Welcome to UnsolvedCanada.ca

This forum lists unsolved murders and missing people from Canada and other related discussions. If you wish to add a case, please create an account and add it, or send the information using the 'Contact' link on the top menu. Please Read The Rules Here.

Question:

Why are many people unwilling to provide tips to police that could solve a murder?

Author Topic: Abigail Andrews | 28 | Missing | Pregnant | Fort. St. John | April 7, 2010  (Read 24279 times)

capeheart

• View Profile
Yes, I see that message and I saw it before. It has to be very heartbreaking to the family, the daughter is missing and she is pregnant. The officers say, they have too many important things to do. Well doesn't that make them feel good, I wonder if it was one of their kids or wife that was missing, how taxed would they be then. What is more important then a pregnant woman missing. Don't they remember the Stacy Peterson case. If it was my sister, my daughter or anyone in my family, they wouldn't give me that story. In other words, they may feel she was murdered, but we can't bother to get search warrants for the last place she was or interrogate the man she was having the baby from, oh, that would be too much trouble. Come on, the people should be parading iin Fort St. John, if that's the best police force they have there. What is more important, picking up some bastard that has a couple of joints on them and arresting them or stopping speeders. That's what bothers me about what is going on in the country, the real criminals and murderers are getting away with a lot. The police are just too busy stopping someone with a couple of joints. Get out there and get the women abusers and the child predators and the pedophiles, to hell with that guy that's having a joint. He is not going to stop smoking it anyway. I take it you are a woman, so why not stay on the side of a woman that possibly was abused and can no longer speak for herself.  :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

rebelgirl

• Reaching Everyone By Exposing Lies
    • View Profile
I take it you are a woman, so why not stay on the side of a woman that possibly was abused and can no longer speak for herself.  :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

I am on her side.
No matter what the circumstances are there should have been more information made public for sure.
Regardless why would her own mother be siding with police being "too busy" without having some knowledge the public doesn't have.
I am also a mother of two daughters one 23 and one 13 and I can't imagine saying that statement let alone publicly.   

capeheart

• View Profile
Did her mother actually go to a newspaper and say this, did she actually come out and comment this on TV publicly or is this just rumour, just gossip. I find it very hard to believe that a mother would do that. I am the type of person, if I don't see the person actually saying it, I give the benefit of the doubt. I understand that Abigail had worked in a bar at some time, as I understand. Is this why the police are so lax to look into her disappearance. Her and her mother may have had a falling out and were not communicating, maybe that was a problem. And if Abi needed her mom's help and she did not help her, that is very sad. But I don't care even if Abi was a prostitute and I'm not saying she was, she is a human being, she was carrying a baby. What kind of hearts do they have in Fort St. John, they sure don't sound like the down easters to me. Very cold blooded in my estimation. ??? ??? ??? >:( >:( >:(

hope4abi

• View Profile
Concerned, I'm with you. And this poster that wrote that Abi probably went to Quebec, oh yeah, why would she. If you don't speak fluent French, Quebec is the last place you'd go. You're arrested there if you put up an English sign, so whoppdee doo,  why would she go there??? I have a gut feeling on the person that knows what happened to Abigail, lives very close and was very close to her. They did not want to look after a baby and I think there is a Scott Peterson clone possibly, in Fort St. John. :o :o :o :o

Lol her sister lives in Montreal...also her Facebook has albums from when she was in Montreal...visiting her sister. So I guess my opinion is totally crazy. 

Also, apparently it is common to go to places or countries that you can not speak the language....imagine that!

Concerned

• View Profile
From what I read Abi and her mom were close. I too have not read the mother saying that, it would be interesting to find that proof, if it exists. I think it is hard on families not knowing, not able to find. I believe all doors are open. I just wish clues would walk through. I just don't get the feeling that Abi is out there  happily raising the child. It doesn't add up.

Nish

• I can't get PTSD, I'm a carrier.
    • View Profile
Re: language:

Point, and a small one, no one is arrested for putting signs in English up. Those laws have been amended so far as I am aware. You're fine so long as French is the predominant language on signage. Under the first incarnation, Montreal had the only Chinatown in the world absent of Chinese writing (!) because it was French only. That said, the above is my very literal interpretation to an online source explaining bills 101 and 88. It's still something contended over, like the Irish pub that has been the centre of controversy for not offering menus or service en Francais, but, IMO, that's a case of someone pushing back just a wee bit too far.

Montreal itself is a vastly multicultural city with a large and thriving Irish population, so English is not uncommon whatsoever. Further, many Anglos with very limited French have moved to Montreal to work as it's a very large centre for business and finance. Most will learn French in time as immersion is the best solution, IMO. Quebec City is a bit more of a stretch but this isn't the 70's and people have realized that bilingualism, when your first language is something other than English, is somewhat essential should you ever want to leave the confines of la Belle Province.

I have vacationed in Quebec numerous times and so far I have found the stereotype of Quebecois being rude and ignorant of Anglos to be patently false. Even my wife's very limited French was enough for her just so long as she showed the effort. Heck, world over I can make the same claim about being exposed to other languages/cultures, which I have been on quite a few occasions.

Ergo, I don't consider it out of the realm of possibility for this woman to have gone to see her sister in Montreal. That said, it's a rather small point as things do not add up, as Concerned has pointed out already.

I suppose the reason I wouldn't want to see Montreal dismissed as a potential destination is because that limits options for investigative angles. FWIW. Sorry it took so long to get to that, but I wanted to explain myself clearly.

le Nish 8)

art-hu

• View Profile
Re: Abigail Andrews | 28 | Missing | Pregnant | Fort. St. John | April 7, 2010
« Reply #111 on: September 10, 2012, 09:35:33 PM »
 If Abigail had stayed with her sister in Montreal, surely LE would have heard something by now. I don't believe Abigail went in that direction. She is somewhere, the question is , where?? Being held somewhere against her will is also a possibility. ??

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 12, 2012, 07:29:52 PM »
I don't think that language should be a barrier.  If she went to Montreal to live with her sister, and if the police are aware of it, then case closed. Police will inform her mom that she is safe, but that she  doesn't want  to be found, and does not want any communication between herself and her Mom. Perhaps a new life, was her desire, and perhaps her sister took her in.

Just taking hopeforabi's post into consideration here.

I hope that hopeforabi will come back on and let us know if Abi is safe, but I doubt it!!
Lack of communication todate from her mother says alot to me.  She is not  there, she is silent.\ so am thinking that the mom knows that her daughter is okay and can't be bothered in saying anything more.  Not all Mom's are the same. One poster says that she is still on the missing person list, another says that she is not.
Is she still on it or not?
If she still is on the missing persons updated list, then the scenario changes. All info and alarms go back to 2010
jb
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 08:11:02 PM by jellybean »

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 13, 2012, 06:36:03 PM »
I hate to burst bubbles and take the disneyworld affect away from everybody. But I believe Abigail Andrews is a victim of a serious crime and may no longer be with us. I am not saying this to hurt anybody, it is my opinion. We are into over two years without any known contact with Abigail. She was a pregnant lady. She needs all the help she can get from her family and friends. And I am sure that if she had gone to another province, that her family and friends would be aware of her being safe and okay. I feel that somebody should be once again reviewing Abi's wereabouts and if she cannot be contacted, that there should be a very serious investigation as to what happened to her. If your family doesn't get involved in these cases, who else cares, nobody. The police making such comments should be unacceptable and they damned sure wouldn't be telling me that, because I'd be all over the media with a comment like that. Every tax payer has the right to police protection and that is what they are getting paid for. If a crime has taken place, they need to find out. If she is reported missing and was last seen at a certain residence, start from there. It is as simple as that. It makes me angry to think this case has just slipped by the wayside. :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

And just to make another note here, she was pregnant, so there are two people missing, not one. :( :( :( :( :( :(

cana_nomad

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 16, 2012, 12:00:05 AM »
In reading the father of her baby saying that he was meeting up with her to discuss what to do about everything (the pregnancy and all that relates to it, etc)- I know they ruled out his DNA, but have they ruled out this man's wife?  Were there traces of anyone else being there, unbeknownst to Abigail until she showed up?  I'm wondering if she walked into a setup?

what disturbs me the most is how far along she was.  If she was murdered, what became of the baby?  I wonder how to go about finding out if there were abandoned babies left with child protection services/hospitals across Canada around when Abigail would have given birth? 

I realize how paranoid this next part sounds, but stranger things have happened- could Abigail have decided to adopt the baby out, and perhaps to the father and his wife?  Perhaps she felt she couldn't care for it?  Or, she could have been forced to give it up, under threat perhaps?

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 17, 2012, 11:58:20 AM »
I believe Abigail was murdered. I believe she was murdered the night she went to meet up with this so called person to talk about the baby. It was a setup, of course it was, there was plans to harm her and get her out of the way. Something happened. People don't just disappear who are pregnant, go over to have a few words with someone and nobody sees them anymore. The common sense has gone out the window here and Fort St. John sure doesn't sound like a good place to live. Totally unacceptable if some bastard is getting away with a crime like this. This could be another Lacey Peterson, remember the case, he murdered her on Christmas Eve, imagine and threw her body in the ocean. This SOB could have done the same thing. ABIGAIL'S CASE HAS TO BE INVESTIGATED. COME ON FORT ST. JOHN, GET THIS CASE SOLVED. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

art-hu

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 17, 2012, 06:36:52 PM »
I still think that Abigail had a stalker. She worked at the bar. She disappeared leaving the boyfriends house,? evening ,dark street, no one saw anything.?  I don't think the baby's father knows anything.  I agree cape it was a set-up, but by some one that knew she was going to visit him. I think Abigail is being held against her will. And I agree cape, Abigail's case should be investigated, this case should get solved and the perps put where they belong.

SAP

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 17, 2012, 08:59:59 PM »
The search for Abigail went very quiet. About the same time Abigail was removed from Missing persons list, the family were also resigned as to her fate. None of it was shared with the public as to why.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 18, 2012, 03:04:27 PM »
There was no report of anyone stalking Abigail. The last known person she saw was having coffee with her. But who saw her leaving his residence?????? And why did things get so quiet????? They seemed very tight lipped on the west coast. We hear this over and over again, nobody wants to talk about anything that went on. There are several missing women and it is quite evident where they were. Just think about all of the women on here in the west that just disappeared. I believe the guy she went to see has something to do with her disappearance. Was she walking??? Was she driving? Where is the vehicle she drove in??? Did the police investigate this man thoroughly. Like did he have a bank account that there was a big advance of money taken out??? Did he pay someone to get rid of Abi???? All of these questions would be definitely on my list. And if it was my sister or family member, I'd be sitting on the doorstep of the police station. I'd be squawking day and night about it and not letting it rest. They'd do something or they wouldn't have a job. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 18, 2012, 06:39:24 PM »
Has it in fact been aserted that she actually left the babys fathers house, or is it just his word we are trusting, after all he was a married man, so how good is his word. JMO.

A garden of tears: the murder of Kathryn-Mary Herbert

A casefile of events and story related to the 1975 murder of Kathryn Mary Herbert (Sutton).

Click Here