Author Topic: Kleman trial to start April 26/2010!! Daily updates & discussion..  (Read 25983 times)

capeheart

• View Profile
Re: Kleman trial to start April 26/2010!! Daily updates & discussion..
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2010, 04:57:42 PM »
Edsonmom, thanks for the information on Kleman. I am very happy with the sentence of 18 years with no parole, that is very good. With no death sentences here in Canada, that is a good sentence and he will have to serve every day. I suppose the police have questioned him on other crimes. And as stated, if he was found guilty or pled guilty to any other crimes he possibly would serve them concurrent. But who knows, he could get another 20 years tagged on to what he already has and never see the light of day. Congratulations to the police on the west coast  and the prosecutors for getting this creep where he belongs. :( :( :( :D :D :D :D :D :D

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2010, 05:39:50 PM »
Interesting video Edsonmom. Boy, what a different demeanor he has in the video, than coming out of court. Act? I noticed he had no mention of harming her, feeling sorry, or that she was a person with feelings or family or life. No regard for her at all, actually, except he must kill her. He said he was walking the path, angry. I don't know what at, just angry. He just kept saying over and over and over that afterward he felt fear and questioned himself "What did I do?" And, the pathetic clencher as if the investigator didn't quite connect the dots so he offered it up--you know, the I'm was momentarily crazy plea-- "What did I do? Like, what possessed me?"  Oh, and some tears. But never for Emily.

And, perhaps telltale--he admits to having a rope, wire with handles, and an exacto. Guess everyone goes on walks to be angry and carries along with them rope, wire with handles, and an exacto. Commits murder on a child, and afterwards says, "What did I do?"

My answer, "Exactly what you intended to do:  Kill." And, that's all that matters to me. There are consequences to behavior. Too bad the consequences haven't worked all along. Emily had earned the right to walk that path, not you. I'm getting a little tired of hearing that convicted criminals get more than 100 chances, and children get 0. Change the odds, make it 0 for criminals and 100 for children until we find a better system, and not the other way around. Why...Why...WHY do we continue to give those with this propensity and behavior the opportunities? So, children can't walk park paths in their own neighborhoods? Are people beginning to accept this behavior? Yes, he got 18 years. But, he should have never had a day in the park.

Edsonmom

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2010, 06:24:26 PM »
Very well put Concerned!!
You know, this has been such a hard case for me, not only because it involved a child, that I knew, but that it happened only a few blocks from my home, at the time..I know first hand, the fear, our town went through, with a killer on the lose, I saw the fear, not only in my daughters face, but the whole town.
Looking at the two video's today, have opened a whole flood of emotions.. I am filled with so much hate & rage towards this moster, who had the nerve, 2 days after he Murdered Emily, to shake her fathers hand, at the vigil, and tell him, "I don't know how anyone, could do this to your daughter!" To go on, with his life, for 2 more months, like nothing happened..He let The stauffer's go through hell, he let the town go through hell. Why, because he was mad that day.. OMFG and they say he is only a moderate risk, to offend again.. He admits, that  the anger was gone, after he killed her. So the pressure was off, which brings me back to Margaret Findlay.. Did she say or do something to piss him off.. and he took care of the problem, clearly getting away with it..
He was on that trail, looking to hurt someone, no way, he had those types of weapons, to kill himself, he is to much of a coward, to kill himself..
Hold your babies close my friends, mosters such as him, are every where, and until the punishment matches the crime, things are only going to get worse..

D1

« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2010, 08:23:16 PM »
Technically he is guilty of second degree degree murder but in reality, we all know different.
He was on that trail, looking to hurt someone, no way, he had those types of weapons, to kill himself, he is to much of a coward, to kill himself..
So he will be in protective custody the entire time, no rehab, and may get out again someday. Nice.. This would have been a death penalty crime not that long ago, pre Truscott.

haunted

« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2010, 08:30:41 PM »
I watched the video and there is only one word that came to mind to decsribe Kleman: Pathetic. He is completely pathetic. May the last thing he sees, on this earth, be the four walls of his cell.

Sleuth

« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2010, 12:49:11 AM »
Thank you Edsonmom for keeping us informed and updated.

TFindlay

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2010, 02:20:56 AM »
Is that written anywhere? Was my Mothers Murder brought up in this case of Emilys death at any time?

D1

« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2010, 09:04:28 PM »
Not as far as I know, from what I gather almost nothing was said. Kleman plead guilty to a second degree murder charge and avoided any and all questions as a result. But.. pm edsonmom, she may have more details.

SAP

« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2015, 10:48:04 AM »
So many of the links are dead so I'm posting a link to a you tube that still remains showing R. Kleman"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdfrxDRFodA