Author Topic: Dustin Paxton torture case  (Read 80334 times)

capeheart

• View Profile
Re: Dustin Paxton torture case
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2010, 06:22:22 PM »
So happy that Dustin is in a place now that he can go after the law to have this person who hurt him physically and mentally, put behind bars for a long time. Yes, go Dustin and so glad you are on your way to greater things. :o :o :o :o :o :o

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2010, 07:13:24 PM »
It has been a long horrible road for Dustin...let's hope Dustin Paxton(named suspect) is located and penalized to the max.
The abuse and torture on Lafortune is saddening, what man will do to fellow man...one on one for so long..
I wish Dustin nothing but the best in his recovery....glad to see the LE wheels are in full motion.. I have faith it won't take them long to catch this sick creep Paxton now that his name and pic are all over.   

Carol-Lynn

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2010, 07:59:54 PM »
Even the thought that a person could to that to anyone is just sick. I posted his photo in an email and sent it out to everyone I know, I say get that basterd DNA run in there data base and see if we get a match from and of our women who were found.

SAP

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2010, 09:04:59 PM »
ITA Carol-Lynn. Totally a sick bas****. Reminds me of the person who did a "Dexter". His picture needs to be circulated far and wide. He can't hide forever.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 09:06:42 PM by SAP »

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2010, 09:15:37 PM »
I put him on facebook as well.... I think we should all print his treacherous face and post it at every bus station, laundromat, anywhere with a bulletin board.  I saw his Victim on television news this evening.  That is the first time I've seen that much damage inflicted on one individual.  Usually one would have to have seen several different victims of torture before viewing that much injury.... the part of his mouth missing, part of his tongue cut off, all the huge black burn marks all over him .... it's unbelievable he survived this. 

What blew me away is that fact that he was able to horrify this poor guy for ages allowing him to go out to work etc. ...having to lie to friends and co-workers of how he sustained injuries .....until the psychopath got so violent, he finally confined this boy, and even starved him almost to death.  It's unbelievable that people in this country don't all carry a picture of Ward Paxton....and look at it constantly until someone spots him.  God knows who else he may have already tortured and/or killed ....maybe even girls and/or younger victims yet to be known.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 09:21:00 PM by lostlinganer »

Annastaisha

• "Happy people just don't shoot their husbands..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2010, 01:16:02 AM »
I am a front desk manager at a motel. We are located next to a greyhound depot and on the TCH. We recently were "honored" with a guest that had a Canada Wide warrent.  My desk clerks and I check the Most Wanted lists for varying police agencies - in both Canada and the US. We see, on average between 100 - 400 people a day in the summer. I really think that hotels among major routes or located near bus depots and other places of public transportation should get pictures faxed to them for staff to keep an eye on. I do realize it isnt always feasible to send out mass alerts like that, but runners gotta stay somewhere, they dont always stay in their cars.

lostlinganer

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2010, 01:30:06 AM »
Annastaisha
You are "right on" with that my friend.... and very thoughtful about people for sure.

I know it would be a massive undertaking for police agencies to get out such information to that many sources across the country... it certainly wouldn't happen in a day.  Might I suggest something!

A hugh number of business that are losing a lot through theft, have united.  When they catch a thief, they save his/her picture, tag on the name and any details they can, to the picture - and fax it on to all the other business in the area.  That is something which can be agreed upon at any metting of business people. 

It is also a worthy undertaking for somebody to simply make a "list" of every hotel/motel in their city and their fax number - write up a short note to go with with it asking them keep that particular fax close at hand, and forward a "heads up" whenever they hear of a "wanted" person in the area.

Annastaisha

• "Happy people just don't shoot their husbands..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2010, 01:48:56 AM »
Sadly, that only works for the biggies. The guy we had at the hotel wasnt published and we found out he had the warrent quite by accident, he left belongings in the room, and when the desk clerk opened the bag to make a list of the content she saw prison discharge papers and called the police thinking he may need them and thats when she was told he was wanted.

haunted

« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2010, 08:53:56 AM »
Great news!

http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/TopStories/20100825/lafortune-suspect-arrest-100825/

Edmonton police have caught a man who is suspected of torturing his former roommate and later dumping him at a Regina hospital.

