Author Topic: Ann Marie Shirran | Murdered | St. John's (July 18, 2010)  (Read 46085 times)

Concerned

• View Profile
Re: Ann Marie Shirran, July 18, 2010 - Missing from St. John's:
« Reply #60 on: September 05, 2010, 10:34:43 PM »
Sadly, the remains found in campgrounds last week near Cappahayden have been identified as Ann Marie. Foul play is suspected.

Special thoughts and prayers to her family, friends, and especially her little child.

http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/Canada/20100905/newfoundland-body-100905/

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
Re: Ann Marie Shirran | Murdered | St. John's (July 18, 2010)
« Reply #61 on: September 05, 2010, 10:36:54 PM »
I am glad the family at least knows what happened now. Hop they can solve one quckly now!

amIam

« Reply #62 on: September 06, 2010, 11:00:59 AM »
Newfoundland police have arrested a 39 yr old man regarding Anne Marie's murder.

http://www.canadaeast.com/front/article/1205919

ladyt

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 06, 2010, 12:29:31 PM »
The man that has been arrested is her boyfriend, Dave Folker.
So sad.
A child has to grow up without his mother because of this lunatic that supposedly loved her.

amIam

« Reply #65 on: September 06, 2010, 02:06:05 PM »
ladyt, is this boyfriend, the father of the child or does anne marie have any family to take care of the child?  I read the child was placed in protective custody.  I am wondering if LE were aware all along that this fellow was responsible for her disappearance but we unable to connect the dots until Anne Marie's remains were discovered and LE were in fear for the child's safety. Whatever the case, as you say this dear little one has to grow up without a mother.  So sad for all involved.  And so very senseless..another case of violence against women.

notatowniegirl

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 06, 2010, 04:10:18 PM »
From what I've read, he is the little guy's father. He's got such a hard childhood ahead of him :(

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 06, 2010, 04:12:01 PM »
I just found out today that Ann Marie is deceased, this is so very sad but I can't say it was not expected. I felt that the story was not true from the first, that Ann Marie just walked away and never came home of her own free will. God bless the little child that she left behind and her family and friends that have to go through such a terrible ordeal. From the very first I felt that it was her boyfriend who was responsible. God bless those left behind to deal with this horrible tragedy. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

ladyt

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 06, 2010, 04:30:54 PM »
Why do such senseless acts have to happen? This poor boy left motherless by his father. How can someone be so heartless? I bet he "planted" the rumours all along trying to throw police off but obviously they knew it was him and just needed the body. So sad.  :'( :'( :'(

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 06, 2010, 04:58:18 PM »
LadyT, I just wish those young women with abusive men in their lives would learn from so much violence against women that is reported daily. Women in abusive relationships should just get out now. Leave and don't look back. Move if you have to and stay with a family member. Every day we read about such things in the news. So heartless for a man to take the life of a child's mother. The lives that are ruined by a senseless act of violence. It is hard to believe that anyone can act in such a manner. RIP Ann Marie. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 06, 2010, 05:02:03 PM »
Does anyone know if this child has a warm, loving family member that will take care of him?  Not only did the perp take this mother's life, but her child is changed forever. Where did we get in society that harming another person is even a thought much less carried out? How do we get values and respect back?

Maureen

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 06, 2010, 05:14:52 PM »
RIP Anne Marie and I hope justice will be served. My thoughts and prayers are with her and her little boy.

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 07, 2010, 09:58:21 PM »
David Folker, 39, officially charged with second-degree murder and performing an indignity to a human body. He will remain in custody without a bail hearing. Next court date is September 28, 2010.

A poster said, Ann Marie Shirran was a good friend, and had an amazing singing voice. Her family and friends crowded the court house yesterday.

http://www.thetelegram.com/News/Local/2010-09-07/article-1730214/David-Folker-charged-with-the-murder-of-Ann-Marie-Shirran/1

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 08, 2010, 11:17:19 PM »
There were two deaths in the past week or so, that are extremely disturbing to me and others. There are also many similar, and there will be more;  yet when they are only days apart, the impact seems to be that much harder .... that much more painful to deal with!  :'(

The following is a post I wrote about Sonia Varaschin a few minutes ago.  While writing, the beautiful face of Ann Marie Shirran is also flashing before my mind.  I know while I am writing about one, I am picturing and hurting for the other, as well.   And in the same way, I am reliving the many dozens of posts I've written similar over the past few years.  I still hurt for all those missing and murdered during that period too - the feeling doesn't seem to go away.  Even those I have only learned about on this forum, but never was involved in commenting on, over the years before I joined the site, I've come to know and mourn for in my heart.  This is something we just can't help as each individual's thread grows, and we learn from others, the traits, the stories, the memories of each person.  We become subconsciously attached like family ... hearts ache for the loved ones of the individual as much as for the lost soul.

I know this is all so very extremely heart wrenching.  I wish there was a way we could let Sonia's family and loved ones, and people in Orangeville, know just how deeply so many in this country are sharing the shock, dismay, and nothing short of anger,  at this horrible fate brought on  this beautiful caring and useful woman - at the hands of someone else...someone so useless and uncaring that they don't deserve to be breathing the air we share.   No matter how much it happens, it doesn't make it any less hard to bear when it happens yet again and again.   

Dear God; there's got to be a way to stop this kind of behavior.  All too often, this involves what are supposed to be adults, not animals.  What way are people being bred in this day and age, for so many to turn out so brutal and uncaring for the life of another, and the effects of such an unnecessary and horrible crime on the rest of society as well?  I'm sure if a mother knew she was going to raise such an animal, she would never be able to face his birth. 
Words cannot explain the thoughts that go through the minds of so many of us, both posting and reading on this board.  It's as though all we can do is keep preaching, keep spreading the word, keep striving to teach our children the paradox of the principal:  We must not kill!  We must not injure or deliberately hurt our fellow man; yet we must beware to protect ourselves and our children and loved ones from the increasing incidents of human animals among us.... those with no soul and apparently not even the brains they were born with.  My sympathy and love is extended to Sonia's loved ones who mourn her today.

I do hope her family find peace and at least some small degree of comfort,  in the fact that our love goes out to them.... and our tears are shed for their beautiful Sonia .... lost before her time.

RIP Ann Marie - God bless and keep your loved ones. :'(

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 09, 2010, 04:48:23 AM »
Very well said, Lost. Heartfelt, and so very true.