Author Topic: Devon Brock Moldowan - Missing from Jasper, AB June 13/09  (Read 101991 times)

ttervoort

• "Thanks for noticing..."
    • View Profile
Devon Brock Moldowan - Missing from Jasper, AB June 13/09
« on: July 30, 2010, 01:34:05 PM »
At approximately 4:00 p.m. on Saturday June 13, 2009 Devon Brock MOLDOWAN, age 25, left his apartment in Jasper and has not returned nor has he had any contact with family or friends.

MOLDOWAN's direction of travel and present location is not known. MOLDOWAN does not have a vehicle or bike and is believed to have left on foot.

A search of areas that MOLDOWAN would be likely to frequent have been met with negative results.

MOLDOWAN is described as:
- Caucasian male - 185 cm tall (6' 1")
- Average build - Long, wavy, reddish / brown hair
- Blue eyes - Clean shaven

MOLDOWAN was last seen wearing baggy black pants that had patches stitched in yellow and orange stitching, a gray zip up hoody and black shoes.

Anyone with information regarding the whereabouts of Devon MOLDOWAN, is asked to please contact Jasper R.C.M.P. at 780-852-4421 or Crime Stoppers, toll free at 1-800-222-8477

OR your local RCMP

SAP

Re: Devon Brock Moldowan - Missing from Jasper, AB June 13/09
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 01:56:24 PM »
Welcome ttervoort. Is Devon a friend of yours? Is there any other info you can give? For example places he would gravitate to, places of interest and such. Or anything that would give us an idea of where to keep our eyes out for him.
Unfortunately people are going missing faster than info can be accumulated. :(

ttervoort

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 02:18:26 PM »
Thanks for the response.  Devon is my baby brother.  He is actually from Manitoba (living in Winnipeg), but had gone to Jasper with his girlfriend for the summer to work.  However, he didn't find a job and was apparently quite depressed over this.  Being so far away, I have no clue as to where he might go, etc. out there.  Our hope is that he might have headed to a larger city to find work and maybe blend in to disappear.   :(

SAP

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 02:43:56 PM »
I'm sorry to hear that, ttervoort. Usually Jasper is a hub of activity in the summer months and there used to be plenty of jobs available, however many students always booked up employment ahead of the vacay season. Perhaps he went to Banff, which is larger and would have had more job availability if he was wanting to stay in the mountains specifically.
I'm not sure where one would head toward if there wasn't any work in Jasper. Like I said, maybe Banff and if there was nothing there, Calgary is very close, about 70 miles. From Jasper, possibly into British Columbia and up to vancouver or any city stops on the way.

Has the gf been questioned? Did she have any insights at all about where Devon would have gone, or did he mention to her any possibilities?

If he didn't have money on him, nor a job to go to...have you heard of HomelessNation.org? It's a supportive community across Canada that helps those in need. If you google it, you can register and look around in the site.

Try contacting police in Banff, Calgary, and from Jasper on into British Columbia. I wish I could be of more help, but it seems that's all I can come up with for now. Hopefully others will have some tips for you as well. 

eta: I googled Devon's name and there has been alot of material on his missing, across the provinces in several papers. He had a cryptic message on his Facebook site reported in one  report:

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2009/06/19/9848796-sun.html

If he wanted to lose himself for awhile until he got his thoughts together, I can understand. I really hope no harm has come to him in his adventures. Perhaps Homelessnation.org is a good place to start, imo.
God bless and good luck. I will keep searching as well.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 02:59:27 PM by SAP »

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2010, 10:55:59 PM »
wow I am surprised I never heard of this year.

Lots of people who did not find jobs in other mountain towns generally head to Banff as everyone knows there is always lots of work there. Hopefully he went down there. Have you been to Jasper or Banff? Locals know other locals so if he was in either place, someone would know right away.

ttervoort

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2010, 08:41:38 AM »
Well, this has been over a year now.  I'm sure newer issues and cases have come and gone, and replaced Devon's case in people's minds...plus, he wasn't a local so most people wouldn't have a connection as they wouldn't have known him.  I'm just hoping that by giving this a fresh push that maybe someone somewhere might remember seeing him...no clues in over 13 months has been so difficult for our entire family...

SAP

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2010, 02:17:59 AM »
ttervoort, looking around I noted that Devon was creative, is that correct? On a FB site someone speaks of working on a comic book, so I wondered if he was with a creative community or friends before he went missing?