Dustin Ward Paxton was arrested in Edmonton at about 8:30 p.m. Tuesday.

CTV Edmonton reports that Paxton is currently in custody and is being questioned by Calgary detectives.

Paxton is accused of holding his former roommate, Dustin LaFortune, captive while abusing him and allowing him to starve down to about one-third of his natural weight.

The 26-year-old LaFortune was treated at a Regina hospital on April 16. He weighed only 87 pounds when he was found.

LaFortune was also disfigured, had been burned and police say parts of his lips and tongue had been cut off.

He was in such rough shape that police could not even interview LaFortune about what happened to him for nearly a month.

Ed Mason, a reporter with Edmonton's CHED radio station, said LaFortune is believed to be making a slow recovery from his injuries.

"He is becoming his old self again," said Mason, citing sources who have spoken to LaFortune's mother. Although he hasn't regained much weight, "he is regaining his strength, both physically and emotionally and he is doing better than maybe some had expected," Mason told CTV News Channel in a telephone interview on Wednesday morning.

"But horrific injuries of this kind over such a long period of time, it'll take a long time to recover."

Paxton was named as the prime suspect in the case earlier this week. He faces several charges including aggravated assault and forcible confinement.

Arrest warrants indicate police believe that LaFortune was held in Calgary against his

will between Dec. 1, 2009 and March 2, 2010. They believed he was confined for a second time in Regina between March 16 and April 16.

Mason said Calgary police suspect that more victims may come forward as the case moves forward.

With files from The Canadian Press

lostlinganer

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2010, 09:39:34 AM »
If there are more victims, I hope and pray they come forward;  this animal needs to go down, big time!  Maybe he'll never see freedom again.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2010, 09:54:00 AM »

Thanks for posting that article haunted. I am glad to see that they've caught this guy. Hopefully he will get everything that's coming to him. It's hard for me to fathom how a person could be so cruel to another human being. This may well not be an isolated incident.

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2010, 10:27:48 AM »
I had faith LE would catch the perp quickly, once they determined who he was.....and they did......kudo's
Looking at Paxton's picture last night I thought he looked like a Jeffrey Dalhmer type....and I think he is from what he did to Dustin Lafortune.....Let's hope they lock him away for a long, long time.   Horrifying, and heartbreaking.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2010, 11:34:14 AM »
Looking at Paxton's picture, and knowing what he did, we can see a monster.  However, I wonder how many of us would have thought that upon first meeting him.  Clean cut looking, nice boyish features and place a smile on his face, and few would have guessed as to what thoughts lurks behind that face?

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2010, 12:51:54 PM »
It came on our local CJCB news here in Cape Breton that Paxton has been arrested for the torture and assault of Dustin. So happy to hear the news. I would say that Paxton was hoping to be caught, before any outside justice would be dealt to him. Apparently the police were afraid that the friends and followers of this case would get him first. He is lucky to be in police custody right now, it possibly saved his life.  :o :o :o :o :o :o

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2010, 07:29:57 PM »
If there are more victims, I hope and pray they come forward;  this animal needs to go down, big time!  Maybe he'll never see freedom again.

I can't imagine there not being another, however, it would be very hard to believe the person lived. I have often wondered what made him drop Dustin off at the hospital? We should be thankful that he did. But, have a very hard time giving a guy like that any praise at all. No person should ever be treated like that. I hope people are a bit more alert to their "neighbors" and will report any any any sign of that kind of abuse, or any any any sounds of abuse. It breaks my heart to see a guy so young and so healthy and so full of life, and in a matter of months, so viciously abused. This guy needs more of a sentence then the law allows. We can only hope there are more cases, and he gets life no parole ever.

Dustin Lafortune, I'm so glad you are with us. Keep up the fight you are doing good. I give your family a lot of respect, as well, for restraint.