Author Topic: Another Missing in St. John's - Samantha Goodyear  (Read 5536 times)

ladyt

• View Profile
Another Missing in St. John's - Samantha Goodyear
« on: August 19, 2010, 07:17:49 PM »
A desperate central Newfoundland father has been scouring St. John's for his missing daughter.

Gilbert Goodyear, of Noggin Cove, near Carmanville, told CBC News Tuesday that Samantha, 20, has disappeared without a trace.

Goodyear said he hasn't heard from his daughter since they spoke on the phone Sunday.

"She said, 'Good night Dad. Loves ya. Talk to you tomorrow night,'" he said.

Samantha was in St. John's taking summer courses at Memorial University of Newfoundland.

She had her own apartment and called home every night.

When she didn't call Monday, the Goodyears asked a friend in town to check on her. They said her door was locked. The lights were off and nobody answered.

They found Samantha's apartment undisturbed and empty when they arrived in St. John's early Tuesday morning.

Her father has been combing the city, handing out photographs of Samantha and putting up posters asking for help.

"I just want my daughter back. I want her back. I want to hold her, my baby, in my arms. I know she's only 20-years-old, but she's my little girl," he said.

Goodyear said the situation is baffling and frightening.

Samantha is an honours student who is studying to be a teacher.

The Royal Newfoundland Constabulary issued a missing persons alert Tuesday.

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/newfoundland-labrador/story/2010/08/18/nl-goodyear-missing-818.html#ixzz0x6XLv7v9

Facebook Group:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=6911991&fbid=460819066139&id=552961139#!/group.php?gid=151739771508808&ref=ts

Concerned

• View Profile
Re: Another Missing in St. John's - Samantha Goodyear
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 08:54:04 PM »
I was reading the comments on the news article and this one appeared:

We've had three ladies go missing in the St. John's area since the start of July; could these situations be related? I really hope that this young lady is found soon, I feel for her family.

Is this true? 3 missing with no trace in a month? Who are the others. And, can we post a pic of her for everyone to look for.

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 09:39:04 PM »
Yes C.... Anne Marie Shirran is also from St. John's ... I don't know off hand who the third person is... God help them be alive.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 09:41:03 PM by lostlinganer »

lostlinganer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 09:40:06 PM »
Here's Samantha.... hope there are NFLD's reading and watching for this poor girl.

ladyt

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 04:06:20 PM »
I don't think there's 3, just 2. Not sure what that person was talking about.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2010, 09:35:33 PM »
This is very disturbing. I would say that Samantha possibly made a date with somebody and if she was not close to anyone telling what she was doing and where she was going, she could have met up with the wrong individual. She trusted the wrong person, I would say. She could have gone out for a coffee or something and met up with someone. Would she have gone to a bar or something by herself? And who was living next door to her and were there any sex offenders living close by. I pray that they find Samantha. Why do all of the young women think that just because we are on the east coast that they are really safe. Years ago it was a lot safer then it is now. Be very wary of who you hang around with and always be with several friends. Young people are too trusting when they meet up with new people. Hoping she is safe. ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

ladyt

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2010, 05:42:50 AM »
Samantha Goodyear has been found (or walked home, for that matter)!
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/newfoundland-labrador/story/2010/08/23/missing-student-found-rnc-8.html

lostlinganer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2010, 07:06:49 AM »
Thank you ladyt and thank God for giving this family a second chance. 

There are more than a few bloggers upset on the news article.  They feel they have the right to know immediately what happened, where Samantha had been; others feel the only important issue is that she is alright.  She was taken off to be checked at hospital.  I'm sure we'll hear more, whatever it is.

ladyt

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2010, 11:46:15 AM »
There is no criminal activity involved in this case. She left on her own free will for reasons we may never know. Either way, she's home safe and sound.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2010, 04:00:35 PM »
Thanks LadyT for the update. It is a great relief to her family that she has been found. Whatever reasons are that she went missing, it is not a good thing to do to her family. I hope that she will get some help for whatever reason she has left home. Great news that she is found safe.

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2010, 09:04:42 PM »
Oh, dear Samantha, I don't care if we know, or we don't know....I am so very happy you are with us. And, your family has you under their wing. This is really good news. Really good news!