Author Topic: Unidentified Female Found | 18 - 30 yo | Clarington ON | October 27, 2006  (Read 57687 times)

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
Re: Unidentified Female Found | 18 - 30 yo | Clarington ON | October 27, 2006
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2010, 09:24:11 PM »
http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/article/891964--who-is-this-woman
OOps this is a better article in Toronto Star.  Jewellers closed in 96, and Tip Top Tailor's  sold this type of Blue Rodeo brand, until the Band complained about copy rights in 1996. Sorry about that loll.

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2010, 08:07:46 AM »
Oh yes...Blue Rodeo the band.   I wasn't clueing in.  I love their music.  They still play in Ontario a fair bit.

Greenley Family

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2011, 08:12:47 PM »
To me the ring,watch and shirt look like a mans.  Tip Top Tailers was a mans store i thought back than.  Maybe its the skull of a man rather than a women and maybe those articles were misplaced or thrown there at a different time.  Oriently men are usually of a smaller stature than the average man.  Maybe that would explain the nose thing too, maybe it was badly broken.  Just a thought, also isn't Darlington Provincial Park out that way too, people are always passing through there and probably lose things on the way such as clothing and such.  Thats my thought and i am a women and i really think they look like mens belongings, i myself certainly wouldn't pick them out to wear.

smartie

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2011, 01:25:29 PM »
Maybe she wore the ring on a chain, or carried the watch in her pocket?  Family heirlooms maybe.  I wear a size 11 ring- and there is no way I could wear a small watch- sometimes i carry one in my pocket.

Greenley Family

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2011, 04:57:10 PM »
I think it was stated though that the ring looked liked it had been worn rather than in a jewelery box somewhere, i guess referring that it had maybe scratches and wear marks on the ring.  I think if it was worn on a chain it would have been still attached to it,  Girls usually don't carry a watch in their pockets, thats usually a mans thing.  The watch and ring just looked too goddie and big for it to be a womens.  I have a question though what size was the shirt do they know?  But it too looks like a mans,  What about this red ribbon also found what kind of ribbon was it?  Was it like a scarf or bandana or headband or something like that?

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2011, 06:15:00 AM »
For the past two days I have been pouring through missing files, to try to come up with something.    One thing I did notice about this unidentified body is that they do have DNA.   I would imagine that because they do have DNA, they know for sure it is a woman.  I read somewhere they are looking for a woman that went missing anywhere from 1979-2006.  Quite the length of time to have to check back through.

Greenley Family

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2011, 07:35:47 AM »
Is it possible that the ring,watch and shirt don't belong to the female remains.  Is there anything that can be examined on the ring,watch and shirt other than where it came from and the brand?  What was the size of the shirt?  Are there continued searches in that area where the remains and the ring, watch and shirt were found because obviously there must be more to be found?

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2011, 08:28:56 AM »
In October 2006 a citizen originally came across this unidentified woman's skull.   At that time the police search found the digital watch, a 1980 Cdn.penny, a piece of red ribbon, and a small red heart-shaped object.
In 2010 the police returned for another search of the area (as it had dried up considerably) and found the lady's gold garnet ring (size 9 1/2) and the unique multi-coloured shirt (I believe it was BlueRodeo brand).

I would have thought they would have found more bones, not sure if they did though.   I found a few names, that I am going to look into today.   One that came to mind is Elizabeth Bain...which I noticed this morning someone else mentioned yesterday on another thread....can't seem to find it right now, but that person was wondering what ever happened to her case.   Well, it was never solved, and strangely enough, I have not come across her name on any missing sites I have been searching lately.   Her body has never been found.  Her ex was cleared after being wrongly accused.    I found it coincidental that someone wondered about her yesterday on here, while I was probably making my mental note to double check her description, I can picture her, and her beauty, but I am looking for a missing woman to fit this Clarington unsolved, that has had an operation on her nose.   I think that is our best clue on matching the body to the person.     Just my opinion, though.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2011, 12:41:29 PM »
There is a thread on this woman, and yes the ring is quite large.  I posted on it, and researched it, and this is not a child  also, the Blue River Band was going through the town at the time.  This was not a child.  Sorry, I will look back and try and find the thread and let you know.

