Author Topic: 12 year old who killed family could move to group home  (Read 4799 times)

jobo

• View Profile
Re: 12 year old who killed family could move to group home
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2010, 08:06:16 AM »
This girl was 12 when her and her boyfriend murdered her family.   First of all I would say a 12 year old knows right from wrong....especially when it comes to wiping out her family.   I understand that a 12 year old could easily be swayed by a 20 something boyfriend, and begin to hate her parents, but to murder her little brother??   How could she agree to that?    She had to know how wrong that was......but she went along with the crime.  Now she needs to do her time, which is 10 years.   That means she would be out at the age of 22.   I would like to see her under some probation for another 10 years after that.   
I say NO to putting her in a group home setting, by the end of the summer.  She has not payed her price to society.  Do these so called experts not realize how conniving teenagers can be??   It is easy to "go with the flow"  in a supervised setting..but what happens when she is out and about with the other group home kids??   By CBC's account, this girl has not accepted the severity of her crime....she should have by now.  She is obviously a follower.

Sleuth

Re: 12 year old who killed family could move to group home
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2010, 11:13:42 AM »
And to add what jobo has said. I think the girl should have supervision for life. Touch base once a week for the first 5 years with her PO and then once a month for the rest of her life. Also with strict conditions attached, one being an ankle bracelet to monitor her whereabouts at all times. The reason being, and to quote from the above article; "That hearing heard the girl was making progress in therapy but was lagging in accepting the severity of her crimes. " I think this young girl is a psychopath, and we will be hearing more about her in the future. I know we haven't heard from Hulmoka.....yet.