Author Topic: Ann Marie Shirran | Murdered | St. John's (July 18, 2010)  (Read 46340 times)

Concerned

• View Profile
Re: Ann Marie Shirran, July 18, 2010 - Missing from St. John's:
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2010, 05:18:08 AM »
Interesting comment by a post in the comment section of the article:

Offshore1997:  Did anyone elses hair stand up on the end of their neck when they showed where they were searching?
Pretty much same spot as the Dana Bradley crime scene.
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/newfoundland-labrador/story/2010/08/16/nl-shirran-search-816.html

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2010, 04:41:32 PM »
indeed concerned..... creepy.... and I'll bet Shelly Stokes would have serious vibes on this!

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2010, 09:24:14 PM »
I've been to Newfoundland about four times and it is a very rocky rugged coast. And the place they are looking for Ann, surely she would not be walking in that area. The aspect of foul play is definitely in the minds of the police. It would be a miracle if they find Ann Marie in that area. Hoping they can get to the bottom of this case and quickly. :( :( :( :( :(

ladyt

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2010, 05:44:31 AM »
It's not looking good for Ann :(
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/newfoundland-labrador/story/2010/08/23/missing-student-found-rnc-8.html

These types of searches must be making the family sick with worry. It doesn't give much hope for a positive outcome.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2010, 11:08:12 AM »
LadyT:  In reading the comments by readers at the bottom of this article, one reader states that he heard a rumour that  the child is held is in protective custody, and is not with family members.  Why would this be?  Must have been a tip from someone who is "really in the know" about what is going on in that area of Nfld
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/newfoundland-labrador/story/2010/08/23/shirran-search-woods-rnc-823.html#socialcomments

ladyt

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2010, 11:20:55 AM »
I know, I've just read the comment about the child being in protective custody. What does this mean? Obviously, there is a reason the boyfriend is out but what about the rest of her family. Why can't they look after him? Poor kid...he must be so confused.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2010, 05:38:11 PM »
If the child is in protective custody, then there must be a POI or her companion is not the father of the child. Also, they sort of have to take the child in protective custody because of what happened in the Doctor's case in Newfoundland. She took her baby and walked in the water and drowned her and the baby when she was let out on bail. The court system failed that child. I would say the police are not taking any chances with this child. They have to make sure the baby is safe. I am really glad that the police have followed the procedures they have. This is definitely the right road to take with the child.  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 05:42:11 PM by capeheart »

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 24, 2010, 05:25:54 PM »
 If  Ann Marie was out and about, and walking away from her usual neighborhood, I wonder why she wasn't spotted? A 6 ft woman, has a commanding presence.  Quite the mystery

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 24, 2010, 06:15:03 PM »
Jellybean, exactly. I had stated in the first stages of the news she was missing, who saw her after she left home. It doesn't look like anybody saw her except her male companion. There is a lot going on behind the scenes, I think. Hopefully we will know what happened to Ann Marie. Her family certainly must be upset by her disappearance. She is now missing over a month. :o :o :o :o :o

MamaMeanie

• View Profile
Re: Missing from St. John's: Ann Marie Shirran
« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2010, 09:53:48 PM »
 Missing woman may have been spotted on west coast: RNC Submitted
Ann Marie Shirran, formerly known as Ann Marie Baggs, has been missing since July 18.
Published on July 27th, 2010

http://www.thewesternstar.com/News/Local/2010-07-27/article-1609788/Missing-woman-may-have-been-spotted-on-west-coast:-RNC/1

MamaMeanie

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2010, 09:55:36 PM »
If the child is in protective custody, then there must be a POI or her companion is not the father of the child. Also, they sort of have to take the child in protective custody because of what happened in the Doctor's case in Newfoundland. She took her baby and walked in the water and drowned her and the baby when she was let out on bail. The court system failed that child. I would say the police are not taking any chances with this child. They have to make sure the baby is safe. I am really glad that the police have followed the procedures they have. This is definitely the right road to take with the child.  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

I watched the documentary, and followed a lot of news articles on this case, and THIS (Anne Marie) case has nothing in common with that case at all. The mother is missing, and is just a missing person's case, she isn't a risk to her child at all.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 30, 2010, 04:36:01 PM »
I am not saying she is a risk to the child, I am saying it is a possibility that the person she lives with is a risk to the child. They cannot leave a child in the care of someone that the police may think has something to do with Ann Marie's disappearance. I am not saying Ann Marie would do any harm to her child. She is the victim in this case or a person who is in trouble. Maybe I wasn't clear in what I was saying. The important thing is, the child is safe and now we hope Ann Marie is safe somewhere.  ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

lostlinganer

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 31, 2010, 12:05:07 AM »
That is pretty clear to me cape.  A precedent was set here.  Now the child is to be protected first off.  Then try to find Ann Marie.  God only knows what danger she could have been in.  I pray she is hidden somewhere and making sure she's safe.

Also, they sort of have to take the child in protective custody because of what happened in the Doctor's case in Newfoundland. She took her baby and walked in the water and drowned her and the baby when she was let out on bail. The court system failed that child. I would say the police are not taking any chances with this child. They have to make sure the baby is safe.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 31, 2010, 11:20:24 AM »
A long time and still no word about Ann Marie. Lost, did you get my PM, about another case?

lostlinganer

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 31, 2010, 03:04:00 PM »
no Cape, you must have "lost" it... pardon the pun.  However, I wonder if I may have unwitingly replyed even though I didn't receive it.  lol .... if you check out my posts today. ;)