Author Topic: Nadine Taylor, Halifax NS went missing July 31, 2010  (Read 38223 times)

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile

capeheart

• View Profile
Re: Nadine Ann Taylor missing, Halifax,NS
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2010, 08:01:34 PM »
I do believe the police are looking into the person that was charged in an abduction and sexual assault recently, as a POI in the disappearance of Nadine Ann Taylor. On CTV news it was reported that the police were at the persons's home for three days collecting evidence. This is one bad dude and could be responsible for a lot of missing women in the Halifax area.  :o :o :o :o :o

shantie

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2010, 11:13:49 PM »

Well I can tell you all for sure being that I know Nadine all too well that she is certainly not off in BC she has no ties there or anywhere else for that matter! Girlfriend is married to the streets and everything that comes with it and this is her home! She would never leave for Toronto or any of that with anybody for any reason! Nadines Nadine and she is afraid of nothing and wouldnt have taken it lying down! Shes strong as hell and could get out of any hold...any man...freak...trick. Until now.
There is nothing much that could keep her from these streets and gettin her money and I also know that with Nadine...lol...if some trick showed up flashin all kinds of money and wantin to take her out of town to smoke and party with him she would take his money and take his dope and she'd be gone! Lol...thats Nadine!
The cops better fry this fucker whoever it ends up being and as far as "Victor" and "street justice" thats just ridiculous! I dont see no people she know from the godamm streets workin round the clock to find her and bring this dude to justice! Nope no o

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2010, 05:24:09 PM »
This person who is arrested for a violent sexual assault, does sound like he is capable of murder. And this person had tied up an individual or attempted to tie them up. So something could have gone terribly wrong for Nadine. And if she was a fighter and thought she could handle anyone, this could very well have been the reason that she has disappeared. And if she was not one to move anywhere, she surely would have notified someone by now that she is okay. I truly hope that she is found safe, but it does not sound good for Nadine's safe return. Sure hope she does show up safe and sound.  ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Eternal

• View Profile

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2010, 02:17:33 PM »
Case now considered a homicide.

Missing woman's case now a homicide: Police
By QMI AGENCY
Last Updated: September 23, 2010 2:44pm
The case of a missing Halifax woman is now a homicide investigation, police say.

Nadine Taylor, 29, was reported missing July 31. Her boyfriend saw her last on July 28.

"Based on the ongoing investigation, investigators believe Ms. Taylor has met with foul play and are treating the case as a homicide," Const. Brian Palmeter said in a release.

Local media say Taylor worked as a prostitute. The Chronicle Herald reported Thursday police are interviewing a man who is already in custody for allegedly sexually assaulting a different woman, also a prostitute, this summer.

Friends and family concerned about Taylor's whereabouts have started a Facebook group, asking people to watch for her.

One friend called Taylor a "strong, independent woman" who "is not the silent type."
http://www.torontosun.com/news/canada/2010/09/23/15453021.html

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2010, 03:16:52 PM »
Prostitutes live a very precarious life style.  We know that ! They know that! It saddens me, that she has not been found.  I am relieved that her life mattered to LE and that are continuing to look for her.  But the outcome does not  bode well.   I believe that this thread was started by her mother, and providing a picture?  She has family, and she does count.!! Every one counts! How a man can use and abuse a woman for a few dollars is beyond me. How a woman can accept the abuse is also beyond me. A large part of a woman placed in that situation is DRUGS, being hooked on them!!  And the outcome can often be horrific. But you can talk to them until you are blue in the face, and yet these females still must continue on, because the drugs dictate to their brains, that they must!!

Peace be with NADINE

jb
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 03:28:00 PM by jellybean »

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2010, 07:06:38 PM »
The police were on the news last evening and said they are now treating Nadine's case as a homicide. I believe the police will solve this case.  :o :o :o :o

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2010, 09:38:38 PM »
Story out Friday in The Chronicle Herald says:

It has many other charges and background info on the suspected, but not confirmed, suspect.

http://thechronicleherald.ca/Front/1203609.html

Carol-Lynn

« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2010, 07:24:28 AM »
http://www.edmontonsun.com/news/canada/2010/09/23/15453271.html

Missing woman's case now a homicide. :'(

The case of a missing Halifax woman is now a homicide investigation, police say.

