Author Topic: Steven Michael Hall - 21 - Murdered - 1996 Chester, NS  (Read 25375 times)

Besani

• Searching for Kimberly McAndrew! August 12, 1989
    • View Profile
Re: Steven Michael Hall - 21 - Murdered - 1996 Chester, NS
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2015, 06:05:28 PM »
Drove down the road where he was found the other day...it was sad knowing he spent so many cold nights laying out there alone. I hope his killer comes forward one day, even if its on his death bed. His parents deserve to know how he died and who killed him.

oldguy

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2015, 09:15:10 PM »
I was in highschool when this happened, he was a really nice guy.
That we have no answer after all these years still keeps me awake.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2015, 09:27:30 PM »
Old Guy: Welcome to Unsolved :)

It is very encouraging to hear from someone who knew Steven Hall. And it is great to know that he was a very nice guy.

I personally have never met him.  It does bother me  that his murder remains unsolved.
Unfortunately there are too many Stevens on our Board who are still awaiting justice.

JB

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2015, 05:18:10 PM »
Why would any provincial govt pay up to $150,000 for a solving of this crime?  Never heard of that ever before.  Was he an employee.  Also that is tax payers money.  I don't get it.Crime Stoppers will pay $2,000. IMO Something is strange here. ???

Peace
JB
That is a new program to help get unsolved murders in Nova Scotia. It is not the tax payers money, it was a special reward made up for several unsolved crimes, to which the same amount is awarded. None has been solved anyway, as far as I know with the program. Anything to get a murderer off the street. And if it was the tax payers money, we don't give a rats ass, because we want those people caught. This was a random murder, because he was hitch hiking.

oldguy

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2015, 07:18:52 PM »
It wasn't a random, at least how I see it.
There was another very suspicious death a month before Steven was found, his friend and co worker, William "Billy" Beals (sic) was stabbed multiple times,  hrm police determined it a suicide,  the first call i got was from a friend of his girlfriend,  and I was told he was attacked outside his Springgarden road apartment by someone who knew his name.  I have never found as much as an obituary for Billy online, as if he never existed. I tried alternative spellings of Beals, no luck. Almost as if someone erased him.
If you haven't guessed, I take this personally, Steven stood up for me when I was a bullied kid, when noone else would.

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2015, 07:58:41 PM »
maybe this poor man had to be erased considering the apparent police handling (typical of NS)
There was another very suspicious death a month before Steven was found, his friend and co worker, William "Billy" Beals (sic) was stabbed multiple times,  hrm police determined it a suicide
    NS police seemed to be very capable of losing files, making bad calls etc. around that time period.  ...which might explain so many unsolved in the province. imo!

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2015, 08:32:25 PM »
It wasn't a random, at least how I see it.
There was another very suspicious death a month before Steven was found, his friend and co worker, William "Billy" Beals (sic) was stabbed multiple times,  hrm police determined it a suicide,  the first call i got was from a friend of his girlfriend,  and I was told he was attacked outside his Springgarden road apartment by someone who knew his name.  I have never found as much as an obituary for Billy online, as if he never existed. I tried alternative spellings of Beals, no luck. Almost as if someone erased him.
Good God, how can the police declare Billy's death a suicide, when he was stabbed multiple times?
Nothing surprises me anymore, but this one is a real dumb ass conclusion.
At least old fumbling Inspector Clouseau would have known the difference.

jb

lostlinganer

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2015, 04:33:45 AM »
oldguy, do you think you can find (or direct us to) a news item or police statement regarding Billy?  I for one would really like to see it.

oldguy

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2015, 10:59:21 AM »
oldguy, do you think you can find (or direct us to) a news item or police statement regarding Billy?  I for one would really like to see it.

No I can't,  I can't find anything.  That is what really bothers me.

oldguy

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2015, 05:32:35 PM »
I emailed the Chronicle Herald,  and the Bridgewater Bulletin,  and requested a copy of the obituary.
The date of death was October 22nd 1996, the stabbing occurred on Sunday the 20th.
Billy worked at the Millet lumber mill in Chester grant with Steven, and was dating a girl at Forest Height Heights, after the disappearance,  he moved to Halifax.
Memories are a bit fuzzy,  it has been nearly 20 years.

lostlinganer

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2015, 08:45:40 PM »
sure seems like a link is in there somewhere between Steve and Billy.... almost like Billly got outa Dodge... got spooked somehow, or just needed to get away from the sorrow. 

oldguy

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2015, 04:52:24 PM »
At the time,  alot of us thought Steven had to lay low, and had gotten out of Dodge,  we thought he would be back, alive and well.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2015, 05:04:21 PM »
Old Guy - that is  very odd indeed.  Did Billy leave town when Steve's body was discovered, or before?  Did you ever think that perhaps Billy did something to Steve?

Were there rumours that these two were into something  in the grey area of the law?
or - did Billy figure out why Steve was murdered, and thought it best to leave town, so that he would be out of harms way?
jb
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 05:20:40 PM by jellybean »

oldguy

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2015, 05:59:58 PM »
Jellybean,  Billy worked as a carny in the summer,  and found fill in work in the off season,  I never thought of Billy as a suspect, he wasn't a violent person,  just really needed people to like him, he was a foster child, so he may have had  abandonment issues.
As to the things going on at the time, I wasn't involved much, but there was alot of money, drugs and the 81 in the picture.

PandaBearKitty

« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2015, 07:43:58 PM »
old guy:   you could also try looking for Billy's obituary in the local public library.   They usually have copies of newspapers and librarians are very helpful in finding information.
also you could try online searches for any of his relatives if you know their names.   it is amazing how you can find what you are looking for by not looking for it.   
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 08:04:40 PM by PandaBearKitty »