So here is another link you might check into...the Tofino area where the creative in many areas seemed to be drawn.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/2890256/artistic_community_in_tofino_british_columbia_canada/
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 02:19:33 AM by SAP »

ttervoort

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2010, 05:55:05 PM »
Thanks for all the positive suggestions!  The hard part we are finding is that we are back here in Manitoba, so it makes things very difficult to totally keep on top of everything.  However, I will definitely look into everyone's ideas, to see what else we can do.

Yes, SAP, Devon was definitely a creative, artistic soul.  He loved karaoke, and had spent a short time as a singer in a local band (back here in Manitoba). He loved comic books and their art (I have his collection stored at my house right now...smiles).

Another piece of information is that Devon often worked as a cook at various restaurants, so this might be something he is doing now, to pay the bills.

Again, thanks for the support.

SAP

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2010, 10:38:42 AM »
 :) Now we are getting to know Devon. Thank you.
Jasper and Banff were always "the places" where the creative gravitated towards. I loved the ambience back in the day of hitch hiking because it was the thing to do and always  the mountains. There was a certain comraderie amongst many from across the nation.

I'm not sure you have looked at some of the other missing cases and noticed what some families have done to renew searches. One family from Saskatchewan whose son went missing in Edmonton, did billboards for thier son.
I'm sure you would have already checked whether Devon's bank card or credit cards were being used...
Phoning or e-mailing Police again, this time checking cities down the road in B.C. and Tofino. In Vancouver, I think  it's downtown eastside where people would go if they have a shortage of cash...cheaper accomodations.
One group of friends for one missing person in the Missisauga, Ont. area made a you tube for the person missing. I can't link you to it as it has been removed as the person is found. However they had pictures of him and friends and alot of wishes for being well. You tube videos catch the eyes of many people.
If I was near Tofino, I would go have a look and even put out posters from that picture you provided, but alas, I'm distant also. I rely on the Net.
I will keep brainstorming. :)

http://publicrecordschecks.com/PeopleSearch.php
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 07:54:35 PM by SAP »

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2010, 09:05:46 PM »
ttervoort, I am very sorry  to hear that you are missing your brother. It must be very hard for you to be looking and searching for so long. Do you have any other details you can share with us. Especially a picture.  Perhaps that may just spark some memories.  Some may not have known a person by their name, but with a visual, people may be aware of a detail or so they can share.

Also, what kind of things did your brother like. Sometimes a brand of cigarettes, a favorite movie, whether he has tattoos, types of places he likes to frequent, special interests, etc. will also jog a memory or server as a reminder to look for him if the opportunity presents.

I wish you much luck, and strength. It is a tough journey. But, I give you a lot of credit for spreading the word and keeping the search alive.

ttervoort

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2010, 09:22:05 PM »
Hi Concerned.

Thanks for your thoughts.  I have attached a few pictures...one of Devon, and one of a tattoo he had on his left arm (I think).  He also had a few piercings in his lower lip (although I'm not sure if he still had them in when he went missing).

Devon was a sweet, and sensitive young man who was always willing to help anyone.  Some movies he liked include "The Nightmare Before Christmas" and "Sin City".  As I already said, he love singing, and often participated in karaoke.  He loved a variety of music, especially rock and stuff a little harder.

I hope this helps some of you get to know Devon as I do.

ttervoort

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2010, 09:26:46 PM »
Someone asked me in another strand about Devon, if he had any tattoos, etc...I have attached a picture of the tattoo that he had on his left arm (I think).  He also had a few piercings in his lower lip, although I am not sure if he had these in at the time that he went missing.

SAP

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2010, 10:40:57 AM »
TTervoort, any word from Police in Jasper? Have you contacted them again and are they actively looking for clues of where Devon could be, or any new details they haven't given before? TIA

SAP

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2010, 10:56:56 AM »
I am just so astounded to read that Police in every town and city across Canada are corrupt and crooked and unwilling to help decent folks find answers that now I wonder whether the Police of the beautiful Rockies have also fallen prey to the phenomenon.

ttervoort

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2010, 11:07:31 AM »
Hi SAP.

I haven't personally contacted the Jasper RCMP recently.  My Dad has been keeping in contact with them though.  Thye have been very open and helpful all along.  When Devon first went missing, they had search parties out, dogs, helicopters, etc.  They also worked closely with the Park people for the searches as well.  With no clues and no sightings...I'm not sure what else they can do at their end...

Tammy