Nadine Taylor, 29, was reported missing July 31. Her boyfriend saw her last on July 28.

"Based on the ongoing investigation, investigators believe Ms. Taylor has met with foul play and are treating the case as a homicide," Const. Brian Palmeter said in a release.

Local media say Taylor worked as a prostitute. The Chronicle Herald reported Thursday police are interviewing a man who is already in custody for allegedly sexually assaulting a different woman, also a prostitute, this summer.

Friends and family concerned about Taylor's whereabouts have started a Facebook group, asking people to watch for her.

One friend called Taylor a "strong, independent woman" who "is not the silent type."

:'( RIP. Her family has started a facebook page for her and it was noted that her shoe was found in a home of a POI, I hope they have an arrest soon.

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2010, 08:48:37 AM »
surely this piece of crap will get charged;  police must (hopefully) want to get it right and hit him hard .... I hope they don't mess this up, and an example is set here, and followed.  The authorities around here seem to be getting it right lately??? ..... leaving that in the air since the same bunch are turning a blind eye on at least two cold cases ..... which were deliberately pushed aside on instructions from the big brass upstairs, according to a retired investigator.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2010, 06:10:06 PM »
Lostlinger:  I totally agree with you. Prostitutes are considered to be a piece of trash.  They were at one time, a beautiful baby, a young child with  hopes and dreams.  Need I say more?

Kattnipp

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2010, 04:00:27 PM »
Was there an update in this case? I was speaking to one of my family members today and she thought there was an update.

Annette

Maureen

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2010, 04:18:46 PM »
What I heard on the news is they found Nadine's body, they will not say how she died and Stephen Laffin is charged with her murder.

Edsonmom

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2010, 09:01:27 AM »
By CBC News, cbc.ca, Updated: October 27, 2010 12:41 PM
N.S. man accused of murdering prostitute

A Nova Scotia man accused of kidnapping and brutalizing a prostitute has been charged with second-degree murder in the case of another sex worker who disappeared three months ago.

Steven Laffin, 36, is accused of killing Nadine Taylor, police announced Wednesday in Halifax.

Taylor, 29, was reported missing on July 31. Nearly two months later, police said they were investigating her disappearance as a homicide.

"This was a complicated investigation in that Nadine's body has yet to be located and we have reason to believe that we will not be able to locate her remains," police said Wednesday.

Laffin, from Dartmouth, is charged with abduction, forcible confinement, aggravated sexual assault and uttering death threats in connection with an Aug. 16 attack on a sex-trade worker.

Investigators spent several days searching his house on Weyburn Road after his arrest.

Police said they had information from witnesses and physical evidence that led them to charge Laffin with Taylor's death, but they didn't give details.

Left to make call

Taylor was last seen on the evening of July 28.

Gene Hape said his girlfriend left her Halifax home to make a call from a payphone because she didn't have her own phone. She never returned, and he called police three days later.

Taylor was a known prostitute, but police aren't saying whether she was working at the time she was killed.

Both Hape and Taylor's father declined an interview with CBC News. Hape said he was too upset to talk.

Stepping Stone, a group for sex-trade workers in the Maritimes, issued a statement Wednesday saying there are more missing women.

Staff, volunteers and the people who use Stepping Stone's services are relieved that charges have been laid and "hope that justice will prevail," the short message reads.

Charges laid

Earlier this year, Laffin was charged with sexual assault with a knife. But that charge was dropped in June because the alleged victim, a sex worker, did not show up to court, court records show.

A 29-year-old sex-trade worker told CBC a harrowing story about an attack on her in August that led to the string of charges against Laffin.

She said she got into a man's car in Spryfield, and he drove her to a parking lot.

The woman said the man grabbed her throat and choked her. She said when she regained consciousness, her mouth was covered in duct tape and her ankles and wrists were bound.

She said as the man sexually assaulted her, he slammed her face into the ground and said he would kill her.

The woman said she was stuffed into the trunk of the man's car, but managed to escape.

Laffin is currently at the Central Nova Scotia Correctional Facility. He is expected to be in court on Thursday to face the second-degree murder charge.

External Links

http://news.ca.msn.com/canada/cbc-article.aspx?cp-documentid=26110363