Author Topic: Abducting and Traumatizing Children in Bowden | June 17, 2010  (Read 4541 times)

Concerned

• View Profile
The culture that it is open season on children needs to stop. Really? A child is riding a bike and someone thinks boy, what an opportunity?  When did this become acceptable? What in the world is wrong with these people. Any ideas to putting an end to it?

News Canada
Girl, 7, kidnapped for two hours
By KATIE SCHNEIDER, QMI AGENCY
Last Updated: June 19, 2010 5:30am

CALGARY - Mounties are hunting for a man who kidnapped a seven-year-old girl in Bowden before dropping her off two hours later on rural road.

The girl was riding her bike near the arena at 5:45 p.m. Thursday in the town, about 100 km north of Calgary, when a man abducted her and her dog.

At 8 p.m., she and her dog were found at a house about 8 km northwest of Bowden after being dropped off by the man on a rural road.

RCMP Cpl. Kathe Deheer said police are still trying to get more details on what happened but added the incident was traumatic for the girl.

Deheer could not say if the girl was molested or injured, but said she was taken to hospital and treated.

It's not known if the girl had been reported missing.

Meanwhile, the abduction has shaken the town of 1,200 people.

Edith Wouters, who works at the Bowden Reddi Mart about a block away from the arena near where the girl was abducted, said the kidnapping has people in town talking and being cautious.

"It's pretty crazy for our small town," she said.

"There's people who aren't letting their kids outside unwatched."

The convenience store has offered surveillance video to police that may have caught the suspect filling his car with gas, she said.

katie.schneider@sunmedia.ca

http://www.torontosun.com/news/canada/2010/06/19/14447226.html

Livvy

• View Profile
Re: Abducting and Traumatizing Children in Bowden | June 17, 2010
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 01:00:30 PM »
I am so glad this little girl is safe at home now!  I live near Bowden and this is a town that is right on Highway 2, so it could have been anyone travelling that very busy highway. My son came home with a letter from school telling parents about this, scariest thing ever.  I hope they catch this low life really soon. 

I signed my kids up for a sttranger smarts course last April and the cancelled it due to lack of interest! Even the biggest newspaper in the area, The Red Deer Advocate, took 2 days to mention it on their website.  The people in my area really need to open their eyees and see that this can happen to any of us.  I travel highway 2 alot and I will be looking for that truck!

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2010, 05:39:33 AM »
Wow this is really weird.

Bowden is a town with a prison.

Glad she was home safe.

Sleuth

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2010, 11:28:30 PM »
Does anyone know if anything more has come out on this man, and I use the term loosely? Anything turn out usable on any video's? I hope he is caught before anymore little ones are taken and are not dropped off on a rural road.

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2010, 04:55:46 AM »
Well there was mentuin of a gold or arange pick up.  Those gold color vehicles again.

Child abducted in Bowden
Aaron Burnett and Glory Przekop  Jun 18, 2010 18:56:57 PM
0 Recommendation(s)
Olds RCMP are looking for a man who allegedly abducted a seven year old girl Thursday night in Bowden.

She was riding her bike with her dog near the town arena around 5:45 p.m. when  investigators say a man approached her and grabbed her.   He took her bike and dog as well.

The man then dropped her off with her dog about two hours later on a rural road northwest of the town.  From there RCMP say she walked to the nearest residence for help.

The suspect was said to be driving an orange or gold pick-up truck.  He's described as having olive coloured skin and a round face.

http://www.660news.com/news/local/article/68130--child-abducted-in-bowden

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2010, 04:59:52 AM »
And he could have been scouting the daycare across from there.

Child Abduction in Bowdendaycare in her home, across from the place the abduction occurred.
http://www.citytv.com/edmonton/show/news/article/79391?showuid=78194

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2010, 05:04:19 AM »
And a better description of vehicle and timeline.

RCMP continue to search for suspect in child abduction
Updated: Thu Jun. 24 2010 15:55:08

ctvedmonton.ca

RCMP in Olds continue to investigate after a seven-year-old girl was abducted one week ago.

Police say the little girl was riding her bike with her dog in the Town of Bowden when a man allegedly approached her, and then abducted her. Police say the girl's bike and her dog were taken as well.

Then a few hours later, police believe the suspect dropped the girl and her dog off on a rural road. The seven-year-old then walked to a nearby house for help.

Investigators now say they have uncovered new details in the investigation.The child's bicycle was recovered north of Carstairs on Saturday. And officers believe they have figured out a timeline of events on the day of the abduction.

They say the child was riding her bike between 6 p.m. and 6:15 p.m. last Thursday with her dog on the south side of 19th Avenue between 22nd Street and 23rd Street in the Town of Bowden.

Police say a truck drove up, stopped, and a man got out. The man then forcibly put the girl in the backseat of the truck, picked up the small dog by the tail and threw it in the truck, and put the bike in the box of the truck.

It is believed the man then drove out of Bowden on Highway 2A heading south, through the Town of Olds, and continued south toward Carstairs. The suspect stopped at an unknown location north of Carstairs for a period, and at that point got rid of the child's bike.

The truck then drove back past Bowden and around 8 p.m., the girl was dropped off eight kilometres northwest of Bowden on a gravel road.

Police have also gained a more detailed description of the suspect's vehicle.

The truck is described as:

Full-size pickup truck
Shiny metallic paint possible grey/gold
A club or Crew cab with a full backseat
Four full sized doors, all of which open toward the back
Dark colored interior
Rubber floor mats

The suspect is described as:

Thin build
Olive or darker colored complexion
Short spiked black hair
Facial hair stubble
May have an accent
He was wearing blue jeans, a blue shirt with light-colored horizontal stripes, and dark colored shoes.

Police are asking anyone who may information on this incident to contact them at 403-556-3323 or through Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.

http://edmonton.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20100624/edm_bowden_100624/20100624/?hub=EdmontonHome

Bobby Lee

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2010, 12:44:52 AM »
thank God she is ok, i find it strange he took the dog too.