Author Topic: Corporal Christopher Raymond Chaulk-Petewawa  (Read 14593 times)

jobo

• View Profile
Corporal Christopher Raymond Chaulk-Petewawa
« on: May 10, 2010, 07:34:39 AM »
This was just announced that Cpl.Christopher Raymond Chaulk , signal operator, was charged with 4 sexual assaults. He was from Newfoundland/Labrador, and at Petewawa, before he was to be deployed to Afghanistan.  He was charged with 2 assaults on the base on May 6 & 8, and 2 from last fall.

Woodland

• View Profile
Re: Corporal Christopher Raymond Chaulk-Petewawa
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 09:22:28 AM »
I take it Maj. Paule Poulin does not have a choice on what she says on behalf CF.

'Treated on an individual basis'?  Two attacks in the fall at CFB Petawawa, a murder of a CFB Trenton soldier also in the fall and no warning was issued?

I think a more accurate statement would be 'it's not my job'.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 04:34:38 PM »
Thankfully this man is behind bars. This has to have brought fear to the women in that area, especially since Williams was behind bars for sexual assaults and murder. This almost sounds like a copycat kind of thing. The women can now breath a little easier that he is behind bars. 8) 8) 8) 8)

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2010, 09:31:48 PM »
Whatever happened with this case? Can't find a thing on it. What happened June 14th and what is the next step and when?

Chaulk to remain in custody

Posted By SEAN CHASE

Updated 2 months ago

A Petawawa soldier facing numerous sexual assault charges will remain in custody.

Cpl. Christopher Chaulk, 25 appeared via video from the Ottawa-Carleton Detention Centre Wednesday. He will next appear in a Pembroke court by video remand on June 14.

Dressed in an orange jump suit, Cpl. Chaulk listened intently as Justice of the Peace Nancy Mitchell granted a two-week adjournment to allow time for a counsel pre-trial which will take place on June 10. He spoke briefly with defence duty counsel before the adjournment was granted.

The soldier was originally based at Canadian Forces Station St. John's before being tasked to CFB Petawawa as a member of Task Force 1-10. He was to have deployed to Afghanistan when he was arrested on May 8 following a joint investigation by military police, the Ontario Provincial Police and the Canadian Forces National Investigation Service (CFNIS).
He is charged in connection with incidents alleged to have occurred at the base on May 6 and 8, 2010 and Sept. 26 and Nov. 29, 2009.

In relation to the May 6 and 8 occurrences, Cpl. Chaulk is charged with two counts of sexual assault, two counts of assault causing bodily harm, two counts of break and enter with intent to commit an indictable offence, one count with intent to commit an indictable offence had his face covered, breaking out of a dwelling house after committing a sexual assault and loitering.

He is also charged with two counts each of sexual assault and assault dating back to two alleged incidents at the CFB /ASU Petawawa last fall.

A court-imposed publication ban prevents the identities of the victims from being released. A ban on the publication of evidence has been ordered by the courts.

(with files from Tina Peplinskie)

Sean Chase is a Daily Observer reporter
http://www.thedailyobserver.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2606136

amIam

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2010, 04:36:13 AM »
Petawawa soldier faces more charges
Last Updated: Monday, August 23, 2010 | 7:45 PM ET Comments1Recommend0CBC News
A Canadian Forces soldier originally charged with four sexual assaults in May is now facing more charges.

Cpl. Raymond Chaulk, 25, was charged with attacking four women in and around CFB Petawawa between September 2009 and May 2010.

At the time of his arrest, police said they would look at other unsolved cases that Chaulk might be connected to.

Chaulk now faces a total of 17 charges involving five victims in the Kingston and Petawawa areas.

The charges include five counts of sexual assault, as well as assault causing bodily harm, break and enter, and wearing a disguise.

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/ottawa/story/2010/08/23/chaulk-charges.html#ixzz0xWCaR91O

amIam

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2010, 04:12:42 PM »
News has been scant on Chaulk but LE seem to have been very busy as further charges against him have been laid.  So far no murder charges have been laid as in the " alleged" case against
RW but so far the additional charges have been but up to 17..one short of CFB Trenton's base commander, Colonel Russell David Williams.  Chaulk is reported to be 25 yrs old, Williams is an old guy by comparison.  I wonder if Williams will be ticked off that this guy might outshine him....?

Another curious note I find that in the case of Chaulk, the comment section on CBC is open but in the case of Williams any comment section in any major newspaper or media source has been closed since day one.  I wonder what give with that?

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2010, 06:10:51 PM »
Please tell me we don't have a secret lil ole boys network going on here. These are just random acts sick individuals?  I suppose we can still say that compared to the normal population, there are some bad apples...so are we only going to find two? Or, do we need to be checking our inventory and backgrounds, and rethinking our processes yet?

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2010, 09:17:51 PM »
Sounds to me like this little Cpl is following in Mr. W's footsteps. Maybe he wanted to make Colonel someday. The services will have to change their screening processes most definitely.  But, those that pass, can still turn ugly.   The Camp Liason , and Military Police should meet on a regular basis with the local LE to get regular updates on the crimes occurring within the community. Half the knowing never hurts. Too late, in finding out after the fact that one of their members is doing these types of things. I think it is time.

me

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2010, 11:37:08 AM »
Growing up in the rural community of Renfrew County, I frequently heard whispers about rapes and disappearances on and around the base in Petewawa.  A comment would be made, and immediately hushed.  I don't know if it was because I was a child, or if people thought that they were unfounded rumours, or a bit of both.  One of the reason's that I started coming to this site, was to search for information on disappearances in that area.

amIam

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2010, 04:42:42 PM »
Call me pessimistic but given what we now know regarding RW, Chaulk and the unnamed military person from CFB Trenton who committed incest against his daughter for years..and has resecently plead guilty, there are more than a few bad apples.  And then of course there is the former Chaplain up on charges. 

Please tell me we don't have a secret lil ole boys network going on here. These are just random acts sick individuals?  I suppose we can still say that compared to the normal population, there are some bad apples...so are we only going to find two? Or, do we need to be checking our inventory and backgrounds, and rethinking our processes yet?