Author Topic: Newly Convicted Priest Would Like to Return to Resume Again  (Read 2493 times)

Concerned

• View Profile
Newly Convicted Priest Would Like to Return to Resume Again
« on: April 23, 2010, 10:06:49 PM »
I believe this individual needs more than a slap on the hand and/or remorse. It scares me that an individual that uses his position to molest teens, just plead guilty on Thursday of his crimes and briefly states he is remorseful and announces he would like to return to doing the same kind of work again. I don't think he gets it. He only gets 18 months, of which he gets credit for 10 months. DOn't they get that he "does tremendous things" and "compassionate work" as a way to get around (and use his position to get to) young children?  It just doesn't go away. Looking at the locations he has served, I would tend to believe that he will make his rounds again. Some of those old areas should be looked into for possible past occurrences, in my opinion.

Former Ontario priest convicted of abusing Haitian teens

capeheart

• View Profile
Re: Newly Convicted Priest Would Like to Return to Resume Again
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2010, 12:39:42 PM »
He actually has the attitude that he can go back into this kind of work. What a stupid comment to make. That's like putting the fox back in the henhouse. He doesn't get it, that is so pathetic. His life is ruined of course and he just doesn't get it. I hope that the sentence indicates he is never to be around young children or teenagers again.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 10:57:27 PM »
.. but the church has a shortage of priests!!!. So, one never knows....

jb
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 11:00:47 PM by jellybean »

RubyRose

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2016, 02:35:03 PM »
I'd be willing to bet that it was because of his "weakness" that he was in Haiti in the first place.  It certainly wouldn't be the first time one of these characters was moved around just to keep such things quiet.

I'd expect he would resume his duties (and likely everything else) at some point.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2016, 10:56:49 AM »
No way in hell should this priest be able to resume his activities. There should be a big picket line if he even attempts to practice as a priest again. This guy should be locked up and throw away the key. I must make a note of his name, if it is posted here, just so he does not end up in some small community here in Cape Breton. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

RubyRose

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2016, 01:38:53 PM »
No, I agree he shouldn't be, Capeheart.  I think that is a good idea though to make note of his name.  If, at some point in the future, he is allowed to resume his duties, even under supervision, my guess would be it would be in some small community where it was hoped his reputation had not preceded him.  It's wise to be vigilant.