Author Topic: Nadine Taylor, Halifax NS went missing July 31, 2010  (Read 37868 times)

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
Nadine Taylor, Halifax NS went missing July 31, 2010
« on: August 04, 2010, 08:42:37 PM »
Halifax Regional Police are asking for public help to locate a city woman who was reported missing on Saturday.

The family of Nadine Anne Taylor, 29, contacted police that evening, but said she was last seen on Wednesday, July 28. http://thechronicleherald.ca/Front/9017452.html
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 02:50:11 PM by Chris »

lostlinganer

• View Profile
Re: Nadine Ann Taylor missing, Halifax,NS
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 02:16:10 PM »
victor; I hope and pray (with all I've got) that Nadine just saw fit to disappear off radar for a bit... she might have good reason.  We have to be optimistic and believe she's safe. 

If you can find any details at all, will you keep us informed.  There are too many loved ones disappearing in every province.  The sooner it's known if they left on their own, left word with someone, or else left unwillingly  - the better;  It seems there has to be great suspicion to get any kind of much needed help to locate a person before it's too late.

Are you in that area victor?  Do you know if posters have been put up in stores?, on poles, passed out by hand?  That is the quickest way to find out if anybody has seen her - also the facebook.
Thank you for posting; please come back again when you hear something.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2010, 03:45:04 PM »
Victor, if you know her and you know any of her friends, maybe you could speak to them and they may have an idea where Nadine could be. Would she have left to go to other parts of Canada? Where was her apartment and was she expected back? It is quite a while to be gone with no contact from Nadine. Hopefully someone will connect with he soon and find out if she is safe. ??? ??? ??? ???

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2010, 06:31:33 PM »
Victor, have you mentioned this to the authorities. re: ex-boyfried?  You can do this thru crime-stoppers in your area, and you don't have to give your name. Or for some reason are you afraid to? Seems to me that you know her and that she confided in you from time to time.

lostlinganer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2010, 06:48:01 PM »
....hope we didn't scare you away Victor.... we don't mean to.  If you read a lot of the posts on my profile, you'll see I don't seem to realize or care about "fear".  Guess I expect everybody else to be the same.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2010, 04:34:18 PM »
Victor, if you like you could call crime stoppers and give the information there. They do not need to know your number or your name. Do the right thing before it is too late to find Nadine. ??? ??? ???

victor

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2010, 11:26:04 AM »
all ill say is she was a working girl with crack problem who grew up fairview and north end halifax whos family moved to bc. so nikki your missed lots love your old friend V            if you need anything u no how to find me.       and as for people saying call police and stuff not me im street and belive street justice
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 11:30:32 AM by victor »

lostlinganer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2010, 01:31:14 PM »
sorry Victor; I assure you, nobody is blaming you for being cautious.  Bad enough Nadine is among the missing.  If you need to talk, message anyone of us regulars.  I hope you hear from Nadine; hope she is alright and hears about this site.  Take care buddy and do keep in touch.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2010, 01:41:13 PM »
Maybe Nadine just left and went out west, especially if there is a connection there. There is not much anyone can do if Nadine doesn't wish to contact family or friends. Hoping she is okay.

Eternal

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2010, 03:11:11 PM »
http://thechronicleherald.ca/Metro/9017567.html
Halifax police investigate abduction complaint

By KELLY SHIERS Staff Reporter
Tue, Aug 17 - 6:09 AM
Halifax Regional Police say they have a suspect in custody, but are continuing to investigate a possible abduction.

A 29-year-old woman showed up at the door of a residence on the 200 block of Old Sambro Road, telling the homeowner that she needed to speak to police.
The woman said she had been taken by the suspect to a secluded location and held against her will until she managed to get away.

Sgt. Derrick Boyd says the investigation is in its early stages, and more information will be released as it becomes available.

(kshiers@herald.ca)

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2010, 04:47:17 PM »
Glad they have a suspect in custody... I guess you feel there may be a connection with this case too? I guess we'll find out

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2010, 06:37:04 PM »
That could very well be, it is great that they have a man in custody for an abduction case. :( :( :(

lostlinganer

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2010, 10:38:12 PM »
Nadine Taylor, 29, has been missing for three weeks. (Family photo) A Halifax woman who has been missing for three weeks may have been the victim of foul play, her family and friends say.

Nadine Anne Taylor, a 29-year-old prostitute, was last seen on the evening of July 28. She was reported missing two days later.

After another prostitute was sexually assaulted and managed to escape from the trunk of a moving car on Monday, Taylor's family and friends said they became more concerned that something has happened to her.

Police said there is no evidence to suggest that she was the victim of foul play.

Gene Hape, Taylor's boyfriend, said Taylor left her apartment on the evening of July 28 to make a phone call down the street because she does not have a phone. She did not return and he hasn't heard from her since.

"I was mad at first, 'How dare you?'" he said. "Then I got worried. That's when I called police."

I know she's going to come home, Gene Hape, Taylor's boyfriend, said. Hape said she is a good woman who has had a difficult life. He said he hopes Taylor will come home soon, but with each passing day he said he grows more anxious.

Police came to Taylor's home this week asking for her toothbrush and her shoe size, Hape said.

"She's not known for going out of the province or anything like that," he said.

"It's just rough. You hear of people going missing, like prostitutes and everything, and then it strikes home base, and it's like a volt of electricity hitting you steady in different directions."

He said he is doing what he can to keep the faith.

"I know she's going to come home, like, walk through that door one day," he said. "And I will be waiting for her."

But an outreach worker who knows Taylor said she fears the worst.

"I think she was killed," said Margot DeChenne. "It's part of the life. Unfortunately, with prostitution and drug addiction, it's part of the ends."

Police ask that anyone with information on Taylor's whereabouts call 902-490-5016.
There are pics of Nadine and her boyfriend on the following link.... also comments!

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/nova-scotia/story/2010/08/20/ns-missing-woman-foul-play.html

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/nova-scotia/story/2010/08/20/ns-missing-woman-foul-play.html#ixzz0xDBt7ZRT

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2010, 08:38:26 PM »
Note that this is the Glen guy of which someone posted on here spoke about. (He removed that post).  Let's hope that the woman who escaped from a trunk of the car, was Nadine.

lostlinganer

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2010, 08:43:40 PM »
Hmmmm! Where are you Victor?