Author Topic: Devon Brock Moldowan - Missing from Jasper, AB June 13/09  (Read 102071 times)

SAP

Re: Devon Brock Moldowan - Missing from Jasper, AB June 13/09
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2010, 11:13:55 AM »
Hi SAP.

I haven't personally contacted the Jasper RCMP recently.  My Dad has been keeping in contact with them though.  Thye have been very open and helpful all along.  When Devon first went missing, they had search parties out, dogs, helicopters, etc.  They also worked closely with the Park people for the searches as well.  With no clues and no sightings...I'm not sure what else they can do at their end...

Tammy

Thanks Tammy. It sounds like they did alot, and everything possible to find Devon. That  leads one to think he left Jasper totally at that time, possibly even hitchhiking out. Or did he have a car with him?

ttervoort

• "Thanks for noticing..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2010, 08:37:33 PM »
Devon didn't have a car, or any other form of transportation...so we're also thinking hitchhiking..

SAP

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2010, 12:23:14 AM »
Devon didn't have a car, or any other form of transportation...so we're also thinking hitchhiking..
At the time of the happening, did any picture posters of Devon go up throughout Alberta, B.C. and possibly Sask and Manitoba?

ttervoort

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2010, 08:50:26 AM »
Pictures did go out through Alberta, Manitoba and BC for sure, but I don't know about Saskatchewan...

SAP

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2010, 08:58:20 AM »
T, let me know if you are considering doing picture posters again please. I can get some out for you.
I've had this strange feeling of a familiar face and I've not mentioned it before b/c I'm not certain and I can't remember why; it could have been from last year when the case was in the media. Devon's face looks distantly familiar, but as the saying goes, everyone has a twin somewhere... :)

SAP

« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2010, 02:53:03 PM »
This case bothers me alot. Devon was a strong young man and capable of well defending himself if he was attacked somewhere. He was last seen walking east near the Sawridge, (the day following his disappearance according to his father who was interviewed at the time) which would have him following highway 16, the Yelllowhead. Devon had left his wallet and ID in the apartment. Just hours after his departure he left a cryptic message on Facebook talking about himself in the 3rd person. That was it as far as any further communication.
Park Rangers assisted Police in scouring many places and especially those that Devon liked the most. Posters were out.
Highway 16 (Yellowhead)  is not the greatest route to be hitch-hiking, (neither is any highway across America apparently), however Highway 16 seems to have the worst reputation of missing and murdered persons.
Did Devon feel down enough to hurt himself? Did Devon meet with foul play persons he couldn't defend himself from?
Or did he get lucky and find a ride, or a place that accepted him without ID? Is he working somewhere under an assumed name, whether in artisan type of work, or singing in a band (with appearance changed...hair colour, style change, etc etc?)
I have scoured artsy places as well as karaoke and bands and also visited "street" news where I could find it, to no avail. Like Dylan Koshman and many others across the country, Devon has vanished. I will continue to scour places that Devon may have been drawn to, just in case.
My regrets to the family who still have no closure; may God see it in his will to help all families have some closure.

Baba Donya

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2010, 11:10:06 PM »
Maybe he hopped on to the train to either Vancouver, Prince George, or Prince Rupert, even back to the Edmonton area.

Has anyone checked that angle???

solvy

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2010, 10:38:40 AM »
If he hitchiked, the hwy 16 west takes a junction to Kelowna not far out of Jasper.  this is well travelled, and could be another way for him to go.  There would be the summer crowds flooding into the Okanagan then as well.  There is always the fruit picking jobs available, and some of the orchards even provide lodging for workers.  I think the picking season is over in about Sept.

Unfortunately pickers are very transient, some coming from as far away as Quebec to pick fruit in the west.  When I look at Devons pic, I just have the feeling he is ok and just stepping back from his former life.  Just my opinion of course and if he were my brother I would never stop looking.

SAP

« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2010, 05:58:34 PM »
Could very well be Solvy. Although I can't ever fathom why a well loved individual would give up contact with family.

I've been looking at avenues of the artsy and musical crowd in different cities along the route from Highway 16, when I have the opportunity. So far no luck in that direction.

ttervoort

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2010, 10:34:08 PM »
Hi all.

Thank you so much for all your thoughtfulness, persistence and support.  We are not ready to give up on my brother either...and between hope, prayers, and continued attempts to get his name or picture or information out there, we will keep him very close to us...

I am sadly aware that we are not the only family that is going through this kind of existence...I can only hope that others will find their own peace...

SAP

« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2010, 11:32:04 AM »
Hi T. Momentarily I am bogged down, but I was hoping to make up some posters with Devon's pic and info and take a drive. I have a relative who drives frequently through these 3 western provinces; I haven't asked him yet but I don't think he'll turn me down. Perhaps picture posters may jog memories.

ttervoort

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2010, 10:43:00 AM »
SAP, that is an extremely generous gesture, from both you and your cousin (who doesn't know it yet)...It is these kinds of moments that keep my family going, knowing that others are so caring, wanting to help find Devon.  Thank you.

solvy

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2010, 11:11:47 AM »
Hi T.   I was wondering if thefamily still has any contact with Devon's girlfriend?  Could she shed any further light on his mental status at the time of his disappearance?  Not the  immediate time but say a week before he left.

ttervoort

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2010, 11:20:55 AM »
Hi Solvy.
At this time, we are not in contact with Devon's girlfriend.  She has her own personal demons that she is dealing with, and after an extremely difficult and emotional time, we have gone our separate ways.  However, I do know that Devon was upset, and that they had had a disagreement because he had not found work at the time.  So...he was not in a good frame of mind when he went missing...that is part of the reason that the RCMP did such a thorough search of various areas around Jasper...

SAP

« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2010, 01:43:03 PM »
T, was the gf blaming Devon, or belittling him for not having found a job at that point? That was at a time of the economy slump and I don't think jobs were that superfluous as previous years.

As far as putting out posters, I'm thinking and hoping to do more and will be looking for pictures. I don't think I should have problems putting the posters up however I do intend to get permission. At the moment though, I am looking to move from where I am and have my hands full.