Author Topic: Evan Tremley missing / Ontario  (Read 3369 times)

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
Evan Tremley missing / Ontario
« on: August 07, 2010, 01:59:42 PM »

If this should go in any particular section of Ontario, perhaps somebody could re-post it to the proper section.  ...then I will try to get this one removed.

Two weeks is a long time.... it would help if people also copy this link to their facebook sites ...especially in Ontario.

My 15 year old boy, Evan Trembley, is missing.
He has been missing for now two weeks.

Maybe if everyone passes this on, someone will see this child.
That is how the girl from Stevens Point was found by circulation
of her picture on tv. The internet circulates even overseas,
South America , and Canada etc.
Please pass this to everyone in your address book.
With GOD on his side he will be found.

'I am asking you all, begging you to please
forward this email on to anyone and everyone
you know, PLEASE.

It is still
not too late. Please help us. If anyone
knows anything, please contact me at:
HelpfindEvanTrembley@yahoocom < mailto:HelpfindEvanTrembley@yahoocom&nbsp;
I am including a picture of him.

All prayers are appreciated! ! '

It only takes 2 seconds to forward this.

If it was your child, you would want all the help you could get!!

Debbie Campaigne
Hockley Valley , On
dcampaigne@sympatico.ca

« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 02:01:48 PM by lostlinganer »

Woodland

• View Profile
Re: Evan Tremley missing / Ontario
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2010, 03:17:00 PM »
It would be helpful if his mother or someone else could provide a little more info -

When was the last time he was seen?  Two weeks from when?
Was he with anyone?  At home?  On his way somewhere?

I see where Hockley is, near Orangeville, but is Hockley Valley the same place?  I can find Hockley Valley as a road or resort, but not a town.

Thanks - and good luck to the family.

SAP

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 03:23:24 PM »
http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/missing/trembley.asp

According to Snopes...a hoax. This is confusing. Who would do something like that and get people's heartstrings pulled?
I googled Evan Trembley missing and it comes up as a hoax.  :o

There's also a facebook site that shows the letter has been circulating with various names for a few years. These people are sick!!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 03:36:50 PM by SAP »

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2010, 03:52:39 PM »
Sap; I just checked it out and got the same thing.  Where do they get people's emails addies from for these?  I received this from maureen (member on here)  .......shall we delete this thread or put it on a "hoax list" Chris???

SAP

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2010, 05:55:12 PM »
When people don't hide the mailing list to whom they are sending something, or don't take off the addy's when something has been sent to them before sending it onward, e-mail addy's can go a long way, to hundreds/thousands  of people.

I got a strange invitation from a close work friend, asking me to join a group I didn't think she would join. I didn't open it but e-mailed her and asked if she sent me such an invitation and she hadn't. So somewhere along the line someone with not so good intentions received forwards with all the addy's. I always delete others' addy's if I send something along and after a virus hit, I stopped altogether.

Another trick that was pulled on me was by Yahoo.com.nx or something to the affect on the last 2 letters. Yahoo told me if I don't use my account they would cancel it. I use it alot. they also asked for my correct addy and password and said if I didn't provide it my account would be closed.
I mailed Yahoo help center and sent them a copy including the headers, and of course it was a scam. So I answered the scam, telling them they have been reported; that Yahoo.com has all their info. I never heard from them again.