't have helped but one never knows...I still think more than one person was involved, hence her car with the two front doors found open..but why the trunk?  Did he/they transport her remains to that location and place her in another vehicle? Seems to me this huge focus and public request from LE to be on the look out for the bottom bed sheet and comforter was ridiculous...but that's just my opinion.

lost_souls

« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2010, 05:22:56 PM »
Sonia worked in pediatrics at Southlake Hospital in Newmarket, I know people who work there.
I wondered if mabey the drug company she worked for has a connection in missisauga, perhaps someone followed her from Missisauga or perhaps she walked in on an intruder. I hope the police release more information soon.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2010, 05:59:52 PM »
I definitely think Sonia was killed by someone she knew. Who was she dealing with in her medical profession? Was there any indication of why she would leave her job and find another?? Was there someone who was harrassing her on the job, we've all been there, harrassment in the work place. She may have felt, I will get another job and get out of this stressful situation. There are people in the work place that are obsessed sometimes with harrassing someone. I believe the police will have someone in custody on this case before long. And a total of three different crime scenes, this will be a detective's  dream come true. There will be an abundance of forensic evidence, especially if the investigation is done thoroughly on this case. Hoping the person is off the street very quickly that did this horrible crime. My thoughts and prayers are with her family and friends at this time.

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2010, 08:36:51 PM »
lost_souls, with your contacts was there any word of any problems at work, or any reason as to why she may have left that job?