Author Topic: Jocelyn Amber Bishop | 21 | London, ON | Last Seen June 27, 2010  (Read 9368 times)

Concerned

• View Profile
21 yr old woman goes missing in London, Ontario
THURSDAY, 08 JULY 2010 18:41 WRITTEN BY LEN HUMES
The London Police Service is seeking the public's assistance in locating a missing woman. Jocelyn Amber Bishop was last seen on June 27, 2010 between 1:00 and 2:00 pm. Her destination was unknown at that time.

She was wearing light blue track pants, a red t-shirt and black rubber shoes. It is believed that she was carrying a denim purse resembling a woman's skirt.

Bishop is described as a white female, approximately 5'3", 130 pounds, with shoulder length brown curly hair and brown eyes. Bishop is 21 years of age.

She was last seen walking eastbound on Fanshawe Park Road from the area of Hyde Park Road. Anyone with information in relation to the whereabouts of Bishop is asked to call the London Police Service.
http://www.oyetimes.ca/news/101-canada/4409-21-yr-old-woman-goes-missing-in-london-ontario

Modified date in the header.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 10:29:10 PM by Concerned »

me

• View Profile
Re: Jocelyn Amber Bishop | 21 | London, ON | Last Seen June 27, 2010
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 06:00:04 AM »
Just fixing date.

me

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 06:01:57 AM »
okay, that didn't work, anyone know how to change the date in the subject header? I can only change it for my individual post.

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2010, 10:31:49 PM »

July 09, 2010
JOEY COLEMAN
London police have cordoned off an area in that city close to where a former Burlington woman went missing nearly two weeks ago.

Jocelyn Bishop, 21, a former Assumption Secondary School student who has been living in London for about three years, has been missing since June 27.

The London Free Press is reporting that police have found human remains behind the home where she lived with her boyfriend. London radio station AM980 is reporting neighbours say an arrest has been made in the case.

http://www.thespec.com/article/804711

Woodland

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2010, 05:08:55 AM »
http://www.cjbk.com/news/565/1170246

Jocelyn's cod has been determined as a gunshot wound to the head.  So far her boyfriend, 29 year-old George Christopher Gale has been charged with indignity to a human body and various weapon and drug offences.

LE must be trying to figure out if the gunshot was an accident he tried to cover up, or 1st degree murder.

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2010, 02:16:04 PM »
LE must be trying to figure out if the gunshot was an accident he tried to cover up, or 1st degree murder.
true Woodland. .... the boyfriend was probably only playing around with the gun.... maybe trying to show how mean he can look.... or maybe trying to scare her, to keep her in line  :-\ who knows.

Melissa said the disappearance of Jocelyn for more than an hour or two is totally out of character and they are worried because she suffers from depression and anxiety, which require daily medication.

I wonder how long this poor girl has been suffering depression and anxiety, and for what reason?
God rest her precious soul.

One would have expected a search for a depressed anxious young woman, would have taken place at the time .... not at this time!  I wonder if the area had ever been searched ...and/or was her body moved lately.

My heart and prayers, at this moment, goe out to her family.  I hope her soul is able to rest in peace.  I hope his never rests! >:(
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 02:18:24 PM by lostlinganer »

Edsonmom

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2010, 06:40:25 PM »
Protesters voice their anger
By Kate Dubinski The London Free Press

Last Updated: December 6, 2010 1:12pm

About two dozen protesters braved a snowstorm to protest the release on bail of a London man charged with killing his girlfriend.

Singing "We're not going to take it," and holding signs such as Justice for Women and Women Demand Judicial Accountability, the protesters outside the courthouse were voicing their anger at a Friday decision to release Christopher Gale, 29, on bail.

Gale is charged with second-degree murder in the July 4 disappearance of his live-in girlfriend, Jocelyn Bishop, 21, whose body was found four days later in a shallow grave behind their London home.

Gale also faces gun and drug charges and a count of offering an indignity to a dead body.

"I can't believe this would happen," said Melissa Bishop, Jocelyn Bishop's older sister.

Melissa Bishop and several other family members braved the snowy roads to drive from Burlington to attend the protest.

"Jocelyn's birthday is Boxing Day. I can't believe (Gale) would be able to be out and enjoying this time and Christmas with his family when Jocelyn can't," Melissa Bishop said.

The protest was organized by Megan Walker, executive director of the London Abused Women's Centre. She called Gale's release "appalling."

One woman brought her three children with her to the protest. The weather forced London-area schools to close, but her daughters, she said, thought it was more important to "fight for justice" than to play in the snow.

