Author Topic: Devon Brock Moldowan - Missing from Jasper, AB June 13/09  (Read 95479 times)

ttervoort

• "Thanks for noticing..."
    • View Profile
Re: Devon Brock Moldowan - Missing from Jasper, AB June 13/09
« Reply #315 on: February 21, 2017, 07:59:02 AM »
Happy birthday, little brother! I remember your first ones just as well as I remember today's...thinking of you today, and always! Hugs!

ttervoort

• View Profile
« Reply #316 on: June 13, 2017, 12:04:48 PM »
So...today is off to a smiling-when-I-see-all-the-different-pictures-posted-of-you...teary-because-it's-hard-to-believe-that-it-is-8-years-today...and just an emotional roller coaster of a time.

The Canadian Centre for Child Protection has always been a big support for us, contacting us frequently, seeing what they can do to help us, just letting us know that they are always thinking of Devon...and us! We are very thankful to have them! With today being the 8th anniversary of Devon's disappearance, they asked us for a quote to add to a post on their Facebook page...

Thanks also to all of you here that post comments, offer insight, or just read the random thoughts I try to express. It means a lot to our family (and my smiley, teary soul today).

Hugs,
Tammy

« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 12:52:38 PM by ttervoort »

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #317 on: June 14, 2017, 02:31:11 AM »
Tammy  , Devon has never been far from my mind.  I do know what your going through and how strong you have been.  I prayer  everyday that  the  family get answers , or closure in some way.  Stay strong .

ttervoort

• View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 21, 2018, 08:27:27 PM »
Although I have been quiet on here, it is not because I haven't been thinking of Devon, or the many people on this site that have been such a support to me or my family...I have just spent more time in my own little world, appreciating the family that I have been blessed with, and making as many memories as I can. I know these new memories don't replace the past ones...or make up for the ones that I can't have at this time...but maybe, someday, somehow, they can be shared with someone who is off making his own...

Until then, happy birthday, Devon...sending you hugs and all of our love!

Hugs,
Tammy

Sap1

• View Profile
« Reply #319 on: March 14, 2018, 11:51:28 AM »
A few years ago when some of us did a poster campaign through mail, I had sent posters to post offices in BC, asking them to please pin up the posters of Devon. Some were returned to me, only a small number though. Just last year when I did a country run here in AB, putting up posters for another matter dear to my heart, I was turned away from post offices with them claiming they can only put up notices from the post office/government issued. In another area I had always seen a large poster of missing children up on their notice board but of course it was a government poster. Needless to say I was disappointed regarding no posters allowed and then thought of the ones I had sent to BC post offices and whether they followed the same rule. If they did, I hope that at least those people who opened my letters at least had a heart and took those posters home to pin up at community places on their trip downtown. I will never know and I am still disappointed.
Periodically I still check for any news on Devon.

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #320 on: March 16, 2018, 03:16:58 AM »

looking

• View Profile
« Reply #321 on: March 17, 2018, 05:13:23 PM »
I think about him when I stop in Jasper.  I won't go look for someone in grizzly country.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: March 17, 2018, 05:46:43 PM »
I think about him when I stop in Jasper.  I won't go look for someone in grizzly country.

I don't blame you looking.

Sap1

• View Profile
« Reply #323 on: March 17, 2018, 07:08:03 PM »
I used to go up to Jasper quite a lot many years ago and never thought about grizzly bears. Ordinary brown bears and black bears were common walking along in the townsite and I just thought at the time that they were so accustomed to people they never attacked. I won't go into the foolish things I did hiking to summits and beyond.  :-[

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: March 17, 2018, 07:36:10 PM »
There are large canyons and cliffs that are very treacherous.
If God swooped him up that day, he is smiling down at you ttervoort with brotherly love.

Perhaps you feel his presence at times, when your world is quiet = just for a moment?

Stay strong ttervoort

jb
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 07:42:02 PM by jellybean »

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #325 on: March 18, 2018, 07:52:10 AM »
ttervoort, Happy Birthday to Devon and the best to you and your family. You are in my thoughts often. Someday soon, I wish for you the peace and answers you so deserve.

ttervoort

• View Profile
« Reply #326 on: June 13, 2018, 07:09:53 PM »
Today...9 years since we got that first call...9 years of not knowing where you are...9 years of trying to go on with our lives, while wondering how to go on...9 years full of family moments, good and bad...9 years of wondering who you are now...9 years of wanting you back...

I know so many people on this site know what we are going through...and so many others continue to keep us in your thoughts...Thank you for always allowing me my little vents here...for listening...it means a lot!

Tammy

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #327 on: June 19, 2018, 11:05:36 PM »
I'm venting with you. So sorry you are experiencing this. There will always be a heavy heart until answers arrive. I wish you answers. Hopefully, filled with miracles.

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #328 on: June 20, 2018, 02:39:56 AM »
I also think of Devon very often and pray for answers for his family and loved ones.  He will not be forgotten

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #329 on: July 11, 2018, 05:16:48 AM »
Yes, he will never be forgotten...whenever I hear about Jasper, my thoughts go from what a beautiful place, one of the most beautiful towns I’ve been to..then.....where’s Devon?
Hoping for some answers.