Author Topic: Ann Marie Shirran | Murdered | St. John's (July 18, 2010)  (Read 44659 times)

ladyt

• View Profile
Ann Marie Shirran | Murdered | St. John's (July 18, 2010)
« on: July 26, 2010, 06:01:27 PM »
Ann Shirran was last seen after dark on Sunday evening, July 18, 2010, when she left her home on foot. Ann has limited funds, if any, and was carrying only a purse. Ann is about six feet tall with long reddish/brown curly hair . She has a one year old son who misses her terribly.

SHE IS WEARING BLACK PANTS, A WHITE SHIRT AND GLASSES....

If you have info you can call Crime Stoppers (1800 222 tips) or the RNC (729 8000) which is 24 hour line. You can also try the RCMP, also 24 hours, 709 7267.
Fri. July 23- Helicopter and ground search began in Kilbride yesterday and the ground search continued today. K9 and Rover Search and Rescue ...a total of 75 people...Flyers will be handed out tomorrow (Sat) and posted anywhere and everywhere- telephone poles and businesses and so on. please contact "Sarah Reddy" about where and when or how to obtain flyers.
Please continue to share her picture and information.
Please phone numbers listed if you have ANY information.
729 8000- RNC 24 Hours
Crime Stoppers- 1 800 222 TIPS begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              1 800 222 TIPS      end_of_the_skype_highlighting
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 10:36:18 PM by Chris »

Concerned

• View Profile
Re: Missing from St. John's: Ann Marie Shirran
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 11:34:05 PM »
Ladyt, thank you for posting for Ann Mari who has such a beautiful smile.  I searched for more information that I thought may help the visitors to the thread and found a few more pieces of information they may feel is useful. It is always so helpful to know as much as possible. The visitors of this site have varied perspectives and can be extremely useful. Let us know if there is any other information that may help us search with you.  I'm very sorry to hear that she is missing. And, of course, let's try to get this mom home to her baby. I wish you much luck and offer prayers.

Ground search suspended for missing woman

Last Updated: Monday, July 26, 2010 | 9:52 AM NT Comments4Recommend40

CBC News

A ground search has been suspended for a St. John's woman who has not been seen for more than a week.

The Royal Newfoundland Constabulary says it is still investigating the disappearance of Ann Marie Shirran, who left her home on July 18 for a walk.

Volunteers and police had been searching trails, a wooded area and a pond near her home in the Kilbride area of St. John's. The search had extended to the Bowring Park area.

In appealing for public help in the case this weekend, the RNC disclosed that some residents might know Shirran better as Ann Marie Baggs, the name she had until about six years ago.

Shirran is described as being about six feet tall, weighing about 170 pounds and having brown-auburn hair.

She was last seen wearing black capri pants, a white sleeveless top and flip-flops.

The RNC has pleaded with anyone with information about the case to contact authorities immediately.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/newfoundland-labrador/story/2010/07/26/shirran-missing-search.html

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 01:05:05 AM »
Wow I hope she is found soon. Is there any reason to believe someone might have caused her harm?

Woodland

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 04:59:00 AM »
I wonder who Ann left her son with, after 9:00/9:30 pm that night?  Did anyone else see her that weekend?

capeheart

• View Profile
Re: Missing from St. John's: Ann Marie Shirran July 18, 2010
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 07:57:34 PM »
If Ann left home at 9 or 9:30 and she only took her purse, she was possibly meeting someone. She is a very attractive woman. I have no idea about the area, was it well populated or was it rural. She possibly would not be walking in a wooded area in the evening. As another poster stated, was she seen after she left home??? Is there a male friend that she could have been meeting? Did she have an abusive ex or a current boyfriend who was abusive?? I guess the police would know most of this information. I surely hope that Ann Marie is found safe and she comes home to her son very soon. ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 07:59:49 PM by capeheart »

ladyt

• View Profile
Re: Missing from St. John's: Ann Marie Shirran, July 18, 2010
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2010, 06:53:47 AM »
I believe she lived with her boyfriend and son and I assume that is where the boy was when she went for a walk. The area is just near the city...a small suburb-type area. There have not been any details about where she was going, etc. But I think they're suggesting she was simply going for a walk (safe to do in the area). It seems she has literally vanished without a trace. I am new to this board but would like to use it to the best ability. Did I see a post or something about psychic predictions??