PEACE
JB

Greenley Family

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2011, 12:47:10 PM »
Maybe you should check out Misty Murray the girl that went missing on this site.  Apparently she wore rings on every finger and had red shorts on when she disappeared so maybe the red ribbon and heart shape decall would have matched her shorts.  By the sounds of it she looked after herself really well and liked nice things.  Just a thought

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2011, 04:22:22 PM »
I had read about Misty Murray in my travels on www the other night, and kindof discounted her.   She had a gap between her teeth, which put me off, and it doesn't mention anything about any kind of nose operation.    I do, however, think there is some likeness with her and the unidentified woman's composite.   And, if she liked to wear rings, then the garnet one should be easy for her parents to identify.   Also, the ring is stamped with Burns Jewellers, a store in Oshawa, which I don't think would be someone from Goderich's first choice to go to buy a ring, unless they knew the owner or something.
As a side note,  did you see how the authorities railroaded Misty's Dad?    He lost almost everything.    Nothing like the disgraced (colonel) Williams and his wife's story is it?  Sad, how someone like Misty's family suffers the loss of their 16 yr old daughter, and Dad is wrongly accused, loses almost everything,(some due to negligence on the part of LE) and has to start all over. 
 Then you have the Williamses.  Their hardwood flooring is replaced by us taxpayers, instead of just being refinished..   Meanwhile both parties that owned the house at the time, were each making salaries over $100,000.   One of them being a serial panty raider and a serial killer.   Something wrong with that whole picture. 
Also, I wonder why they can't trace that ring through Burns Jewellers....
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 04:23:58 PM by jobo »

Greenley Family

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2011, 05:40:47 PM »
Well probably at the time she disappeared they weren't thinking to mention that because its not something that you would think would be significant unless you were looking at a skull.  Maybe someone should ask the family about that  if she had some kind of surgery with her nose.   Maybe they should also show the ring to the family.  With her teeth, yes it said there was a gap but also it said on the skull remains the front teeth were out or something like that.

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2011, 06:32:03 PM »
Last year I had speculated about Jami Furnandiz.. there is already a thread on this site for her, missing from Oshawa.
Here is a Link (I'm practising  ;))     
Home     Search : Missing Adults / Unidentified Adults      View A Specific Case 
Back to search results
Previous Case - Next Case 

Name : FURNANDIZ, Jami Charlene
Case : ON-MF-1997-10-01069

Date Of Disappearance :  15 October 1997
Additional Images
Location Of Disappearance :  Port Perry, Ontario
Age At Disappearance :  18 years
Height (estimate) :  175 - 176 cm (5'8" - 5'9")
Weight (estimate) :  74 - 75 kg (163 - 165 lbs)
Hair Colour :  Blonde
- shoulder-length, strawberry blonde, red or auburn 
Eye Colour :  Brown
Race :  Caucasian

Dental Information :  Unknown
Medical Information :  Unknown
Notable Identifiers :  Left shoulder - tattoo showing a red heart with an arrow through it
Ankles - one ankle has a tattoo of a black spider; other ankle has a tattoo of the name "Stefan"

Clothing/Jewelry :  Jacket - black jean jacket
Pants - blue jeans
Shoes - "Doc Marten" brand
Other Personal Items :  Unknown

Additional Information :  At the time of her disappearance, Jami was visiting friends in Oshawa. She was last seen in downtown Oshawa.

905-579-1520 ext. 5223

OR

Crime Stoppers 905-436-TIPS (8477) or Toll-Free at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477)
Source Links :  Durham Regional Police Service
Lindsay Daily Post - 2001-05-09 
Last Modified :  2010-11-17

Progressed to age 23

Copyright 2007 - 2010 

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2011, 06:35:11 PM »
Actually that didn't work properly..hmm.  There was pics of her too.    Check out the thread already started in other locations in Ontario.   She was a heftier woman than most on missing lists, perhaps a bigger ring?
Also, she had a heart tattoo, (fondness for hearts?)

Greenley Family

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2011, 11:11:38 PM »
I just viewed Jami Furnandiz missing persons file and you are so right that would explain a bigger ring and yes possible the heart too.  She was a young mom, and at the age of 18 she would of probably had her wisdom teeth because i remember them saying that the remains had a wisdom tooth.  Where she went to visit was a rough low income side of town in Oshawa and than to hitch hike, gosh didn't she have other options.  Her style of clothing was very casual black jean jacket, jeans, and doc martens so maybe that Blue Rodeo shirt would of fit right in with her style.  Being in Oshawa too, so its quit possible to purchase the ring at Burns jewelers, maybe it was from her boyfriend, maybe the baby's father.  Very interesting