Author Topic: Spencer Middleton - Age 14 - murdered | Stonewall, Mb (1980)  (Read 27895 times)

Jfly76

• View Profile
Re: Spencer Middleton - Age 14 - murdered | Stonewall, Mb (1980)
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2013, 10:18:14 PM »
Hello everyone!  Though I was never blessed with the opportunity to meet Spencer, my parents had a close tie to the family as they were his Godparents. For whatever reason, today, I was struck with his memory. I can still visualize his school photo in one if my parents' albums. I was only 4 years old when he was killed so, it was many years before my parents explained to me what had happened and even as a young kid, I just couldn't imagine what a 14 year old child could do to deserve such a fate. The devastation to the family made everyday living an extreme challenge, that is something that as a mother now myself, I cannot imagine going through. This is the first of many times I've tried to find info on the case and I'm so appreciative for all the comments etc as this is the most I've ever known about it. I'm sure Spencer smiles upon us all when he sees how often he is thought of.....  Wish I'd had a chance to meet my 'GodBrother', as my kids say!!!❤  God bless you all!

M.A.K.

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2017, 10:32:50 PM »
WillyThickFoot   I read your posts on this site...but it's now 2017 and time marches on. I was involved in this case, because Dave Brown, whose mother owned the yellow Chevy vega that James "Skip" Skinner often borrowed, was my friend. But, I also knew the Middletons a bit because I was their paperboy in the early 70's. I also knew Skip Skinner because I worked with him at Perimeter Aviation and got my ride into work with him for our 10:30 nightshifts. My name is Mark Krul...and I had to go up against Brodsky in court...where,thank God for a sharp memory for accurate details, I prevailed over him and Skinner ...twice!. One of the original policemen to work on this case was Bob Urbanowski who successfully solved the Helen Betty Osbourne cold case in The Pas.  Maybe next time I go to Stonewall, which isn't very often, I will look up the policeman who lives there...I think it's Randy Gushulak...butI'm not certain, could be Bob.  I hope, despite some of the unsavoury people that Spencer came to be associated with, that we all remember that he was just a youth who deserved to live his life like everyone else. We should all never forget him or the Middleton family!  If you want to reply to this post please do.   M.A.K. out !

M.A.K.

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2017, 11:00:51 PM »
Harper...I know what you're talking about...other people that the police were interested in...Randy Gushulak told me about this. However, Skip Skinner was staying with Jack and Gay Brown because they were part of a prison outreach program at Stony and they had made arrangements to take Skip in once he was released so he could make a new start.  I believe he was just finishing a ten year sentence for armed robbery. Randy Gushulak and Bob Urbanowski told me that Skinner was always the #1 suspect because even though there were some scumbags in Stonewall, they weren't on an armed robbery scale of scumbag. I was friends with Dave Brown and I never liked Skip from day one.  My buddy Dave had some tithe money saved up for the church we both attended and Skip took the money and bought Jack Brown a chainsaw for Christmass with this stolen money. Over many years I was interviewed again and again by the police. i went to their main headquarters at the time on Portage ave, for hypnosis etc. When I left Stonewall in 1980, my mom told me that Skinner was constantly asking all my friends where I had moved to...and in the  summer of 1981, when I looked out of my second story apartment window, much to my horror, I saw Skinner walking down the street peering up at my apartment block, hunting me down, probably to find out what i told the police...or worse, who knows. He never got to me...and when the preliminary hearing and then trial happened ...I got to him!  I will never forget this as long as I live.