Author Topic: Ann Marie Shirran | Murdered | St. John's (July 18, 2010)  (Read 45769 times)

Woodland

• View Profile
Re: Ann Marie Shirran, July 18, 2010 - Missing from St. John's:
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2010, 03:48:35 PM »
Rick1 - I hope investigators do their job to the utmost ability, including looking at all possibilities for this missing mother, not to mention her other relationships.

Are you a blood relative of Ann, or her baby's father?

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2010, 05:22:37 PM »
Rick1, we want to find Ann Marie. We are not judging anybody, we are just wondering why she has not been found yet. We are running into a long time period here with no answers. And if you know anything Rick1, you give us a heads up. We do not know anything about her relationship and nobody has told anything related to that. We are trying to find out just who did see Ann Marie last, besides her companion. Now that is not asking a heck of a lot of questions. WHO SAW ANN MARIE AFTER SHE LEFT HOME IN THE EVENING??????  :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2010, 10:53:32 AM »
Canadeast,com

Police resume search for St. John's woman missing since last month
Published Friday August 13th, 2010

ST. JOHN'S, N.L. - The search for a missing Newfoundland and Labrador woman has moved to the Blackhead area of St. John's.

Ann Marie Shirran was first reported missing July 18.

Following searches around her home in Kilbride, the Goulds and Petty Harbour, the Royal Newfoundland Constabulary has brought in a special dog team from the Ontario Provincial Police to assist efforts.

Police spokeswoman Const. Suzanne FitzGerald says they're also using the help of the Rover's ground search and rescue team, the RNC's Marine Unit and the force's mounted unit.

FitzGerald says the dogs have been in the area for a few days and will remain there for several more days.

She says police still haven't ruled out the possibility of foul play. (VOCM)

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2010, 11:45:09 AM »
hi Rick, we don't have any idea, all we can do is speculate. But at least we are paying attention. Do you have any facts? thanks.

ladyt

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2010, 01:26:32 PM »
"Missing N.L. woman may be crime victim: RNC"

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/newfoundland-labrador/story/2010/08/13/nl-shirran-search-813.html#socialcomments#ixzz0wW2G1icT

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/newfoundland-labrador/story/2010/08/13/nl-shirran-search-813.html#socialcomments

Interesting comments below story and I find it interesting that the RNC are not finally saying she may be a crime victim (took a month to release that information!).

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2010, 05:58:56 PM »
Lady T
Thank you for sharing these articles with us.

How far away is Blackhead from her home in St. John's? I am not familiar with NFLD. I have a strong feeling that she will be found close to home. If she left in the evening, not wearing a jacket, and a good pair of shoes, I can't see any woman walking very far dressed like that.
Nor, do I feel that a woman would hitchhike at night. (hitchhiking would be the best way to go a distance, if one wasn't driving.) On the facebook, one can see that she is loved and has many wonderful friends, therefore, I sense that if she was "troubled" in anyway she would have confided in one of them. It is a mystery, and hopefully for the sake of  her family, (her husband and child) she will found safe and well.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2010, 06:19:28 PM »
LadyT, thank you for the updated news on Ann Marie. I did feel at the beginning that she may be a victim of foul play. Of course, the police cannot tell us all of their information when they are investigating a case. If someone transported Ann Marie to another place, she could be almost anywhere in the area. But police must have some information that they are looking in another area. Sure hope that the find Ann Marie, wherever she may be. And thoughts to her family and friends for her to be found. And bless the little child that is now missing his mom. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

ladyt

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2010, 07:53:46 PM »
Lady T
Thank you for sharing these articles with us.

How far away is Blackhead from her home in St. John's?

On the facebook, one can see that she is loved and has many wonderful friends, therefore, I sense that if she was "troubled" in anyway she would have confided in one of them.

I believe Blackhead is about 20-30 minutes away from Kilbride and the area is rocky coastline and the final destination on the road is Cape Spear National Park. The area is also vast forest.
I think her family probably did know of her troubles but obviously they aren't going to tell the public (and why would they), nor would the police release that info. But to be troubled or have a history of problems doesn't warrent having something bad happen to you. I'm sure there are many people out there that have problems and they don't get kidnapped, even if it were, for example, drug troubles. I'm sure the family have told the police all there is to know of her problems, if any. I would think her boyfriend would have the most knowledge and would tell them of anything unless he'd keep it to himself for legal reasons(?).

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2010, 01:43:02 PM »
Thanks for that update, it gives us more of an insight into Ann Marie's disappearance. Hoping for the best for all concerned in Ann Marie's disappearance. :o :o :o :o
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 11:11:13 AM by capeheart »

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2010, 10:10:23 AM »
Lady T.  Do you know what type of work her husband did? Do you know if she frequented Tim Horton's at the bottom of the hill, or any other place in town, that is, when she could leave her son in the care of her husband for awhile, so that she would have time to herself?

ladyt

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2010, 04:28:30 PM »
No, I don't know the answers to any of these questions, unfortunately.
I'm not sure if anyone is keeping up with the Facebook page but this was posted by her boyfriend yesterday:
"Fingers point. Thoughts shift. Hearts break even more. If YOU are out there, reading this. Your damage has been done. Please give her up. For this boy."
Obviously, there is information that we just don't know about and there must be a lead that the police are following. Today, according to Facebook, they're trying to organize a search by friends, family, and whomever else wants to help. It's so sad. This little baby boy will probably never see his mother again :(

