Author Topic: Devon Brock Moldowan - Missing from Jasper, AB June 13/09  (Read 103977 times)

ttervoort

• "Thanks for noticing..."
    • View Profile
Re: Devon Brock Moldowan - Missing from Jasper, AB June 13/09
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2010, 04:01:28 PM »
SAP, it was probably a bit of both...blaming and belittling (as we've gotten to see other sides of her through this dark time)...and I'm also sure Devon was feeling guilty and down on himself, as she was working and he wasn't...The economy was definitely different, as the summer before this, when the two of them went to Jasper, there was no problem in finding work.

Good luck with the move!  That's never an easy thing, even when things go smoothly...lots of work.

SAP

« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2010, 10:35:55 PM »
T, that is so unfortunate. Also I'm guessing she may have been a control freak and somewhat manipulative.

Not sure if I'm moving very soon as I've got some repairs to do etc. I would like to though. Since the neighbour's son has moved next door many of us have had problems with our security lighting failing, etc. I guess it doesn't work for him to have the area well lit up b/c of the type of work he does. I'm installing a security system in the house and will see to it that I get motion sensor lights soon. I'm working on it daily though.

ttervoort

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2010, 12:12:15 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!  I am thankful for friends and family (those with us, and those who aren't), and for those who care enough to want to help.  I am thankful for memories, especially on those days when that is all you have...I want to wish you and yours enough hope to make it through the days you don't think you can survive, and peace to enjoy the days you have.  Hugs!

SAP

« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2010, 12:31:05 PM »
Thank you ttervoort. :) Belated wishes also to you and your family.

ttervoort

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2010, 10:47:06 PM »
Well, there's 15 minutes left of my birthday, and I only have one wish...I hope it comes true...I would love to have my baby brother back here with us...maybe I can find a falling star, a wayward eyelash, or a chicken wishbone and make an extra wish...

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2010, 11:16:51 PM »

Happy Birthday ttervort.........I hope your wish comes true too. It would be wonderful if you could have your brother back with you and your family.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 11:33:56 PM by debbiec »

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2010, 05:11:55 AM »
ttervoort, in case your birthday wish is a little delayed this year, I'll be beside you ready to make a birthday cake on any new day you receive your wish. We'll make it the best and biggest darn birthday cake the oven will make.  K. 

SAP

« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2010, 08:52:32 AM »
ttervoort, how I wish your your birthday wish could have come true, however when it does, I will help Concerned make that cake. :)

I have copied some pictures from Facebook, one of Devon singing, his grad pic, the tattoo pic, and one that has a pensive look; close up. I had planned to take the info from the original police poster and have Staples put it all together for posters.
Do you think I should let the Jasper Police know that these posters will be going up? Also if there's anyone living near/in Edson, Hinton that I could send posters to, (to put up around town) would be appreciated. Just PM me please.
Also down the highway into BC... leaving Jasper? I have someone in Kelowna. I also need to check with a nephew on his routes as he seems to be doing 3 provinces but that would be mainly truck stops and the businesses he drives to.

ttervoort

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2010, 08:31:46 AM »
Hi SAP.

I will contact the Jasper RCMP to let them know that new posters might be going up, and that the family is aware of their origin. I haven't checked in with them for a bit anyway, so this would be a good excuse to talk to them.

SAP

« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2010, 08:55:16 AM »
Thank you ttervoort. I'll get that going this week. We want to make that big cake asap. :)

D1

« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2010, 02:19:03 PM »
A man matching this decription was seen walking south along the highway near Vernon B.C. maybe 6-8 weeks ago. He seemed to be doing more walking than hitchhiking, had a small packsack and heavier clothing. Seemed quite interested in the reaction of passing vehicles to him. Wearing a hat but the same reddish beard, same style as the picture on the first page here. If him, I'd say he didn't want to be found. Heading south in that area would get him to Kelowna or Pentiction. Warmer climate to winter it out or two connecting routes to Vancouver Victoria.

SAP

« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2010, 04:02:01 PM »
That's interesting info D1 and also encouraging. Where did you come by this news if you don't mind me asking?
Whether Devon wants to be found or not, he has family to think about and let them know one way or the other. His parents are aging. Devon just didn't seem the type who would put family through this turmoil and if he was hurt by his friend's belittling, he had plenty of time to get over it.
I'm not saying it couldn't be possible, as others have done so in the past.
IMO, maybe family could put a call into Kelowna Police and alert them of this person headed their way resembling AB missing person.

D1

« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2010, 04:09:48 PM »
I was in the same vehicle at the time of the sighting. It's tenuous at best, just a young man of similar age. The only reason I have mentioned it was because the young man had the same reddish beard of the same style as in Devon's picture. Perhaps South Okanagan Police should be alerted, but he may have gone on to Vancouver or Victoria since.

D1

« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2010, 04:22:58 PM »
I explained it to them and said the same thing. I was on a busy highway, delivering someone to his daughters birthday, he was just there on a curve. He looked familiar, realized after going through threads why. Too late then. Should i just shutup?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 04:30:16 PM by D1 »