Author Topic: Possible child abduction attempt n Charlottetown  (Read 5093 times)

justice

• View Profile
Possible child abduction attempt n Charlottetown
« on: July 08, 2010, 05:04:20 PM »
Hello, I have heard through the grapevine today that there was a possible attempt of an abduction to an 11 year old girl, she was asked directons by a man in a car, and she told him how to get there and he tried to get her to go in the car with him and show him.  A lady was watching and thought the situation looked suspicious and when she approached the man fled in his car.  Way to go to the lady thaty showed such bravery and possibly saved a little girls life.  I am going to try to dig and find some more information, to see if there is descripton, time, etc.  I don't all the facts, but I would rather be safe than sorry and post what I know, I will correct or add as necessary.  So everyone out there, educate your children and make sure they are safe.

Woodland

• View Profile
Re: Possible child abduction attempt n Charlottetown
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 05:11:31 PM »
A tip of my hat to the lady that approached the car - it is our business to enquire when something seems wrong with a childs situation.

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010, 06:49:00 PM »
Awesome action by that woman. Question, Justice, was there any mention of the color, make and model of the vehicle? Description of the perp? Would be great if cameras were around and she could id the vehicle so authorities could get the license number.

justice

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2010, 09:04:51 PM »
This what I am trying to find out, I heard, and I say heard as this was heresay, that  it was an intrepid or similar style and that the man was dark skinned.  But I want to repeat this heresay and I am still trying to locate accurate info. 

murph

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2012, 10:43:06 PM »
This was my daughter and the man in question was never caught

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2012, 07:46:30 AM »
Murpy well thank god your daughter is safe.  Is your daughter able to give a discription of the car or the man?  When did this happen.  Thank goodness for that woman coming forward to the car and scaring him away.

Dulsebunny

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2012, 10:10:33 AM »
Is there a link to the story anywhere? Nothing on CBC but something may have been in the paper or local radio. This is very important information to get out. I have friends and family that I would like to be aware of this.
I'm glad your daughter is safe, Murph and good for the lady who stepped in. We all have to keep an eye out for this kind of stuff.