Author Topic: Unidentified Female Found | 18 - 30 yo | Clarington ON | October 27, 2006  (Read 57650 times)

jobo

• View Profile
Re: Unidentified Female Found | 18 - 30 yo | Clarington ON | October 27, 2006
« Reply #105 on: November 23, 2011, 08:34:52 PM »
DNA can definetely determine sex.  But, keep digging Jessica-, one day this mystery will be solved.

Jessica-

• The truth will come to light; murder cannot be hid
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 19, 2012, 11:00:52 PM »
A man harvesting dogwood plants called police on his cellphone when he stumbled across a skull in a boggy field at Holt Rd. and the South Service Rd., just off the eastbound 401 exit near Bowmanville, on Oct. 27, 2006.

Source: http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/article/891964--who-is-this-woman?bn=1#article

This statement has truly always bothered me. As far as I'm concerned harvesting Dogwood plants is usually done in the spring time, as they are just starting to pollinate and bloom . I asked my grandmother  and she informed me Dogwood plants from the wild can carry some disease so anyone who is familiar with dogwood plants (as this person should have been) they should already be aware of this as it is a known fact on these plants. Not to mention flooding (which is what stopped the search from continuing and why the field was boggy) ruins the Dogwood plants and can actually kill them, resulting in a bad "batch" of plants.Not to offend anyone, but maybe the person who found her maybe felt guilty. Not saying they killed her but maybe they knew where she was and it weighed heavy on them.

Although that does seem a bit off what also worries me is that Dogwood plants are a source of food that attract many animals, from Foxes, Raccoons, deer and birds. Their main source of food was near this poor women, who knows what those animals could have taken and made a nest out of. I really think if the DRPS searched the fields near by and forest they honestly might find more clues. DRPS GET ON IT!

/ crazy theories.

Coral

« Reply #107 on: February 20, 2012, 03:43:36 PM »
Do we know for certain that this female was murdered?  If I understand correctly, a skull was found, and later some items of clothing and a ring.  Could she have been walking out there, whether it be just a stroll, or a vagrant living in the field, and died from the elements, perhaps in a snowstorm, without proper clothing on?  Do we know for certain that the items found were hers?  Was her DNA found on these items, or could they belong to someone else?
If she was murdered, do we know for certain that all of her was placed in this location?  Is it possible she was dismembered and only her skull was placed here?
I find it hard to believe that all this evidence is here, and no one has made a connection.  Maybe there is too much unrelated evidence, and there is no connection which is throwing people off and discounting who she is, where she is from, her age, etc. Maybe those items were in the field before her.
We need a clearer statement from law enforcement as to what was found, if it has her DNA and is hers for certain.  I also think that more of an effort needs to be made to link her and her DNA to that of missing people across Canada. Maybe she was abducted when she was younger.  She may have been held somewhere, and killed when she was older.  I can't understand how in this day and age with so much technology and advancement, we can't figure out who she is.

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 20, 2012, 04:10:51 PM »
I would like to hear back from belleprincess2001...her Reply #62 is on this thread.   

I agree Coral, you would think this is more solvable than it has proved to be.  I would at the very least think there would be better answers regarding the jewellrey.  Belleprincess2001 says her sister (Jami) had a ring like the one found.

Coral

« Reply #109 on: February 20, 2012, 04:18:00 PM »
I think Belleprincess said her sister had an amber ring.  Those are usually brown.  Amber can be lighter and yellowy, or dark and brown.  The ring found in the vicinity of the skull is red, likely garnet or ruby.  It does not sound like the same ring.

Jessica-

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 20, 2012, 04:58:20 PM »
Coral I absolutely agree with you, I have asked the officers questions and I never received any reply, not even a "I'm sorry we cannot discuss this matter". So many theories go through my head, Hitch hiker, murdered, Homeless, Suicide? I honestly think there is another body out in the woods or fields. There are so many areas for another body to be discarded and I believe this because of  A) The clothing is male B) The watch and ring don't really add up, one is for a larger person where as the watch is for a small wrist .

The Police need to search the surrounding area, I'm sure they would locate something else whether it be I.D or another artifact.
How are people suppose to help if we're willing to help but the police aren't willing to put in the effort, what have they done since 2010? HIRED A SKETCH ARTIST. There has been no other developments or searches since 2010 except for a sketch from Diana Trepkov, which might I add is a very good sketch but looks NOTHING like the other ones, so what sketch do we go by?

« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 05:06:12 PM by Jessica- »

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 20, 2012, 05:24:03 PM »
It appears that police have not given up on identifying this lady. This article is from March 2011.

Homicide Investigators Handing Out Flyers in InvestigationAnyone with new information is asked to contact Det. Chuck Nash (ext. 5402) or D/Cst. Murray Rose (ext. 5420) of the Major Crime Homicide Unit at 1-888-579-1520. Anonymous tips can be made to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or www.durhamregionalcrimestoppers.ca and tipsters may be eligible for a cash reward of up to $2,000. 

http://www.drps.ca/internet_explorer/whatsnew/whatsnew_view.asp?ID=18693

Below is a new image. At the link there is also a PDF file that can be viewed.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 08:42:09 PM by debbiec »

Jessica-

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 20, 2012, 05:42:40 PM »
Funny, I live in Whitby and travel to Oshawa daily, and I have yet to see a flyer.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 20, 2012, 06:15:49 PM »
Funny, I live in Whitby and travel to Oshawa daily, and I have yet to see a flyer.

It sounds like these flyers were delivered right to people's doors. That may explain why you haven't seen any.

The flyers are being hand-distributed, to targeted neighborhoods within Durham Region, by a contracted distribution agency and will arrive to homes which border Highway 401 between Pickering and Bowmanville over the next three weeks.

Jessica-

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 20, 2012, 06:18:57 PM »
Maybe I should read he I'm not tired, I might retain information lol
Sorry Debbiec

Coral

« Reply #115 on: February 23, 2012, 05:42:16 PM »
A few door to door posters are not enough.   If they really want to find out who this is, it needs to be televised on the evening news, or on a national show across Canada.  If they can devote prime time news time to cats and dogs being poisoned or chased by a neighbourhood coyote, they can devote 30 seconds to solving this human remains find.

TLG

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 25, 2012, 01:10:18 PM »
A few door to door posters are not enough.   If they really want to find out who this is, it needs to be televised on the evening news, or on a national show across Canada.  If they can devote prime time news time to cats and dogs being poisoned or chased by a neighbourhood coyote, they can devote 30 seconds to solving this human remains find.

Very Well Put.  We can spend 25 million on a penguin exhiibit at a zoo, but we can't spend the money to protect and feed those in need.  Umph,  Gov't has their priorities all wrong

Jessica-

• View Profile
Just wanted to say I visited this site yesterday at around 10:30 pm, I was coming home from a friends and thought I should pass by. Anyways I noticed that this road is very untraveled at this time, I didn't even pass 1 car during the drive and even when I stopped to look around there was no one. This place is so close to HWY 401 that when I was turning on Holt Rd, I swore I was getting on the on ramp to the 401. When I was driving I also noticed how lit up the area near the power plant is, I'm almost 100% confidant to say that the killer or whoever was with her did not use that entrance if in fact the Darlington plant was up and running. It is way to bright, and way to close to the road to take the chance. Not to mention it is a huge risk since that whole entrance is lit up way to much.

**Edit due to rethinking*

Anyways, even though I know the area a tiny bit I found my self very disoriented because #1 there are barely (if any) lights on that stretch of Holt Rd. If the killer was not to  know to the area *I THINK* that they would have panicked as it is such a long stretch of road with little lighting. I think they would of had to know the area quite well to plan out where to put that body and not be spotted, and be able to make a dash for it (Exits at the rest stop and Holt Rd).

#2 I believe they knew the road was vary rarely used, first of all at 10:30 at night I did not pass one car, not one. Even when I traveled North bound off of Holt rd I only seen One car and it was by HWY#2. When I reached Bloor before #2 that was barely lit up, it almost looked like back roads. So lets think if in 2012 it is this isolated at night, what would it be like in the 80's, 90's or early 2000? probably much more isolated, easy to get away.

#3 I know I sound crazy, but when I pulled up and parked I thought that the Perp came from 5th wheel and when he almost got to the area turned off his lights and coasted to the spot. Used the fence as a guide line and dumped her body, and then quickly got on the 401 out of sight and never to be seen.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 09:17:50 PM by Jessica- »

Jessica-

• View Profile
I went to visit the location again and they have begun construction across the street. When I was driving by a police car was parked in front of the construction site, maybe to guard the area? I have never seen that before.

Anyways I am hoping that maybe digging up the area and building there they might find things to do with this case *Fingers crossed*

jobo

• View Profile
Interesting, Jessica.  I wonder if the Police just happened to be there, or if they are going to be checking out the job site just in case more evidence comes forth.