Author Topic: SUSPENDED LICENSE  (Read 2385 times)

jobo

• View Profile
SUSPENDED LICENSE
« on: March 29, 2010, 02:28:18 PM »
Someone I know was recently surrounded by 3 police cars, and then arrested for driving with a suspended license. He was told to get out of the car and put his hands on the vehicle, then they cuffed him and arrested him...  He had an unpaid speeding ticket, therefore his license had been suspended. He didn't realize his license wasn't any good, apparantly the authorities do not have to contact you if they suspend your license, and the police will arrest you and throw you in jail..he spent 4 hours in jail, plus, of course, the vehicle was impounded.  More money out the window, and more hassle than worth....And a little bit of overkill on the part of the police... ;D

jobo

• View Profile
Re: SUSPENDED LICENSE
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 07:43:31 PM »
LOL....poor guy was treated like an escaped convict....and to top it off, the station was so busy, they made him sit in the back of the cruiser for an hour, in the cold night, and wouldn't let him put his coat on....he swore to his wife he never said anything to peeve the cops off, so the treatment he received was harsh...he struggles as it is with 4 kids, hence the ticket 'slipping' his mind...It truly can seem so unfair, that the "little" guy really gets it socked to him. 

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 08:06:27 PM »
I'm glad he is home with his family, especially the little ones.

itdoesntmatter

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 07:26:28 AM »
This reminds me of the time I bought a van from a guy just outside the city.  I had insurance, plates, etc
So, I'm driving the van home, into the city, when all of a sudden I found myself surrounded by cop cars.  One zoomed in, in front of me, one in the back and one on each side of me.  I stopped of course  :o  They asked for my papers and then said they were sorry because the van was previously owned by a person that was involved in some pretty bad stuff.  They said that they stop the van whenever they see it in the hopes of catching him doing something.  I was like....ummm do you think you could take the van off of the list of things to stop him for?

Good to see them doing their job though.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 01:29:12 AM »
When I was 17 a cop picked me up for an unpaid speeding ticket and took me to jail.

Thing is I paid it.

Worse, it was July 4th so no judges (houston texas)

My girlfriends parents picked me up the next day.

that sucked.

I like how Ohio does things. they do not arrest people for unpaid tickets. they make you pay for it before you get to renew your license, by plates or access govt services.