Author Topic: Devon Brock Moldowan - Missing from Jasper, AB June 13/09  (Read 105221 times)

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
Re: Devon Brock Moldowan - Missing from Jasper, AB June 13/09
« Reply #300 on: December 27, 2015, 09:08:32 PM »
I think a large group of people should do a grid search behind the town in the spring.

I agree.  This family has suffered enough, and if hope keeps them going so be it.  We all need hope.
But, a concerted search might not be a bad thought. It may or may not turn up anything.
I don't think the family should even be required to go there.  They do not live in the area, and they already have taken a couple of trips out to that area to look for him.
Surely, a search party of volunteers could be organized through an agency?

jb
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 09:13:34 PM by jellybean »

Sap1

• View Profile
« Reply #301 on: December 28, 2015, 01:04:28 PM »
I don't know if there was a grid search done in those early days. Iirc, police searched areas that were special to Devon. I agree with a grid search and that's a great idea "looking".

Best wishes to Devon's family and friends for a 2016 filled with answers. :(

D1

• View Profile
« Reply #302 on: December 28, 2015, 04:15:19 PM »

Sap1

• View Profile
« Reply #303 on: December 29, 2015, 01:29:19 AM »
If Devon met some kind of fate in the town site or just surrounding the town site, I do wonder that he hasn't been found yet due to all the visitors and hikers.
I wonder if it was ever verified ... the siting of Devon walking on the highway away from Jasper town site, as was mentioned in some posts. Siting mistakes can be made easily. He could also have gotten into a vehicle and be quite distant from Jasper. Earlier there were posts that police checked out some of his favorite sites but there too, looking for someone would involve a lot of equipment and people, imo, due to the type of terrain. Searching from the top and then how to get to the bottom safely to scour the area would be extremely difficult without the proper gear for repelling down embankments, etc.

D1

• View Profile
« Reply #304 on: December 29, 2015, 04:34:11 PM »
If there were some really credible indicators that warranted a more thorough checking of some particular difficult to access location, this would be the number 1 approach imo. You need the indicators first though.. We haven't seen that show up yet. Anything, a hat, a clothing item, anything personal would suffice to get to that next step. Hopefully something will surface surface to focus a search.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: December 29, 2015, 06:45:22 PM »
Of course we have no way of knowing which direction Devon went 'IF' in fact he did make it to the main Hwy. We also have no way of knowing if he continued to walk, or if he was picked up by a passing vehicle.

Even though it was not a grid search, we do know that RCMP walked the Highway on both sides, from Jasper to the Alberta border when searching for missing senior, May Milling. This was a little more than one year after Devon went missing. Although I think one could miss something less than obvious that way, nothing was found.  In no way do I think these two cases were connected.   

I remembered having posted the following information on another thread.

taken from the link below. Page 4 -  reply # 48:
http://www.unsolvedcanada.ca/index.php?topic=3797.45

D1

• View Profile
« Reply #306 on: December 29, 2015, 09:35:20 PM »
One other new possibility for searches in tough terrain is the use of those remote control drones. Cameras mount easily with fairly good resolution. I can see them becoming more common and readily available for hire with an experienced operator. Just need a viable starting point.. 

Sap1

• View Profile
« Reply #307 on: December 30, 2015, 12:39:27 PM »
According to earlier posts, Devon left the apartment with only the clothes on his back. His wallet and other particulars were found in the apartment. So I guess about the only piece of anything regarding him would be if he fell over some terrain and a piece of clothing got caught in the wiring of the fence or brush, etc.
About the only thing I can think of, is re-interviewing the gf and some friends where Devon was staying. Perhaps even a poly ... especially the gf.   

D1

• View Profile
« Reply #308 on: December 30, 2015, 02:04:00 PM »
That is sortof the problem here. No new information has come out except those early indicators which could mean multiple things. We have seen before when all personal items were left behind that it could indicate either fowl play or a person who had intentions of never returning. Mind set of the person at the time is probably most important to determine which it was. A momentary depression/ act of passion/ love gone wrong scenario seems most likely imo. If so Police were right to look where they did. We've seen shoes /runners surface from water a long time after incidents occurred but weve also seen that some bodies never surface in those situations. There is also the problem even if something was spotted, would it be recognized as belonging to Devon's disappearance? There is nothing easy here.

Families can tear themselves apart in circumstances as this. Its a fine line for families knowing what to do and when to leave it to professionals for the sake of all else concerned.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 02:08:42 PM by D1 »

ttervoort

• "Thanks for noticing..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 21, 2016, 01:32:17 AM »
Another birthday, and you aren't here.

You are always in our thoughts, though, and we still take any opportunity we can to talk about you...to share our memories of you...or to just say your name. As I look around at my life, I know how fortunate I am to have an amazing family...but each joyful moment is bittersweet, as we think of you and wish you were here to be part of everything...each wedding, new baby, even a movie that you would have enjoyed...but we will still offer a prayer, say a toast, make a wish...

We love you, Devon! Happy 32nd birthday!

Hugs,
Tammy

looking

• View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 21, 2016, 10:25:06 AM »
I'm sorry for your loss.  I visit Jasper yearly and wonder what might have happened to him.  I'm worried he was suicidal.  I think these people are the hardest to find, as murder victims are dumped beside roads but suicidal people often wonder far off into the forest to end it all.  Jasper is grizzly
country so searching is dangerous and there are no hunters to come across his remains.  I hope he chose to disappear and one day he will realize he has hurt you and he will reappear. 

ttervoort

• View Profile
« Reply #311 on: June 13, 2016, 12:28:10 AM »
Seven years today. Seven. Long. Years. So many things to tell you. So many things to share. It seems like a lifetime of happenings that you have missed...and that we have missed with you.

Hugs,
Tammy

Sap1

• View Profile
« Reply #312 on: June 14, 2016, 06:01:08 PM »
 :'(

ttervoort

• View Profile
« Reply #313 on: December 25, 2016, 10:54:21 AM »
We are just getting ready to host our family this afternoon, and, as always, our thoughts come back to Devon...I know so many of you can relate, to that feeling of emptiness, longing, sadness...but then I look at the pictures of the four little ones that will be arriving at our house soon, and know that my day will also include utter joy, big smiles, and baby cuddles.

So, Merry Christmas to all of you! My wish is that you are able to find and appreciate the moments of happiness that are there, hiding among the challenges. Hug your family and friends, and hold them a little closer today. Take the time to listen to them, and build those new memories.

Here is wishing that 2017 brings you what you are hoping for!

Hugs,
Tammy

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: December 26, 2016, 10:40:50 PM »
Tammy, I pray that the year '17 will bring you answers.

Peace

JB