Author Topic: Also Missing From St Johns..Gertrude Fleming-Power-1978-9  (Read 6267 times)

longtimelost

• View Profile
Also Missing From St Johns..Gertrude Fleming-Power-1978-9
« on: July 20, 2010, 04:33:27 PM »
Gertrude Fleming-Power

My mother who i never really met! Went missing from St John's or possibly BC. She was known to be in both places before her disappearance. I saw this website in my searching, felt i might learn something here.
Everywhere i search no menton of her!!! Missing between 1978-1979
Family knows nothing either. I was given up for adoption by my biological father after him and Gertrude split, so i didnt know about her until i met my biological father recently.
Obviously there were police investigations which i am trying to learn all i can about. But i am already soo frustrated. So many missing!!! Its so disheartening. I was brokenhearted to hear of so many others missing and i wish everyone well in their search!!!!
Anyways i figure if i keep plugging away and keep saying her name i might get lucky.
Gertrude was working as a waitress in St Johns and Vancouver. Too close to the Picton murders i am told as well.
Pass her name along for me please, thank you.

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
Re: Also Missing From St Johns..Gertrude Fleming-Power-1978-9
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 05:45:32 PM »
Hi longtime.  It's nice to see you here.   So many people left wondering what ever became of someone who should be among us .... But where, in God's name are they?

I applaud you for taking the initiative to start looking.... although it seems you've always been looking with your heart.

Why not try and gather up your birth certificate and go "very public" trying to find pictures of your biological mother and father.  .... then you could put those on here.  We get tens of thousands of readers from all across the country.  Maybe if people in either area don't know, or ever remember your mother, they might look at your picture and see a resemblance.  Any thing is worth a try.

Don't give up.  There is always a blessed chance for success.

SAP

Re: Also Missing From St Johns..Gertrude Fleming-Power-1978-9
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010, 07:37:59 PM »
Hello Longtime and welcome.

I would suggest doing what 'lostlinganer' mentioned above and here is another link with info given to another, that you might try as well.

http://www.unsolvedcanada.ca/index.php/topic,3648.msg40192/topicseen.html#msg40192

I tried to go into Deepnet search engines but I think I may need  to download and at present I haven't researched enough which to download.
I wish you well and good luck.

eta: Longtimelost, is there any more infromation you could find from your bio-father, or from any of his friends and family that may remember your mom? I've tried with various names, first name variations etc and have found nothing so far. Your mom may have family still living in the area as well, a good place to try for info if you can. Thx.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 08:54:16 AM by SAP »