Author Topic: Curtis Barry | 49 | Bradford | Missing July 19, 2010  (Read 130321 times)

missingu

• View Profile
Re: Curtis Barry | 49 | Bradford | Missing July 19, 2010
« Reply #390 on: February 07, 2014, 07:34:13 PM »
Thanks Capeheart, really appreciate you thinking of us.

Now another family going through this, the Boucher's. Both cases are quite similar, and the police cannot deem it as accidental or homicide or anything as they just don't know. As in our case, there are only a few scenarios, being they chose to disappear on their own accord, they committed suicide, foul play suspected, or accident. Unfortunately they can't rule anything in or out as they just don't know. It's astounding to think no clues at all in either case.

In our case, our dogs didn't return home, they were both found in separate places, one being on Curtis' walking route by the factories, and the other, along the route in town at Home Hardware.

At the time, there was a lot of construction in our area as the road was being widened, and lots of traffic, construction vehicles etc. At one point, we thought he had possibly been hit by a backhoe as there were people illegally dumping in the area which he walked. We did find footprints which one of our friends marked with a stone, and we found a water bottle with stones in it......the type that Curtis used to throw for the dogs on his route. We went to the police as the dumping area was being consistently filled with debris over a few day period. They took canine out there, but didn't find anything at all.

We also found 3 grow ops at one point way back in the bush, so you just never know if Curtis may have stumbled on something he wasn't supposed to see.

You never stop looking over your shoulder or being less trusting of people when something like this happens. It's a constant emotional rollercoaster that just doesn't go away. You just have to learn to live with it hoping that one day the answers will come. Ambiguous loss is the worst kind, as you just don't know what really happened.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #391 on: February 08, 2014, 12:24:02 PM »
missingu, when Curtis first went missing and I do remember the area was supposed to be a very active place regarding construction. I did mention that maybe a vehicle hit him and they covered it up, the accident. Also, I also mentioned that maybe he walked into something illegal, he could have seen a crime being committed, ie, he could have witnessed a murder. I mean this was early in the morning and people commit odd crimes at that time of day. Now if he walked into someone pulling their M plants or whatever, that would be it, they would have eliminated him. I didn't realize about the dogs, but I just knew they were found, thought they came home on their own. If grow ops were found, that could be the thing right there. But Jeffrey and Curtis both were out in the early hours of the morning. Curtis in the summer and Jeffrey in the winter. Both could have been accidental deaths that were covered up by someone that intentionally committed a crime or an unintentional accident and covered up, but then if they covered it up, it is a crime.  Maybe someone will come forward some day and tell the truth. But if there is a reward for information, someone just may need the money and come forward. Don't know if there is a reward in Jeffrey's case. It has to be on your mind all the time and never leave you, to walk  by the area where he was that morning and not know what happened.

DEVASTATED

• View Profile
« Reply #392 on: October 11, 2014, 07:31:08 AM »
Another Holiday with Family. Very painful as we are all missing you so much .Where ever you may be Happy Thanksgiving .A day does not go by that we do not think of you .We will never give up hope .

Love You
DEVASTATED

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #393 on: July 14, 2015, 06:53:32 PM »
Five long years. Hugs to the family and hopes that this will end and Curts finds his way home so family can enjoy him again. I keep praying for the family that it's a big misunderstanding, and Curts will come home soon.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #394 on: July 17, 2015, 11:33:16 AM »
I also think that Curtis is out there somewhere. Whatever was on his mind and why he disappeared is something we may never know. But it seems like he disappeared on his own. No trace was ever found of him and that is very unusual. The police must feel the same way about the situation. I don't remember if we said anything on here related to any person who is a forensic clairvoyant that could have something to say on Curtis's case. It is difficult for the family to ever believe what happened. But it would be better to think that he is out there somewhere well and that he will come back home at some point. Thoughts and prayers always to those concerned about Curtis. :o :o :o :o

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: November 01, 2016, 06:48:59 PM »
I also think that Curtis is out there somewhere. Whatever was on his mind and why he disappeared is something we may never know. But it seems like he disappeared on his own. No trace was ever found of him and that is very unusual. The police must feel the same way about the situation. I don't remember if we said anything on here related to any person who is a forensic clairvoyant that could have something to say on Curtis's case. It is difficult for the family to ever believe what happened. But it would be better to think that he is out there somewhere well and that he will come back home at some point. Thoughts and prayers always to those concerned about Curtis. :o :o :o :o

Capeheart, I have been thinking of Curtis too.  Especially the last two weeks. I too wonder if he left on his own - reasons of which are unknown.
Perhaps it is because of his having sleeping problems shortly before he disappeared, that makes me wonder if he had something on his mind, was worried about something or other.

The industrial pathway was checked. It isn't as though he was totally walking in the boonies, he was walking around construction sites, traffic etc. In other words for the most part,  he was surrounded by buildings and hustle and bustle of people.

No remains have been found.

There was a mention of a river however... not much more was said about it
Was this river checked out?

Hopefully all Woodlots were checked - dogs were used in searches, and nothing...he simply vanished.

quote from post 323

he dogs were picked up, running loose in the area of Dissette St. and Bridge St. later that morning, but despite repeated searches of the dense bush between Bradford and the Holland River, by police, volunteers and canine units, no trace has ever been found of the missing man.

Hopefully he is still out there.  Thoughts go out to the family. Hope all is well with them.

jb

« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 09:32:32 PM by jellybean »

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #396 on: November 03, 2016, 11:07:26 AM »
I still think about the disappearance of Curtis many times and even this week thought about this case. Some cases just keep coming back to your mind. That a person would go for a morning walk that they do regularly and not come back without a trace is very unusual. The fact that Curtis was not sleeping, it could be a clue. I mean he could have been planning on disappearing and starting a new life under an assumed name. People have been known to do that. Maybe he had a new identity, maybe he was saving money in a secret place and he did leave earlier on that particular day. There are some things to think about. No body was found. Nobody came forward with any information that was able to lead them anywhere to any particular conclusion as to what happened to Curtis. But the fact there was grow op place not far away, just maybe the big clue. I would try going to a psychic, one who is an investigative type that do work for police departments, they maybe able to help. I think I mentioned this before. There are credible people who are doing this and possibly would do it for free. Still thinking of you and know that every day that goes by, you are thinking of your Curtis and wondering about where he is, God bless. :o :o :o :o :o :o