Author Topic: Gwen Gregory | Murdered | Usherville, SK (March 2009)  (Read 8695 times)

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
Gwen Gregory | Murdered | Usherville, SK (March 2009)
« on: May 12, 2010, 02:36:44 PM »
http://www.newstalk980.com/story/20100512/33642

A small town in East-Central Saskatchewan has been waiting, hoping for a killer to be found.
In March, 2009 a 50-year-old woman was found dead inside a home in Usherville.  Her husband among others awaits answers. 
And now, more then a year since Gwen Gregory was found dead- there are still no arrests- but yet Alton Gregory still has confidence that the person who killed his wife will be caught.
Gregory says the community has been very supportive, but that there's a lot of frustration since no arrests have been made. Gregory says the RCMP have been in contact regularly with him.
On the day she died, Gwen was babysitting her young grandchild- the child was not harmed.  If you have any information, you're asked to call Crimestoppers or RCMP.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
Re: Gwen Gregory | Murdered | Usherville, SK (March 2009)
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 02:39:23 PM »
I never even heard of this case, yet I live in Sask.

I am 99% sure I drove thru this little town last June. If I am not mistaken, only about 10 people live there and only a couple of houses.

Although it seems like an easy case to solve, obviously these days the Crown is getting more and more demanding with evidence to move forward. I guess this is the CSI affect.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 06:47:24 PM »
Chris, this is a very unusual case. I mean if this was just a small town and somebody went in there while Gwen was babysitting, who knew she was there??? There are not many details. Was there a forced entry into the home or did Gwen willingly let the person in? Was she out of the home with the child or children and came back to find someone breaking in? And did she normally babysit in that home? The person she was babysitting for, was it a family member or was it just a friend? And the person whom she was babysitting for, were they afraid of anybody that was violent? And it does not say in what manner that Gwen was murdered. This has to be very upsetting for her family. I'm hoping someone that lives in that area will post more information related to this case, it is certainly scary because it is a small community.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 10:32:33 PM »
It is a very remote place, I thikn about a km off a lightly used highway.

Had to have been someone she knew for sure. I hope the husband and police are close to finding out who did this.

Too bad there are no detais, but the police probably already know 'who' did it and just need 1 more step to make an arrest.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2015, 01:48:00 PM »
http://www.yorktonthisweek.com/mr-big-video-suggests-motive-in-mildenberger-murder-trial-1.1971526

There is finally an idication of motive in the 2009 murder of Gwenda Gregory in Usherville. On Tuesday morning the Crown entered a June 5, 2012 video of a meeting in a warehouse in Winnipeg between an undercover police officer posing as a Vancouver crime boss and alleged murderer Jaycee Mildenberger. In the video, Mildenberger explains to Mr. Big that, on March 6, 2009 he went over to Gregory's house for a drink. She came on to him, he said, telling him she was leaving her husband and she wanted him. According to Mildenberger, Gregory's husband was having an affair with another woman. She asked Mildenberger to go away with her. He said he didn't want to have anything to do with that. She then told him, he said, that she would tell his wife they were having an affair regardless. Then, he said, the phone rang. He could see that it was Gregory's daughter, so he punched her in the chest to prevent her from answering it. For full details of the crime and trial see links below. - See more at: http://www.yorktonthisweek.com/mr-big-video-suggests-motive-in-mildenberger-murder-trial-1.1971526#sthash.jOdqPY8f.dpuf

I don't believe one word that this killer said.  He is  putting  the blame on the victim./jb
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 08:39:40 PM by jellybean »