ladyt

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2010, 06:57:25 AM »

ladyt

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2010, 09:25:19 AM »
Rovers Conduct Another Search for Missing Woman

http://www.vocm.com/newsarticle.asp?mn=2&id=7850&popular=1
July 29, 2010
There is still no sign of missing Kilbride woman Ann Marie Shirran. A spokesperson with the Rovers Ground Search and Rescue Team says about 40 volunteers searched from Bowring Park down to the harbour Thursday. They also went back to the Petty Harbour and Long Pond area again. The Rovers were out from late afternoon until nightfall. RNC Sergeant Jason Sheppard says they did not receive any specific information to lead them back to the region, but says the search was a follow up to last week's effort.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2010, 03:25:51 PM »
Does anyone think that Ann could have left willingly to leave St. John's??? Was her relationship an abusive one??? And was Ann known to be depressed over anything or suicidal? Those are questions the police may know and we don't. I don't think she was thinking of suicide, because why would she take her purse? I sure hope that nothing has happened to Ann. Do the police suspect any foul play in her disappearance??? Prayers for Ann to return home to her son. This is a long time for her to be missing. If she left with someone on her own free will, hopefully she will call home and say she is okay. Do any of her friends know if she was troubled or was afraid of her companion or anyone else??? So many questions to be answered in the missing lady. My prayers continue for Ann's return. ??? ??? ??? ???

Woodland

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2010, 05:39:02 PM »
The purse sticks out in my mind with what little has been reported here so far.

If she was going for a walk, as in exercising, relaxing or whatever, it seems odd to take a purse - it hinders that purpose.  Maybe that was her habit though.

If she had a destination in mind, then it would make sense.

I wonder what was in it - all her ID, bank cards, house keys, cell phone etc?  Or did she leave any of these things behind?

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2010, 08:20:04 PM »
Woodland, those are my thoughts also. When I am going for a walk, I usually take my keys in my pocket and I may put my change purse in with a couple of dollars in case I want something. But when going for a walk, I never take my purse. But who witnessed Ann, after she left the family dwelling??? Did anyone see her after she supposedly went for this walk? Who is the person that said she went for a walk? And when did this person report her missing, how many hours after? Maybe that was posted, I don't know. ??? ??? ??? ???

Woodland

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2010, 02:48:06 PM »
Cape - another question that comes to mind along with your thinking is, when was the last time she was seen before she went for this walk.

ladyt

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2010, 03:08:35 PM »
There are so many questions that would be nice to be answered. I'm also wondering why she wasn't reported missing until Monday but she went missing on Sunday night. I would report it that night if my spouse didn't return home from a walk.

Woodland

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2010, 04:37:27 PM »
ladyt - let's hope LE is all over this while info from those around her and close to her is available.

capeheart

• View Profile
Re: Ann Marie Shirran, July 18, 2010 - Missing from St. John's:
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2010, 04:20:06 PM »
If the spouse did not report it until the next day, this is very suspicious. What are the timelines on all of this??? There would be time to commit a crime and destory evidence in all of that time. If Ann had just went for a walk, this is certainly out of the ordinary that the spouse would not have asked for help in looking for her long before the next day. This all does not add up to me. It doesn't sound normal for this kind of thing. Think of it, if you have someone in your home that just went for a walk and obviously they are usually going to say, I'll be gone for a half an hour or whatever. Well when time goes by out of the ordinary you would call a couple of close friends and if they didn't hear from them or they weren't there, the next call would be the police. And if they could not do anything until the next day, get a babysitter and get some friends and go looking for the spouse. :o :o :o :o :o :o