Monday is also the anniversary of the 1989 Montreal Massacre, in which 14 women were killed at Ecole polytechnique. The day has become a symbol for the fight to end violence and injustice against women.

http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/2010/12/06/16446256.html

goNgo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2010, 07:02:43 PM »
I have to say that I was surprised to see that someone charged with murder was released on bail.  But, I also have to confess that I don't know what is 'typical' in the Canadian justice system.

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2011, 07:39:26 AM »
Just saw this past http://www.awhl.org/newsletter/Fall2010.pdf

Missing Ontario woman mystery grows   
By JOE BELANGER, JANE SIMS and RANDY RICHMOND, QMI Agency   

Jocelyn Amber Bishop, 21, was last seen on June 27.
LONDON, Ont. - Two lovers fight.

The woman disappears.

A body is found in their back yard.

Heavily armed officers arrest the man.

Police call it a homicide investigation.

None of that added up to a murder charge Friday as the mystery of the disappearance of Jocelyn Amber Bishop, 21, continued to grow.

Her boyfriend, Christopher Gale, 29, appeared in court in London, where he was charged with possession of marijuana, cultivation of marijuana, 11 counts of unsafe storage of a firearm, unsafe storage of ammunition, three counts of possessing an unregistered firearm and possession of a prohibited weapon.

There was no mention of any homicide-related charge.

His lawyer, Donald Crawford, later told The Free Press he couldn't say any more than what court had heard.

"I have no evidence or any knowledge it's a murder," Crawford said.

Gale was arrested late Thursday night on Centennial Rd. near St. Thomas.

Camouflaged and heavily armed police surrounded a house about 8:30 p.m., neighbours said.

About three hours later, a man came out the front door, his hands handcuffed behind him, the neighbour said.

"It was all very quiet," said a neighbour. "There was no resistance."

Gale did not live in the house. According to records, the house is owned by one of his aunts and uncles.

With short dark hair, and neatly trimmed beard, Gale showed up in court Friday afternoon with a red, white and black patterned cast on his right hand and wrist. Neighbours say he told them he broke it when his girlfriend hit him with a pipe during their fight June 27.

After Gale was brought into the prisoner's box, he sat down and buried his head in his hands.

His parents sat in the courtroom, but did not speak to the media.

The charges were not read out in court and Gale agreed he understood what allegations he was facing.

Assistant Crown attorney Kenna Dalrymple requested Gale be kept in custody.

Gale's next court appearance is Tuesday and Dalrymple indicated there will be additional charges and the Crown likely would be asking for an adjournment.

Though London police Chief Murray Faulkner described the discovery of human remains as a "homicide" investigation, Det.-Supt. Ken Heslop clarified it was a "homicide-like, or major crimes investigation."

"We're not in a position to call this a homicide," Heslop said Friday.

It will take three to five days to remove and examine the human remains, he said.

"This is a forensic investigation, clearly. But to call anyone a suspect or speculate . . . would be premature."

Heslop said there will be no further media releases until next week, adding investigators will be at the scene through the weekend and, possibly, "into next week."

Bishop was last seen June 27 leaving the house at 1835 Fanshawe Park Rd. W. that she shared with her boyfriend, apparently after they'd had a fight.

Her family members said Gale told them he thought she had gone to her parents' place in Bothwell.

"She said she didn't love him and left and he just assumed she went to her parents," said one relative.

Then Gale called Bishop's parents a week later and asked to talk to her.

Her worried parents then called police and reported her missing. That was Sunday July 4.

That same day, police turned up at the couple's house and interviewed Gale.

Neighbours say Gale was picked up by his mother later that day and driven to her house.

Officers searched the home and property, then released it back to Gale Tuesday, July 6.

But police came back with an RCMP helicopter and OPP cadaver dog.

A body was found in a shallow grave around 11 a.m. Thursday, July 8.

Police erected a tent over the site and have been processing the scene since Thursday afternoon. The body has not yet been removed and police have not yet identified it.

Neighbours said at some point during the week they saw police leave with two "large, clear garbage bags" of marijuana plants, plus one large plant being carried by an officer.

As well, they said police advised them there were weapons in the house.

At some point during the week, Gale left the house again and went to the home in St. Thomas.

Friday, his car remained in the Fanshawe Park Rd. driveway with a bumper sticker that played off the "Got Milk" promotion with the words "Got .50 Cal."

The owner of the property, who asked not to be identified, expressed shock at the discovery of a body and Bishop's disappearance.

He said Gale, a roofer who repaired firearms part time, has lived in the house for 2 1/2 years, while Bishop has lived there for about a year.

"He seemed OK," said the man. "His rent was always paid on time.

"I'm in shock. I couldn't sleep all night. My heart goes out to (her) family."

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2010/07/10/14669886.html
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 07:41:56 AM by Concerned »