Author Topic: Unidentified Female Found | 18 - 30 yo | Clarington ON | October 27, 2006  (Read 56389 times)

sherlockholmes

• View Profile
If I recall correctly, I read on the Elizabeth Bain thread that her mother was a Filipina. The skull found does have high cheekbones...

jobo

• View Profile
I always keep Elizabeth Bain in mind, when pouring through crimes, and locations.    We need to know if she ever had nose surgery, since they are saying these unidentified remains did have surgery.    There is not a whole lot of info on Elizabeth, unfortunately.

sherlockholmes

• View Profile
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 02:16:55 PM by sherlockholmes »

art-hu

• View Profile
I thought of Elizabeth Bain too. Would'nt the investigators look into who has had nose surgery.??
1979 to 06 is quite a lengthy time span. You would think, they could narrow down the years of bones being exposed to the elements. Just wondering.
Maybe the large ring wasn't even worn on a finger, but left as a momento, or worn on a necklace.
The colored shirt looks like it's from the 80's.???

jobo

• View Profile
I always think and hope that police go through everyone when trying to match unidentified remains.   Correct me if I am wrong, but Elizabeth Bain's info doesn't come up much.   I believe I read that her parents still believe Baltovich did it, eventhough he has been cleared in a court of law (rightly so)  and they do not push LE for more.  Sad....all around.

sherlockholmes

• View Profile
1979-2006? I recall reading that the penny found with the remains was minted in 1980.

Jessica-

• The truth will come to light; murder cannot be hid
    • View Profile
My mother worked at Darlington and I remember her telling me that the police were searching the fields. Apparently the police had been asking everyone questions, but they were leaning more towards the person of interest being a truck driver since there is a truck stop not to far from their.

Anyways here is a new article, I live in Oshawa so I seen this in the local paper.

http://www.durhamregion.com/news/clarington/article/172975

Jessica-

• View Profile
Also, I read some where else that it wasn't necessarily a nose job, but a well set fracture. In my opinion, I'm thinking abusive relationship, women gets away and gets killed. Im also thinking if she was really well kept then maybe her clothing style was to date (ie) brand new watch and shirt.
But that is just my opinion.

"The skull exhibits signs of a well-healed nasal fracture that was either extremely well-set by a doctor or as the result of rhinoplasty. You know, this person certainly did take care of [herself]," Det. Nash said.

http://www.680news.com/news/local/article/129834--durham-police-uncover-more-evidence-in-cold-case
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 12:12:02 PM by Jessica- »

Greenley Family

• View Profile
I don't mean to put a damper on things but how come the new profile of the skull remains is so different from the original that was posted here on an earlier post.  How can they be so far off.  It just makes you wonder what one is more accurate.  Sorry!

Jessica-

• View Profile
I don't mean to put a damper on things but how come the new profile of the skull remains is so different from the original that was posted here on an earlier post.  How can they be so far off.  It just makes you wonder what one is more accurate.  Sorry!

I was wondering that too, it makes you even wonder if they are close? I feel like this case will never be solved, I hope it is solved but to me there is so much inconsistency, and so much unknown.

jobo

• View Profile
I heard on some show the other night "the skull doesn't lie", but in this instance, something is wrong.  I agree with you that these 2 reconstructions are very different from each other.   Perhaps with the first one the artist went overboard with the Rinoplasty idea, and in the second reconstruction they made the nose a more regular nose, as they had said it was well healed.
This whole story has many questions.   Why did it take two different searches, so far apart in time to come up with some very good clues?  They should not have missed them the first time.  Why aren't these clues leading the police to someone?   The ring was bought in Oshawa, I would think they should have been able to get more info on the ring. 
The police know who is missing from GTA and I hope to God they have gone through each woman missing in that time frame.    I thought of Jami Furnandiz (missing from Oshawa/Port Perry) and also Elizabeth Bain (missing from Scarborough).    I would think and hope the cops did too.

Greenley Family

• View Profile
I was also thinking of Jami Furnadiz, Her description is pretty close to the newest composite of the skull.  Why are they not checking into this!!!!  I am losing faith in the system Sorry!

Angela Ellis

• Webmaster/Founder of www.nampn.org
    • View Profile
They have looked at hundreds of woman, it is very likely that this woman was never reported missing. As for the reconstruction, the most recent one will be most accurate imho since the artist is one of the best out there.

jobo

• View Profile
The ring has to be one of the best clues on this woman's identity. The ring is from an Oshawa store...the remains were found near Darlington, not that far away.   I would tend to think this victim is from that area. Durham.  Who would not report her missing?   Like really, how often do people go missing and no one ever asks questions?   I suppose her boyfriend/spouse could say she ran off with another guy, and family would believe it....but I wouldn't.   
Composites may be great for many, but I do not do well with composites.   Would they have known if this woman had previously given birth?  It does not say one way or the other.   The more exposure the pics of the clothes and ring gets, and now the new composite, perhaps someone will see it.   It needs to be shown in Durham more. 

cagney

• View Profile
I'm new on here and have been trying to read all the different threads to get caught up, but that will take me days......:)

I live in the GTA and have recently seen some news stories about the remains of the female, found by the Darlington Nuclear plant in 2006.  They have released a new composite and are hoping to identify her.  With the three different reconstructions now, hopefully someone will recognize her and contact the police!

I attached the three images, maybe someone on here may even recognize her.