Author Topic: Another 4 y/o girl abduced from her front yard found safe! Yah!!!!!  (Read 3849 times)

jobo

• View Profile
Re: Another 4 y/o girl abduced from her front yard found safe! Yah!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 06:04:41 AM »
Thank God this little girl was found alive.  On the news it said there was 8 registered sex offenders living in a one mile radius of this little girl's home.  Those numbers are scary, although I believe the perp was from outside the area, probably, hopefully chickened out and did not harm this child at all.  But, if he is not found, one day he will prpbably gather his courage.  It would be nice to see this person turn themself in and get some needed help.

history_major

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 08:49:42 AM »
I saw this story on Nancy Grace last night...and it made me shake with anger...but to read this morning that she was found safe, makes my heart smile!

Sleuth

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2010, 01:11:40 AM »
and the POI shot himself when Police approached him.  The video is quite good. Watch the officer's eyes when a reporter asks the question, "Is he a known sexual offender?"

Person of interest' in Missouri abduction shoots self
By the CNN Wire Staff
July 7, 2010 10:51 p.m. EDT

(CNN) -- A man police wanted to question in the abduction of a 4-year-old Missouri girl shot himself as investigators approached him, authorities in St. Louis reported Wednesday.

The girl, Alisa Maier, was found alive Tuesday night in the St. Louis suburb of Fenton, about 70 miles south of her Mississippi River hometown of Louisiana, Missouri. Her parents identified her from a photograph sent by police there, her grandfather, Roy Harrison, said Wednesday night.

"You couldn't miss the big brown eyes," Harrison told HLN's "Nancy Grace."

But the search went on for the man who abducted her, who was seen driving a dark-colored, four-door sedan with missing wheel covers and a loud muffler. A tip led police to the town of Hawk Point, about 45 miles south of Louisiana, where police found a car oparked outside a home that roughly matched that description, Missouri Highway Patrol Sgt. Al Nothum said.

Before police could speak to the man, "He pulled out a gun and shot himself." Nothum said.

"We are not saying this is our suspect," he added. "We are saying he is a person of interest." Investigators are still treating the case as open, and will continue to take tips until the facts are nailed down, he said.

There were preliminary reports after the shooting that the man had died, but Nothum said Wednesday night that the man was in critical condition. Nothum would not provide any more information about the man or his condition.

Alisa was snatched from the front yard of her home Monday evening as she played with her 6-year-old brother. Harrison said his granddaughter is "a bright young girl" who has talked "a little bit" with her parents about her abduction.

"As to what she's relaying to them, we don't know," he said. "They're staying down there close to the headquarters they've got down there in St. Louis now, so they're able to get people to her, to talk to her."

Anita McKlevis, a neighbor, told HLN's "Prime News" that the town of about 4,000 was overjoyed by the girl's safe return.

"It was like someone gave us all $1 million," McKlevis said. "Everybody is so happy for this little girl and the family. We are going to stick by the family. That's important."

McKlevis said she sent cupcakes to the family's home, "because I know she loves them."

And Harrison said the family was "ecstatic" over Alisa's safe return.

"I've told people earlier, if I could do a backflip, I would," he said. "When we get her back and get the family together, we're gonna have a barbecue and togetherness, and hugs and kisses. I couldn't be any happier."

Alisa was discovered near a gas station car wash after witnesses saw her walking away from the sedan.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/07/07/missouri.abducted.child/index.html?video=true&hpt=T2

Sleuth

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2010, 10:13:06 AM »
One less pedophile for at lot of people to worry about.
I have not had this confirmed but apparently he cut the little girl's hair, that is how he knew her.

July 8, 2010 10:41 AM
Person of Interest in Alisa Maier Kidnapping Dead, Say Missouri Police
Posted by Edecio Martinez

LOUISIANA, Mo. (CBS/KMOV/AP) A man wanted for questioning in the abduction of 4-year-old Missouri girl Alisa Maier has died. The 38-year-old man, Paul Serling Smith, shot himself as officers approached his home Wednesday afternoon and died Wednesday night, said Missouri State Highway Patrol Sgt. Al Nothum

PICTURES: Alisa Maier Kidnapped

Sources close to the investigation say a store reported that Smith purchased clothing from the store. That led officials to a property in Lincoln County, Missouri. When police approached the property, Smith apparently shot himself.

Smith was a convicted sex offender who was released from jail two weeks ago after an arrest on drug charges. He pleaded guilty to sodomy in 1995 and was sentenced to 15 years in prison. The victim in that crime was 10 years old.
Alisa was snatched on Monday from the front yard of her Louisiana, Missouri home at about 8 p.m. Her 6-year-old brother witnessed the kidnapping, and told police a young man in a dark-colored car pulled up and ordered Alisa to get in.

A little more than a day later, a dark-colored car was seen at a car wash in St. Louis County, some 70 miles to the south. About that same time, a child was seen wandering around the car wash. It turned out to be Alisa.

Police followed up on more than 100 leads in the search for her kidnapper. About 4:30 p.m. Wednesday, officers approached a tiny home in Hawk Point, Mo., a small community that sits between Louisiana and St. Louis County. As officers sought to talk to a man they described as a "person of interest," he pulled out a gun and shot himself.

St. Louis County Police spokesman Rick Eckhard stopped short of calling Smith a suspect. But Eckhard said a dark-colored car parked outside the home matched descriptions given by Alisa's brother and by a witness at the car wash.

Still, Eckhard said there may be other persons of interest and that it was "too soon to say" whether the investigation was coming to an end.

At least 60 police officers and more than 100 residents, some from as far away as St. Louis, joined in the frantic search for Alisa.

Anyone with information about the suspect or a car matching the above description, is asked to please contact police at 314-889-2341.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20009942-504083.html

Baba Donya

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2010, 12:04:23 AM »
Incredible! What a Wonderful Story for this little munchkin!

The pedophile at least used his own bullet!

Those people responsible for releasing him back into society need to readdress the responsibility they owe to the children who are easy prey for these sickos!

NO MATTER WHAT...WE ALL KNOW THAT IT IS A BIG BUSINESS THAT THESE JAILS RELY ON THE INCOME OF REOFFENDERS!

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2010, 07:15:17 AM »
It is very fortunate this little girl was released, apparantely unharmed.  The police did good work too, but heck, it would have been a lot easier to track him if this perp was wearing a moniter that all sexual predators should be made to wear.
This perp had already done 10 years for sodomy on a minor....obviously not cured, he should have been much easier to track.   Luckily it turned out okay for that darling little girl..

SAP

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2010, 08:48:16 AM »
Yes thank God the little one is okay, and at least one pedo is off the streets.

Sleuth

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2010, 08:51:18 PM »
Pardon?

I've heard and read a lot of story from essay help about children being kidnapped and that was frustrating but you this kind of story. You'll jump on your sit and give thanks to the Lord that someone is being saved.