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2010, 05:07:43 AM »
I always hate to post this kind of thing because of the realization that someone may be throwing a wrench in the search...but then again, fresh eyes in both areas may not be a bad thing.  With 2-3 woman missing within 1-2 months in the same area, it is probably good to post all possible relevent info. So, here goes:

Missing person Ann Marie Shirran may have been spotted west coast of Newfoundland
WEDNESDAY, 28 JULY 2010 22:50 WRITTEN BY LEN HUMES
The Royal Newfoundland Constabulary is providing an update regarding the missing persons investigation into the whereabouts of Ann Marie Shirran, previously known as "Ann Marie Baggs".

The Royal Newfoundland Constabulary has received information from the public that someone matching Shirran's description has allegedly been spotted on the West coast of Newfoundland. RNC officers throughout the province are continuing to search for Shirran, who has been missing from her residence on Brennan Field in Kilbride since July 18th 2010. Shirran is approximately 6' 0" tall, 170 lbs with shoulder length brown/auburn hair and blue eyes.

The RNC Major Crime Unit are following up on all information that has been provided thus far and are continuing to appeal to the public, not only in this province but across Canada. Their investigation continues in the attempts to ensure her safety and well-being.
http://www.oyetimes.com/news/101-canada/4940-missing-person-ann-marie-shirran-may-have-been-spotted-west-coast-of-newfoundland

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2010, 05:10:32 AM »
They held a vigil for Ann Marie on August 4, 2010:

Vigil held for missing St. John's woman
Last Updated: Wednesday, August 4, 2010 | 7:48 AM NT
A quiet vigil was held Tuesday night in western Newfoundland for a woman who vanished from her home in St. John's more than two weeks ago.

Ann Marie Shirran, 32, was last seen July 18 at her home in the Kilbride area of St. John's. A subsequent ground search found no clues to indicate her whereabouts.

More than 100 friends, family and supporters gathered on the Majestic lawn in Corner Brook on Tuesday night to keep Shirran in their thoughts and prayers. Shirran, formerly known as Ann Marie Baggs, had lived in nearby Steady Brook.

Krista Brake, one of the organizers, said candlelight is an important symbol for friends to share as they await Shirran's return.

"Back in the old days they would light a candle and put it in the window for someone to come home and I think that's probably... it's just the comfort of it," Brake told CBC News.

"Everyone standing together, lighting the candles in the hopes that wherever she is, she'll come home."

Claire White, who grew up with Shirran, said the disappearance of an old friend has really hit hard.

"It's hard to think about, that something like this could happen, that somebody could just go for a walk and then nobody hear from them again," she said.

"It's hard to think we could have no idea what happened."

The Royal Newfoundland Constabulary has issued several calls for public help in locating Shirran, and posters with her photo have been distributed across St. John's and have appeared in the Corner Brook area.

Police have described Shirran as being about six feet tall, weighing about 170 pounds and having brown-auburn hair. She was last seen wearing black capri pants, a white sleeveless top and flip-flops.
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/newfoundland-labrador/story/2010/08/04/ann-marie-shirran-vigil-804.html

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2010, 05:16:48 AM »
Interesting comment "An RNC officer said last week that foul play has not been ruled out."

Search continues for missing St. John's woman

Last Updated: Monday, August 16, 2010 | 8:19 AM N

Police continued to search near St. John's Sunday for a local woman who went missing in mid-July.

Royal Newfoundland Constabulary officers began looking for evidence of Ann Marie Shirran in the Blackhead area, between Cape Spear and Shea Heights late last week.

Shirran, 32, from the Kilbride area of the city was reported missing July 18.

Police won't say what led their investigation to the Blackhead area.

An RNC officer said last week that foul play has not been ruled out.
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/newfoundland-labrador/story/2010/08/16/nl-shirran-search-816.html

Also found this information:

Missing N.L. woman may be crime victim: RNC
Fri Aug 13, 1:18 PM
ST..JOHNS (CBC) - Police say they haven't ruled out foul play in the case of a St. John's woman who has been missing since July.

ADVERTISEMENT

Ann Marie Shirran, 32, from the city's Kilbride area, was reported missing on July 18.

On Thursday, police searched the Blackhead area, between Shea Heights and Cape Spear, near St. John's.

Police used boats to search the ocean off Blackhead and cadaver dogs borrowed from the Ontario Provincial Police were used to search the woods and trails in the area until about 9 p.m.

The Royal Newfoundland Constabulary said it could not divulge details of an ongoing investigation but added that the force's investigation led them to the Blackhead area.

"We are [in the Blackhead area] for a specific reason," said Const. Suzanne FitzGerald.

A ground search was launched in wooded areas and ponds near Shirran's home, as well as the Bowring Park area in the days after she was last seen.

The RNC had said it received a tip that Shirran, who formerly lived in Steady Brook and had been known as Ann Baggs, was seen on Newfoundland's west coast. But police said they were unable to confirm that she was recently seen there.
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/cbc/100813/canada/canada_newfoundland_nl_shirran_search813

« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 05:25:04 AM by Concerned »